Infusions

lodjur.1284

Could we have cosmetic infusions also give the damage to guards (for the offensive stats)/reduced dmg from guards (for the defensive stats)?

Either in addition to or as an alternative (mystic forge recipe) to the current +9 agony

It's a very tiny difference but it's one that bothers me and changing it should be very low effort and hopefully not particularly controversial (can't wait to be proven wrong)

Personally I would rather see them reward WvW players with our own unique WvW cosmetic infusions.I don’t understand why infusion drops remain exclusive to PvE.Why the reluctance to give WvW our own infusion drops?Or make it account bound and bought with time gated tickets or ranks?Like maybe 10,000 tickets per infusion with stackable effects.I would understand if they decide not to give gem shop items like capes, but infusions?Surely they can give us a WvW cosmetic infusion drop or sell one through WvW vendor.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Personally I would rather see them reward WvW players with our own unique WvW cosmetic infusions.I don’t understand why infusion drops remain exclusive to PvE.Why the reluctance to give WvW our own infusion drops?Or make it account bound and bought with time gated tickets or ranks?Like maybe 10,000 tickets per infusion with stackable effects.I would understand if they decide not to give gem shop items like capes, but infusions?Surely they can give us a WvW cosmetic infusion drop or sell one through WvW vendor.

Because we can buy whatever stat infusion we want for a measly 5 laurels and 125 badges.Also, are you insinuating that they add a very rare drop shiny that has the potential to be much-coveted exclusively in WvW? The audacity! Think of the backlash! No sir!

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Personally I would rather see them reward WvW players with our own unique WvW cosmetic infusions.I don’t understand why infusion drops remain exclusive to PvE.Why the reluctance to give WvW our own infusion drops?Or make it account bound and bought with time gated tickets or ranks?Like maybe 10,000 tickets per infusion with stackable effects.I would understand if they decide not to give gem shop items like capes, but infusions?Surely they can give us a WvW cosmetic infusion drop or sell one through WvW vendor.

I wouldn't mind there being WvW exclusive ones, tho maybe not behind what is essentially just a massive timegate, more stuff to just wait for us boring. Also make it BoE so we can earn some gold in WvW.

But I do think all cosmetic infusions including those should look more along the lines of, even potential WvW added ones

+5 stat+9 Agony Resistance+1% dmg to guards (or - 1% from guards for defensive stats)

Allowing people to use whatever cosmetic infusion they prefer in all parts of the game doesn't really have any downsides imo.

@LaGranse.8652 said:Would personally like for cosmetic infusions to be disabled in WvW and PvP. All they do is add clutter and make it harder to see the more subtle skill animations of enemies.

This would solve the problem I suppose, would be a bit sad for some of the less visually bloated ones but a reasonable stance.

Should be added as an option at least

@LaGranse.8652 said:Would personally like for cosmetic infusions to be disabled in WvW and PvP. All they do is add clutter and make it harder to see the more subtle skill animations of enemies.

In pvp you can just turn on standart models, then you also dont have the problem with small asuras having smaller animations... Its already in the game

Not sure if it works in wvw, but there you can just lower graphics and you wont have that clutter.

I personally like seeing what my enemy looks like, so if i see them again i am more likely to know what build they are using, because ill remember their appearance better than name ir guildtag.

@lodjur.1284 said:

I wouldn't mind there being WvW exclusive ones, tho maybe not behind what is essentially just a massive timegate, more stuff to just wait for us boring. Also make it BoE so we can earn some gold in WvW.

But I do think all cosmetic infusions including those should look more along the lines of, even potential WvW added ones

+5 stat+9 Agony Resistance+1% dmg to guards (or - 1% from guards for defensive stats)

Allowing people to use whatever cosmetic infusion they prefer in all parts of the game doesn't really have any downsides imo.

This would solve the problem I suppose, would be a bit sad for some of the less visually bloated ones but a reasonable stance.

Should be added as an option at least

I was thinking of this just the other day as an alternative, but it's probably easier for them to code new ones for WvW cos of spaghetti. Plus it'd probably be more accepted if you got them from WvW side instead of pve.

They could make WvW infusions more clean but noticeable instead of a blast of particle effects. I'd also like a larger selection of normal looking clothing and since all the flashy stuff is from pve and all the other effort went towards spvp armor set, they can throw some casual every day clothing skins in WvW.

@RedShark.9548 said:

In pvp you can just turn on standart models, then you also dont have the problem with small asuras having smaller animations... Its already in the game

Not sure if it works in wvw, but there you can just lower graphics and you wont have that clutter.

I personally like seeing what my enemy looks like, so if i see them again i am more likely to know what build they are using, because ill remember their appearance better than name ir guildtag.

Yes, I tried standard models some years ago sadly I, like you, prefer to see how the enemy looks so I did not like it much. I mainly just dislike the people who stack infusions (like 5 ghostly+legy trinkets etc etc) cause they become a ball of light ^^

@Hannelore.8153 said:I hope they disable the infusion stacking before they ever consider this. One player, one cosmetic infusion.

WvW infusions can show noticeable wear and tear and the more you have the more war torn you look, maybe they could just add some soft glow like the mistforged stuff under the effects to show it off but nothing too out there. Aside from wanting more options for normal or practical looking clothing having a unique set of scaring could show off our game mode without being too flashy and also show off our look without having to wear the Triumphant armor until they fix that set, but I've complained about that armor enough.