Skyscale mount : progression and I am stumped.

aszy.3804

Finally completed what I thought was my last task to obtain the Skyscale mount , only to be at a loss. I just finished the Storm Tracker [finally after watching a video that shows a right turn and not a left turn! ] . According to the email "The perfect spot" , I need all the episodes of Living World Season 4. Ok. Toggle over to My Story and down to Living World Season 4 and all have the yellow/gold achievement and that each has been completed. I did not get ALL of the masteries , but the story parts are completed. I also did all of Gorrick's egg's tasks. What am I missing and how do I figure it out? Where do I look? Thanks in advance. Al

To be honest, I'm not really sure about your progress. But, in order to start the unlock process of the Skyscale you need to finish the last part (called "Descent") of the "War Eternal" episode in Living World Season 4. You also have to have access to all Season 4 maps.

The unlock process is a lengthy one, involving a lot of running around on practically all the maps of the game and takes about 3 and a half days at a minimum due to some parts being time gated. Your progress is tracked by a host of achievements, so you should check among them where you are currently. Compare what you have with this wiki page.

If for some reason you still can't figure out what to do next with the help of the wiki, ask away here.

This guide explains all the steps in the process, including how and when they're unlocked: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skyscale/Walkthrough

The bit about needing all episodes in Season 4 isn't really an instruction on how to unlock the mount, it's a warning they put in so people who don't have them all and aren't willing to buy them can skip the entire process instead of getting part of the way through (potentially all the way up to the last step, depending on which episodes they're missing) and then finding out they can't get it.

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:Suggestion: Make hitting at least the three regular quartz crystal nodes in Dry Top a part of your daily rotation NOW. You will need 12 charged quartz crystals. You can only make 1 per day and each one takes 25 quartz crystals.

But first check how much quartz and charged quartz you already have. Both come from Wintersday gifts, among other places, so it's possible to have some already without ever making an effort to get it. It'd be really annoying to devote time to gathering and charging it in preperation for the skyscale and then find you didn't need to do that because you already had enough.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:Suggestion: Make hitting at least the three regular quartz crystal nodes in Dry Top a part of your daily rotation NOW. You will need 12 charged quartz crystals. You can only make 1 per day and each one takes 25 quartz crystals.

But first check how much quartz and charged quartz you already have. Both come from Wintersday gifts, among other places, so it's possible to have some already without ever making an effort to get it. It'd be really annoying to devote time to gathering and charging it in preperation for the skyscale and then find you didn't need to do that because you already had enough.

Forgot that you also need 10 charged quartz crystals to make the grow lamp for the skyscale toys part. So that's 22 total with the 12 for the skyscale food part.

@"aszy.3804" said:Finally completed what I thought was my last task to obtain the Skyscale mount , only to be at a loss. I just finished the Storm Tracker [finally after watching a video that shows a right turn and not a left turn! ] . According to the email "The perfect spot" , I need all the episodes of Living World Season 4. Ok. Toggle over to My Story and down to Living World Season 4 and all have the yellow/gold achievement and that each has been completed. I did not get ALL of the masteries , but the story parts are completed. I also did all of Gorrick's egg's tasks. What am I missing and how do I figure it out? Where do I look? Thanks in advance. Al

Have you checked with Gorrik?

The perfect spot!I've found an excellent site for our skyskale hatchery in Jahai Bluffs. The heavy lifting has all been managed - the experiment is deployed, and the eggs are safe - but there's > still more to do. Come to Sun's Refuge, and I'll give you a more thorough briefing.

The last part is crafting the saddle.