Do you think GW2 gets enough instanced group content?

If we are talking about Fractals and Raids then the answer is obviously no because we haven't gotten any of those in ages. Now if you include Strike Missions then we are getting some instanced group content. Is it enough? Maybe? When we have all the Strike Missions and we can see how many are good and how many are bad then we can decide I guess.

I think we don't need more different instanced content. Raids, fractals, dungeons and strike missions. It's enough, but it would be nice if we had more of these: new fractals, another raid, more strike missions. Repeating the same content gets boring if there are no changes or "fresh water". That's why we want more fractals and raids.

We have enough raids already. We have enough fractals on the difficult end already. We have more than enough of 10-man instanced content as it is. What the game needs is the midcore 5-man content. The niche that was once filled by dungeons.So, basically, we need more dungeons (since there's no point in creating completely new instance types for something we already have a name for)

@Astralporing.1957 said:We have enough raids already. We have enough fractals on the difficult end already. We have more than enough of 10-man instanced content as it is. What the game needs is the midcore 5-man content. The niche that was once filled by dungeons.So, basically, we need more dungeons (since there's no point in creating completely new instance types for something we already have a name for)

There are 2 cm fractals. The last one was added before pof, almost 3 years ago. All the recent fractals fall into the midcore release.What is the difference between a t2 fractal and a dungeon?All raids can be cleared in one evening by quite casual guilds. I would not call that enough or plentifull with the weekly lockout.

@"Astralporing.1957" said:We have enough raids already. We have enough fractals on the difficult end already. We have more than enough of 10-man instanced content as it is. What the game needs is the midcore 5-man content. The niche that was once filled by dungeons.So, basically, we need more dungeons (since there's no point in creating completely new instance types for something we already have a name for)

Actually at this moment in time (and especially game's balance) i must disagree. I think 5 man content is pretty cancerous atm.Reason for it being "meta or gtfo" attitude. In 10 man group there is wiggle room for offmeta, yet still meaninful party members contributing in their own way (like a herald for example). In 5 man group it's firebrand, renegade, bannerslave warr, druid and maybe one free slot for dps...

@"Astralporing.1957" said:We have enough raids already. We have enough fractals on the difficult end already. We have more than enough of 10-man instanced content as it is. What the game needs is the midcore 5-man content. The niche that was once filled by dungeons.So, basically, we need more dungeons (since there's no point in creating completely new instance types for something we already have a name for)

So we have enough raids (7) but not enough 5 men midcore content (9 dungeons and fractals t1-3)? I dont know why but with my math no matter how you look at it we have way less raids than "midcore 5 men content".

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Actually at this moment in time (and especially game's balance) i must disagree. I think 5 man content is pretty cancerous atm.Reason for it being "meta or gtfo" attitude. In 10 man group there is wiggle room for offmeta, yet still meaninful party members contributing in their own way (like a herald for example). In 5 man group it's firebrand, renegade, bannerslave warr, druid and maybe one free slot for dps...That's why i said "midcore", not "hardcore".I mean, there were people that were going "meta or gtfo" in dungeons in their golden days, but they were a minority (albeit a very visible one). "All casual" lfg groups filled up almost instantly, and generally had no problem clearing any dungeons even when none of the group members had any idea what all this "meta" stuff was all about. And
that's
the type of instanced content that is needed now. Not some "stairs to raid content" noone is even interested in (because you either are already raiding or planning to raid and need no stairs, or you are not interested in going there in the first place), but rather a content that can stand on its own.

@"sokeenoppa.5384" said:So we have enough raids (7) but not enough 5 men midcore content (9 dungeons and fractals t1-3)? I dont know why but with my math no matter how you look at it we have way less raids than "midcore 5 men content".

Sure, but we never had a lot of players interested in that hardcore content. Do not try to compare the absolute numbers of instances as if both groups were of similar size. Not to mention, remember, that in the same time we've got all those 7 raid wings, we've got zero new dungeons.

I understand, that raiders might want a new toy, preferably by yesterday, but that's not what the game needs now.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:We have enough raids already. We have enough fractals on the difficult end already. We have more than enough of 10-man instanced content as it is. What the game needs is the midcore 5-man content. The niche that was once filled by dungeons.So, basically, we need more dungeons (since there's no point in creating completely new instance types for something we already have a name for)

Actually at this moment in time (and especially game's balance) i must disagree. I think 5 man content is pretty cancerous atm.Reason for it being "meta or gtfo" attitude. In 10 man group there is wiggle room for offmeta, yet still meaninful party members contributing in their own way (like a herald for example). In 5 man group it's firebrand, renegade, bannerslave warr, druid and maybe one free slot for dps...That's why i said "midcore", not "hardcore".I mean, there were people that were going "meta or gtfo" in dungeons in their golden days, but they were a minority (albeit a very visible one). "All casual" lfg groups filled up almost instantly, and generally had no problem clearing any dungeons even when none of the group members had any idea what all this "meta" stuff was all about. And
that's
the type of instanced content that is needed now. Not some "stairs to raid content" noone is even interested in (because you either are already raiding or planning to raid and need no stairs, or you are not interested in going there in the first place), but rather a content that can stand on its own.

@"sokeenoppa.5384" said:So we have enough raids (7) but not enough 5 men midcore content (9 dungeons and fractals t1-3)? I dont know why but with my math no matter how you look at it we have way less raids than "midcore 5 men content".

Sure, but we never had a lot of players interested in that hardcore content. Do not try to compare the absolute numbers of instances as if both groups were of similar size. Not to mention, remember, that in the same time we've got all those 7 raid wings, we've got
zero
new dungeons.

I understand, that raiders might want a new toy, preferably by yesterday, but that's not what the game needs now.

Sure as long as those dungeons are in same lvl as arah or aetherblade.

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:2018 and 2019 only had 1 raid and 1 fractal released each year. 2020 is looking to have only 1 fractal and no raids.

When you put it like it that it makes it look like the game is dying :(

Or that Anet is realizing their raid implementation is alienating a significant enough portion of the playerbase to have a negative impact on revenues. Can think of lots of reasons ... but some make more sense than others.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:2018 and 2019 only had 1 raid and 1 fractal released each year. 2020 is looking to have only 1 fractal and no raids.

Or that Anet is realizing their raid implementation is alienating a significant enough portion of the playerbase to have a negative impact on revenues. Can think of lots of reasons ... but some make more sense than others.

Anet's giving them tools, and the player base itself is doing a damned good job at it.

None of these pepegasuses who complain is free of guilt.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Anet's giving them tools, and the player base itself is doing a damned good job at it.

I honestly have no clue what your point is.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"Shadowmoon.7986" said:2018 and 2019 only had 1 raid and 1 fractal released each year. 2020 is looking to have only 1 fractal and no raids.

I honestly have no clue what your point is.

See, you at least said/asked "I have no idea-".

if only some of these people could do the same, and ask before ragequitting "hard" content, etc. There's a certain self-fulfilling prophecy at work here.

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

Though the more rational explanation is that raiding and fractals were never money-makers for Anet and they put their money and manpower in places that were.

@Raknar.4735 said:

@"Shadowmoon.7986" said:2018 and 2019 only had 1 raid and 1 fractal released each year. 2020 is looking to have only 1 fractal and no raids.

Though the more rational explanation is that raiding and fractals were never money-makers for Anet and they put their money and manpower in places that were.

Which is why quarterly revenue plummeted by 25% in Q4 2019, to the lowest it's ever been since launch, after they shifted focus to casual LW/Saga only content rather than investing into expansions and repeatable endgame features, with hardcore players jumping ship en masse?

Isn't that the quarter that released Build Templates, a system that was targeted at "hardcore" players? I doubt the casual playerbase would buy them en masse.

With how insultingly overpriced they are (asking HC players to spend hundreds to thousands of Euros/Dollars to maintain their Arc build library), while lacking vital functionality, like actually being templates you save and load, neither did the already due to lack of content leaving Hardcore playerbase.

It's in a sense a hardcore feature entirely catered to casuals, who maybe fork over 10-50 euros/dollars for a few slots on some of their characters, not understanding how terrible the value proposition is and having no comparison to superior and free features as what Arc was, or GW1 and other games natively had.The system is completely unusable for those of us who has 20 builds for most professions/characters, playing all the gamemodes in a hc capacity.It's just not affordable.

@Asum.4960 said:

Which is why quarterly revenue plummeted by 25% in Q4 2019, to the lowest it's ever been since launch, after they shifted focus to casual LW/Saga only content rather than investing into expansions and repeatable endgame features, with hardcore players jumping ship en masse?

Isn't that the quarter that released Build Templates, a system that was targeted at "hardcore" players? I doubt the casual playerbase would buy them en masse.

With how insultingly overpriced they are (asking HC players to spend hundreds to thousands of Euros/Dollars to maintain their Arc build library), while lacking vital functionality, like actually being templates you save and load, neither did the already due to lack of content leaving Hardcore playerbase.

No wonder the revenues plumetted. The "hardcore" playerbase didn't buy templates and the casual playerbase didn't care about them. Besides the templates there was nothing really interesting offered in the gemstore, so there was no reason to spend money that quarter. I guess developing the templates wasn't really worth it in the end.

@Raknar.4735 said:

No wonder the revenues plumetted. The "hardcore" playerbase didn't buy templates and the casual playerbase didn't care about them. Besides the templates there was nothing really interesting offered in the gemstore, so there was no reason to spend money that quarter. I guess developing the templates wasn't really worth it in the end.

Other than that the Gemstore kept marching on as usual with Outfits, Mountskins, weapon skins and such though, it's just a good chunk of the players usually buying them isn't around anymore after these missteps (lack of HC content, "template" fisaco etc.).

The real casualty of Anet's templates was the far superior Arc Templates being forced out. So that was definitely not worth it.I know most people would have been fine paying for a native always up to date version by Anet, but they just completely dropped the ball both on design and even more so on monetization.They tried to milk HC players so hard with the feature, many of them just got up and left.

@Asum.4960 said:

Other than that the Gemstore kept marching on as usual with Outfits, Mountskins, weapon skins and such though, it's just a good chunk of the players usually buying them isn't around anymore after these missteps (lack of HC content, "template" fisaco etc.).

The real casualty of Anet's templates was the far superior Arc Templates being forced out. So that was definitely not worth it.I know most people would have been fine paying for a native always up to date version by Anet, but they just completely dropped the ball both on design and even more so on monetization.They tried to milk HC players so hard with the feature, many of them just got up and left.

Yeah, just the usual stuff. Some RNG gated BLTC items. Nothing exciting for the casual playerbase to buy, so no reason to buy anything at all, just same old same old, some sales here and there of things they already have. Templates obviously haven't hit the mark like Anet wanted.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Icebrood Saga felt the perfect place to bring in some EOTN dungeons. I know there was no expectation they would, but given the locations are already there, it seemed at least appropriateDarkrime Delves for example. Did I miss why mounts can't be used there? I can't help thinking they meant to do more with that.

Yes, they disabled mounts to reduce the clutter around what you see there as part of the story step since it is in the shared world. They felt having a load of people on mounts was somewhat immersion breaking given it was meant invoke a feeling of solemnity and sorrow, but obviously not a big enough step to instance it.

It does feel like a missed opp everytime we see a dungeon like Darkrime just closed off with nothing more than a poi to mark it. It's been that way since core so it isn't unexpected, just feels like so much more could have been done