Balance Patch Preview - WvW

Cal Cohen.2358

@Virtuality.8351 said:

Instant Skills and Passive Traits

We’ve also done a pass on traits that provide automatic defensive triggers. Traits that negate incoming CC or grant hard damage mitigation are getting large cooldown increases. Lesser defensive procs (protection on cc, auto condition cleanse, etc.) are also receiving longer cooldowns or reduced effectiveness, though not as extreme. We want to promote more active gameplay and this update is a good opportunity to make heavier adjustments to these passive traits.

Why not just remove such traits and design something new instead? No one is going to take a trait that only comes into play every five minutes, and you would end up leaving a lackluster non-choice in each specialization.

They're probably not allowed to replace it without consulting with the PVE part, since if they remove it they also have to remove it for PVE.

Please! Do not change buffing allies or damaging enemies below 10! In WvW we have very large groups to manage on both sides. If a better team has a limitation of players they should not suffer from less people they can hit or heal. Also if you have ever zerged with a few pugs or organized you know that up to 10 but, more importantly, your team is covered for a stunbreak. Sometimes a teamate's stunbreak wont be covered with a low limit and this would require more support which slows the pace or will simply result in lackluster fights. With this change you loose the wiggle room necessary to keep your team up and fighting. Reducing the amount of allies you can cleanse also shares the same effect as an imob in a zerg fight is a stun, a blind is an invuln, and slow cripple and chill may as well be an imob, essentially. Ultimately the more downs that are produced by loosing the ability to allow supports to help the groups will further slow the combat in ways less enjoyable. The switch is already moving to heavy condi but you get rid of how a composition removes condi, condi will reign once more. PLEASE! We have big groups and a minority of support, KEEP big group heals, cleanse and stunbreaks!

WvW is 60 v 60 not 5v5 why reduce target you can support from 10 to 5 when you have such huge numbers?! This was a great choice made in the past and should not be reverted alongside nerfing boons and cleanse. You are creating a very ineffective meta using low power, low heals, low cleanse, low boons, and condi's remain the same. Condi's are not weak enough to leave alone or cleanses and boons need to match or supports need to be able to cover all sides of a raid. Sustain is tied to damage and no change to half the damage and a 30% reduction to the other half of damage does not require a 50-30% response in reduction of healing.

(P.S There are only like 10 support to a group of 60 as opposed to 1 support for 5 in PvP)

@"Cal Cohen.2358" said:Hi Everyone,

Today we’re previewing the upcoming balance update. We’re starting with a bit of process and general thoughts, then following up with a pile of patch notes. Note that this post is identical for the PvP and WvW subforums (minus the changes to PvP build items), but duplicated for the purpose of more easily obtaining mode-specific feedback.

Think this will be my final feedback for the thread…

Let’s watch this match from a Necro PoV and go over a couple things…

GS on Necro is almost useless and the resource mechanics are atrocious for fast-paced movement based combat. Absolutely poor mobility options to help with survival. Niggling with the resources on builds in GW2 are the most annoying designs for combat, especially when second to second decision making matters. Also, I could make a list of weapons on all professions that are almost useless in competitive play and nothing short of functional changes will address that… And it’s things like these that encourage me to bring up solutions to the problems. I’m really glad that the team is finally seriously digging in, and I hope that means making some big reworks and functional changes to things so they are fun and useful…

I know I’m repeating, but…

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/91980/resource-mechanics-need-to-go-and-competitive-gameplay-will-be-better-for-it

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/32525/if-you-want-more-build-diversity-then-we-need-to-work-on-weapons-too

GW2 Path of Fire was released on September 22, 2017, and Ranger daggers still only have a niche use in pve… https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/568/daggers-need-redo-and-backstab.

Roam around in wvw and try getting into fights while using Reaper GS, and any competent player will pick you apart more often than not… hence the thoughts behind these… https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/58958/eye-on-necro-ideas.

Playing melee can suck much of the time, especially when ranged skills can hit super hard and there are a ton of melee weapons devoid of positioning, mobility and gap closers... Hence suggestion like these...https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/56624/warrior-needs-more-ranged-weapon-optionshttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/54848/melee-weapon-improvements-pleasehttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/9819/greatsword-changeshttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/25754/necro-needs-movement-skills-tied-to-weaponshttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/9688/sugg-core-necro-needs-a-melee-weapon"

Thanks and sorry for the spam!

@Cal Cohen.2358 said:

Revenant

Axe OH

• Temporal Rift: Reduced power coefficient from 0.75 to 0.01. Adjusted torment from 2 stacks for 12 seconds to 1 stack for 1 second

Now i wanna say something to that. You know there are people playing condi revs.Besides an axe ,condi revs have no real choice for an offhandweapon (shield is never gonna be used). So Axe is the only choice here.

Axe 4 is useful but nothing really for condidamage.And axe 5, the only skill that can be really used for condi classes ,gets flushed down the toilet?

Removal of confusion + 2stacks of torment(12secs) gets reduced to 1stack(1sec)?An condition damage-wise reduction of over 95%? Is it really necessary to kill the only condi-offhand weapon ,no... the only offhand SKILL we have?

The Patch note says they want players to sequence their skills around Might and vulnerability stacks. later states they are reducing number of stacks of might. There is way to much contradiction in this posting . Does anyone know if NPC's are going to get the same cuts to their builds or are they just going to be harder to kill now ? vets , supervisors, lords, ect

@Swagger.1459 said:

Today we’re previewing the upcoming balance update. We’re starting with a bit of process and general thoughts, then following up with a pile of patch notes. Note that this post is identical for the PvP and WvW subforums (minus the changes to PvP build items), but duplicated for the purpose of more easily obtaining mode-specific feedback.

GS on Necro is almost useless and the resource mechanics are atrocious for fast-paced movement based combat. Absolutely poor mobility options to help with survival. Niggling with the resources on builds in GW2 are the most annoying designs for combat, especially when second to second decision making matters. Also, I could make a list of weapons on all professions that are almost useless in competitive play and nothing short of functional changes will address that… And it’s things like these that encourage me to bring up solutions to the problems. I’m really glad that the team is finally seriously digging in, and I hope that means making some big reworks and functional changes to things so they are fun and useful…

GW2 Path of Fire was released on September 22, 2017, and Ranger daggers still only have a niche use in pve…

Roam around in wvw and try getting into fights while using Reaper GS, and any competent player will pick you apart more often than not… hence the thoughts behind these…

Playing melee can suck much of the time, especially when ranged skills can hit super hard and there are a ton of melee weapons devoid of positioning, mobility and gap closers... Hence suggestion like these...
"

Thanks and sorry for the spam!Did you post this in the wrong forum?

Thats sPvP, not WvW. Current balance is nowhere near similar.

@Virdo.1540 said:

Revenant

Axe OH
  • Temporal Rift: Reduced power coefficient from 0.75 to 0.01. Adjusted torment from 2 stacks for 12 seconds to 1 stack for 1 second

Now i wanna say something to that. You know there are people playing condi revs.Besides an axe ,condi revs have no real choice for an offhandweapon (shield is never gonna be used). So Axe is the only choice here.

Axe 4 is useful but nothing really for condidamage.And axe 5, the only skill that can be really used for condi classes ,gets flushed down the toilet?

Removal of confusion + 2stacks of torment(12secs) gets reduced to 1stack(1sec)?

Axe can have a little torment, as a treat

An condition damage-wise reduction of over 95%? Is it really necessary to kill the only condi-offhand weapon ,no... the only offhand SKILL we have?

Condirevs lack of weapon choices really is depressing given how condirev is otherwise a a very cool build that I am very fond of. But the fact that mace is the only condi weapon revenant has (and shortbow I guess but it's quite bad with how awkward a lot of the skills are, it's clearly not designed with PvP in mind, has anyone actually tried hitting SB 3 on a moving player (or even a downed player....)).

Give condirev some weapons please.

@Virtuality.8351 said:

Instant Skills and Passive Traits

We’ve also done a pass on traits that provide automatic defensive triggers. Traits that negate incoming CC or grant hard damage mitigation are getting large cooldown increases. Lesser defensive procs (protection on cc, auto condition cleanse, etc.) are also receiving longer cooldowns or reduced effectiveness, though not as extreme. We want to promote more active gameplay and this update is a good opportunity to make heavier adjustments to these passive traits.

Why not just remove such traits and design something new instead? No one is going to take a trait that only comes into play every five minutes, and you would end up leaving a lackluster non-choice in each specialization.

Have to agree there is no skillful play, even in a passive trait, with that kind of cooldown, would better to just remove.

@Virdo.1540 said:

Revenant

Axe OH

Removal of confusion + 2stacks of torment(12secs) gets reduced to 1stack(1sec)?An condition damage-wise
reduction of over 95%
? Is it really necessary to kill the only condi-offhand weapon ,no... the only offhand SKILL we have?

This was done following the same philosophy as other CC skills. This is one of the fewer that inflict damaging conditions, but you can see a similar method was applied to Spike Trap for Ranger. The torment is only kept there to retain its PvE potency since they don't do functionality splits. Yes, it makes the weapon a bit worse for condi Revs, but it's the same story for every class, power or condi. Personally I think the weapon will still be fine because the confusion is kept intact on interrupt and it is in general a powerful skill that synergizes really well with mace.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

Revenant

Axe OH

Removal of confusion + 2stacks of torment(12secs) gets reduced to 1stack(1sec)?An condition damage-wise
reduction of over 95%
? Is it really necessary to kill the only condi-offhand weapon ,no... the only offhand SKILL we have?

This was done following the same philosophy as other CC skills. This is one of the fewer that inflict damaging conditions, but you can see a similar method was applied to Spike Trap for Ranger. The torment is only kept there to retain its PvE potency since they don't do functionality splits. Yes, it makes the weapon a bit worse for condi Revs, but it's the same story for every class, power or condi. Personally I think the weapon will still be fine because the confusion is kept intact on interrupt and it is in general a powerful skill that synergizes really well with mace.

u know the confusion gets removed, ye?Besides the 1sec torment there wont be any damaging conditions on the offhand anymore

@Virdo.1540 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

Revenant

Axe OH

reduction of over 95%

u know the confusion gets removed, ye?Besides the 1sec torment there wont be any damaging conditions on the offhand anymore

Oh, I totally overlooked that. Just now saw it. Sad day.

@BoostedFC.6812 said:Hammer

Autoattack Chain:    Positive Bash: Reduced power coefficient from 0.7 to 0.533. Reduced might duration from 8 seconds to 6 seconds    Negative Bash: Reduced power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.666. Reduced vulnerability duration from 8 seconds to 6 seconds    Equalizing blow: Reduced power coefficient from 1.4 to 0.933. Reduced might and vulnerability durations from 8 seconds to 6 secondsElectro-Whirl: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 1.2 to 0.68. Increased cooldown from 6 seconds to 8 secondsRocket Charge: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 1.1 to 0.74. Increased cooldown from 12 seconds to 18 secondsShock Shield: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.25 to 0.1Thunderclap: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.8 to 0.45. Reduced vulnerability duration from 8 seconds to 6 seconds

I dont really agree with the CD changes on Hammer. Engi already having only 1 weapon should allow for shorter CDs and i know Engis have access to kits but most kits dont have the power most main weapons do. I feel on scrapper i will be running around trying to hit someone with my extremley slow Auto attack alot of the timevery

please, please re-consider the Electro-Whirl and Rocket Charge nerfs, they seem extreme especially considering how scrapper has pretty much no other way of dealing damage as hammer is the only viable weapon. I am never one to complain on forums but i feel even considering other classes nerf this one to be very punishing, furthermore if we consider the boon nerf and how dependent on boons scrapper is.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

GW2 Path of Fire was released on September 22, 2017, and Ranger daggers still only have a niche use in pve…

Roam around in wvw and try getting into fights while using Reaper GS, and any competent player will pick you apart more often than not… hence the thoughts behind these…

Playing melee can suck much of the time, especially when ranged skills can hit super hard and there are a ton of melee weapons devoid of positioning, mobility and gap closers... Hence suggestion like these...
"

Thanks and sorry for the spam!Did you post this in the wrong forum?

Thats sPvP, not WvW. Current balance is nowhere near similar.

No, not wrong section. Same concepts and thoughts apply to both modes, and that video just highlights the issue to make some larger points.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"SnowHawk.3615" said:What a joke.

here's another joke that will continue after the patch(as always, not attacking Thief Profession players but attacking Thief Profession Toxic design)

-no amount of 'nerfing' will fix this profession until it is completely redesigned -

In Fact, the next upcoming patch will force them to use their conditions more

I take it you haven’t actually watched the video...

Lmao..

redesign for thief and mesmer at this point.

@"ilMasa.2546" said:Downloaded the game again: can u drop this "balance" patch?! Id like to get disappointed asap so i can uninstall and do other things. ty

Lol I'm the opposite I'm playing it now and uninstalling when patch hits. This new teams a joke. I coulda went in their and just lazily blanket lowered numbers and then relied on players post to make my decisions for me just as easy as this team. Anet actually pays these people lol.

Thanks for ruining the game, it's for real this time. When you get used to a class and learn it well, ANET just takes a dump on all of your time WASTED learning how to play properly. I wont be coming back after my "break" this time. And to be honest Guild Wars 2 has been dead for about 2 years now. This is the last nail in the coffin. :) I regret buying all your gem cards off E-Bay. I've been playing Escape from Tarkov for the last week, now that's what I call fun :)