Feature request: mutual "/duel" in PvP lobby, and maybe towns/PvE where players are normally allies

Tom Trinity.1804

I think it would be a greatly utilized (and FUN!) feature throughout all GW2 to allow players who are in places where they are normally allies to all other players (possibly in PvP Lobby, or just waiting around in a town, bored, for example, or waiting for a meta event to occur on a living story map, etc) to select another friendly player, and type "/duel" or "/challenge", and if the other player responds by doing the same back (selecting the challenger and typing "/duel") within 20s or so, then those two players would become foes of each other temporarily (still remaining allies to all others in the map), and could duel until one gets downed or possibly a set time elapses.

1. It could automatically end when one of the two gets downed so that it stays friendly and the winner can even res the loser.
  2. Waypointing and leaving the instance would be disabled while in combat, but doesn't necessarily need to be disabled outside of combat (would end the duel early).
  3. "/gg" could be used by either player to end the duel early (forfeit).
  4. It could start out only in PvP Lobby as a beta of sorts (if it is too much dev effort to allow in lots of other maps at first, or if skills need to be PvP versions for that combat).
  5. It could increase interest in the PvP community game-wide and allow way more fun to be introduced into the game for a large portion of players that love a challenge and a contest.
  6. It could eventually be expanded to more than 1v1 if it is a successful feature.

Please add a thumbs up or post a comment or suggestion if you think this would be a desirable/successful feature for the game.

community ia over sensitive in their afking

they dont want ppl to duel around them

ive seem request to mute instruments

pve and pvp skills work different and transfer it over to another instance prolly takes a lot of work for a very small community to use

"oh, but let the skills as they are in pve"

and them 2 secs later you see ppl here class x is broken in pve duel

@"Khalisto.5780" said:community ia over sensitive in their afking

they dont want ppl to duel around them

ive seem request to mute instruments

pve and pvp skills work different and transfer it over to another instance prolly takes a lot of work for a very small community to use

"oh, but let the skills as they are in pve"

and them 2 secs later you see ppl here class x is broken in pve duel

every class is broken in pve duel.i remember getting hit for 8k by necro downed 1 skill.1 tick of drain crit me for 8k damage.I dont see a reason why anyone would duel with pve gear