Official Feedback Thread about Build and Equipment Templates - Page 23 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Official Feedback Thread about Build and Equipment Templates

Comments

• @Awesumness.1823 said:

In my game journeys abroad, I tried Destiny 2. The more I played, the more I came to hate inventory management within Destiny 2 and I nearly quit. But then I found Destiny Item Manager (DIM), a community supported, open source, and officially encouraged (since 2016) tool for letting players move items using a web browser AND it lets users create build templates. The template tools even let the user identify stat goals (I want X vitality, Y toughness) and it will attempt to autofill your gear from your bank to meet those goals. It's essentially like GW2Efficiency + move privileges via API + Arc templates + more. Free. From a browser. Multi monitor and tablet/phone users rejoice!

My god, that sounds awesome!
    I've always thought it would be better if it were actual templates that check for the item in your inventory/bank. If it's not there, it gives a short warning that some items could not be found and will not be loaded. Could be extended to a web based solution with the API like your example. The possibilities!

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Awesumness.1823 said:
    I'd love to just export and import builds via chat links like GW1. Traits+Skills+Gear all in a single link. This shouldn't require further UI code.

How are they going to monetize that?

Or let us use Arc again.

I'd rather have Arenanet shut down all the DPS metres and other external functions.
    I've even read about things as disgusting as programs to check others' gear.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

after long time I feel some bugs
    1) minor - "non remember" revenant legend skill order, especial it fail on when join on pvp

2) and main issue - pvp build non remember/bind weapons. By design logic is should be.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cadaver Material.3162 said:
    This topic has garnished over 1100 replies from the player base

How many of those replies are duplicates? There are only so many ways to tell Anet how displeased players are with the current implementation. ("I hate templates. Bring back ARC") After the first 20-30, I'd probably start ignoring them, too.
    Unfortunately (?), out of the 1100 replies, there were far too few actual constructive posts that probably got lost in the static. I'm sure that Anet understands the tenor of the bulk of the feedback here, but their metrics probably tell a far different tale.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

I agree; however, I don't feel that the repetitiveness of the complaints that had no real constructive value were worth their time to parse. That's all I'm saying.

Very.
    Casual.

• Perhaps the people capable of consuming the feedback have tools to find the most thumbs upped or quoted posts in the thread. :)

And since the thread has been open for ~12 weeks, they've been consuming feedback in chunks so the backlog isn't quite 1000+ posts :)

You vote with your wallet
    2012 - 2017 PoF: deluxe editions of both expansions and $300 in gems
    March 2018 - August 2019: Raiding. $55 per month in gems
    September 2019 - now. $0. Quit. No ArcTemplates or equivalent

• I came back to the game after a few months of absence. Saw these build templates and gear loadouts on the gem store and they were even on sale! So thought I'd check out this shiny new feature and grab myself some slots if it's any good.

Honestly? They're confusing. Not intuitive at all and require far too much switching and clicking around. Found it more frustrating than useful. After fiddling around with it for a good two hours on a ranger and a revenant, I ended up abandoing the whole thing and haven't looked at the feature since. Needless to say, additional loadouts were not bought. Also noticed some bugs (or intended features?) like revenant skills swapping positions and ranger pets not switching out.

I'm not going to address the price or the fact it's not an account-wide unlock. Others already did and I personally don't mind either way. If I like something, I'll pay for it unless the price is truly insane. However, there needs to be a better explanation for this in-game. As a personal preference, I'd like to see something similar to (or exactly like) the build editor website gw2skills.net.

Together we shall speak for the Law and the Land, and shall drive the mongrel dragons of primordial magic from Tyria.

• DirtyDan.4759DirtyDan.4759 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2020

Please add actual templates with a save function. Currently they are loadouts, you even coded them as loadouts. Legendary weapons get stripped of stats and upgrades when put into the inventory, not good. Revenant utility skills order does not get memorized, unfortunate.

@Awesumness.1823 said:

widekittenHappy 💼

widekittenHappy :point_right: :sparkling_heart:

@ewenness.6482 said:

and they were even on sale! So thought I'd check out this shiny new feature and grab myself some slots if it's any good.

They never were on sale.

• Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭

I just want to know if Arenanet is happy with the current implementation of build templates.

• HardRider.2980HardRider.2980 Member ✭✭✭

@kharmin.7683 said:
    I agree; however, I don't feel that the repetitiveness of the complaints that had no real constructive value were worth their time to parse. That's all I'm saying.

Just because some comments offer no real constructive value, doesn't mean people cannot share their dis-taste over things. Not everyone who dislikes something has to have the ability to think of something else or better. This doesn't mean we should ignore them.
    It is up to EAnet to plan these out, know what the player base wants and deliver on it.

A City of Heroes never die... A City of Villains will never surrender... Neither City will be forgotten.

edited January 24, 2020

@Josiah.2967 said:
    I just want to know if Arenanet is happy with the current implementation of build templates.

I think, the better question is whether NCsoft is happy with it and the money it makes.

• @DirtyDan.4759 said:
    They never were on sale.

The build storage is currently half off for me. The build template and equipment template are indeed not on sale.

This is actually another point I wanted to mention. Why are these split into three different unlocks? Needless complication.

@Asum.4960 said:
    Considering it wasn't outlandish for hardcore multi gamemode players to have up to 10-20 builds per profession in Arc (~100-200 builds total), 10$/€, per Build, per character, imo is truly insane.

The system isn't robust enough to support that many builds in the first place, nor does it actually save any builds like Arc did, but even it it did, that's an insane amount of money for a small but essential core game feature.

I would say it's hard to pin down the price of convenience but in its current iteration the feature is not really all that convenient anyway. Essentially all this build template business seems to do is shave down the time spent manually swapping gear and traits. If you ask ten people how much this is worth to them you'll get ten different answers. Possibly more. Now imagine that with thousands of people.

Not saying I like the price but I also understand the realities of free-to-play monetization.

Together we shall speak for the Law and the Land, and shall drive the mongrel dragons of primordial magic from Tyria.

• I got something to whine about here.

It doesn't save setting for weapon sheathing and bagpack visibility between equipment templates.

• @Amon.5042 said:
    Maybe it's finally time to uninstall and move on. I just can't stand this terrible / overly-complicated / milking-the-cow aberration.

Same.

Although I uninstalled it when they released the triple money grab.

Been playing all the games I've skipped over the years.

• Can you please allow us to bind the same key to both a Build Template and an Equipment Template? It'd be great to be able to press a single key to get both Build Template 1 and Equipment Template 1. I don't see the harm in letting them overlap---you can just show a yellow warning instead of the red error, like you already do for lots of options.

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

If you have nothing equipped with the offhand slot, even though you right click and choose the option that is not the offhand, it still puts it in the offhand slot.

• Mikuchan.7261Mikuchan.7261 Member ✭✭✭

Still no response from ANet about the bigger issues, huh.
    That sounds promising...

• Balthzar.3807Balthzar.3807 Member ✭✭✭

so I would like an update please as it seems this was not mentioned in the post by Andrew Gray.

People have done a lot of work and spent quite a bit of time trying to help and work on improving the interface. please show them some respect for their effort by giving us something.

or simply tell us that we are stuck with what we have and we can all go on with out lives

• BadHealer.3608BadHealer.3608 Member ✭✭✭

@phokus.8934 said:
    Works fine and well but without a “how to” it can be confusing to those who can’t figure things out on their own.

Yeah, you really neede a manual to know where the sigils will dropping if you are changing the mode. Or how to you know whta will be used on what mode. Or when you start using the "saved" mouseclicks, since you already use soo much more.

• Ahi.9673Ahi.9673 Member ✭✭

@Lottie.5370 said:
    I don't mind having to pay for additional slots, but why are they limited to such a small amount? I feel like build templates (the utilities/traits) should be unlimited :/

This. why only 6? I don't mind paying, just let me unlock more

• IndigoSundown.5419IndigoSundown.5419 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2020

@Ahi.9673 said:

@Lottie.5370 said:
    I don't mind having to pay for additional slots, but why are they limited to such a small amount? I feel like build templates (the utilities/traits) should be unlimited :/

This. why only 6? I don't mind paying, just let me unlock more

At a guess, this aspect of the load-out system is as it is so that ANet can release a few more every time they want an infusion of cash. They did the same thing with shared inventory slots. If they made it unlimited right off, they'd get some more revenue right away, but: that revenue would be reduced a bit by players looking at how expensive it is to get as many as they want; and the next time revenue needs a shot in the arm, ANet doesn't have a convenience item go-to.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. -- Santayana

• since the new loadout came out, I stopped playing wvw, and other 15ish builds. Currently headed for 1 button spam builds like DD, scrapper, reaper. Content is still beatable but unfun for me. Need to find new longterm game. What do you guys suggest ? challenging any other mmorpgs ? "If yOu HaTe sO mUcH, ThEn DonT PlAy" said some genius.

@Balthzar.3807 said:
    so I would like an update please as it seems this was not mentioned in the post by Andrew Gray.

People have done a lot of work and spent quite a bit of time trying to help and work on improving the interface. please show them some respect for their effort by giving us something.

or simply tell us that we are stuck with what we have and we can all go on with out lives

Andrew is the content design lead so templates probably don't fall within his area. I agree that it would be nice to hear something back from Anet, but dropping this on Andrew's shoulders is probably not the right place for it.

Very.
    Casual.

• @amnessa.6154 said:
    since the new loadout came out, I stopped playing wvw, and other 15ish builds. Currently headed for 1 button spam builds like DD, scrapper, reaper. Content is still beatable but unfun for me. Need to find new longterm game. What do you guys suggest ? challenging any other mmorpgs ? "If yOu HaTe sO mUcH, ThEn DonT PlAy" said some genius.

I'm also out of gw2 "for the moment" and currently having fun with ESO. It's a good game for both a casual and a challenging player. As a middle of both playstyles player I find ESO very well made in terms of playing it like a single player sandbox game but you can currently do dungeons with people and trial(raids). And if you have a friend to play with is incredible addictive. If you still havent play it give it a try.

• Balthzar.3807Balthzar.3807 Member ✭✭✭

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Balthzar.3807 said:

Andrew is the content design lead so templates probably don't fall within his area. I agree that it would be nice to hear something back from Anet, but dropping this on Andrew's shoulders is probably not the right place for it.

wasn't dropping it on his shoulders but since he was addressing a lot of other issues it would have been nice.

• MoXAriApph.3650MoXAriApph.3650 Member ✭✭
    edited February 13, 2020

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:
    I have another update for you on what we're working on for Build and Equipment Templates. As mentioned in a previous post, one thing we've been working on is a way to give you all greater flexibility when making experimental changes to templates. That's almost ready, and a Revert button for changes to templates will be shipping with the February 25 build. This feature will work a bit like a restore point: Clicking it will return everything back to the way it was when you first loaded up a build.

Is there any update on fixing the numerous issues with Revenant or the other bullet point from the post?

Edit:
    Also with this implementation, can we expect there to be a toggle set up in settings so that when you swap templates, the one with "Revert" will Revert automatically?

• Nebilim.5127Nebilim.5127 Member ✭✭✭

I have another update for you on what we're working on for Build and Equipment Templates. As mentioned in a previous post, one thing we've been working on is a way to give you all greater flexibility when making experimental changes to templates. That's almost ready, and a Revert button for changes to templates will be shipping with the February 25 build. This feature will work a bit like a restore point: Clicking it will return everything back to the way it was when you first loaded up a build.

I'm extremely confused about this change. How does reverting the load out put us back to anything when to make any changes to equipment, we need to change the load out in the first place? or will the revert tab be its own thing where we can always revert to it?

• revenant please

• Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭

@Cronos.6532 said:
    Put 'em on sale and make Build Template Tabs + Equipment Template Tabs account-wide like Build Template Stoarge!

This is why their revenue was down. I would have bought account bound ones.

• UnDeadFun.5824UnDeadFun.5824 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2020

Thank you for letting us know Templates are still being worked on. However, there are many other suggestions and complaints in this feedback thread. Would it be possible for someone to list the other things that are being worked on with templates if anything else at all?

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

Storing Equipment Templates would be pretty great. Charging for build storage is insulting the way it is.

Swapping any weapons on a build is anything but quick if it is on another template. Opening Hero panel and finding equipment is a mess compared to opening inventory and double clicking.

• Dediggefedde.4961Dediggefedde.4961 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2020

Thanks! that is neat for quick deviations, for example taking movement skills/traits and quickly reverting when a fight comes close.
    I guess one can override the reset-point by copying and pasting the same build? That would work similarly then as restore points in operating systems.

What would be really nice would be a "shared inventory"+"equipment template" combination. Even with legendary armor and multiple sets of trinkets, moving everything to another character is still a pain...

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:
    I guess one can override the reset-point by copying and pasting the same build? That would work similarly then as restore points in operating systems.

If the current quality of the loadouts continues, there won't be any save points.
    That new button will most like work like the revert button in text writing programs.

• @Fueki.4753 said:

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:

If the current quality of the loadouts continues, there won't be any save points.
    That new button will most like work like the revert button in text writing programs.

Well, there are different types of text editors. ^^

This feature will work a bit like a restore point: Clicking it will return everything back to the way it was when you first loaded up a build.

So, by loading up the current build again (expert + import), you basically create a new restore point (to use their jargon).

would be interesting to know what is the "restore point" when you make the build by scratch, or if "loading up" also happens when logging in/switching maps/switching modes. ^^