Your opinion of Whisper of Jormag strike mission?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@zealex.9410 said:Maybe anet should let the idea of strikes being the preparation for raids go and just focus on giving flexible group content for lw updates (group versions of story bosses)?

If you want ppl to try raids you can always have normal raids be easier. Tho ofc, a new player is very likely to get to 80, do lw, do the strike and then start getting into raids. I personally think we could have cm strikes between strikes and raids to further immerse ppl into instanced pve content.

I think they will end up replacing the future raids with strikes. Easier to release bosses 1 by 1 than to do an entire wing wing with 3-4 bosses connected in the same map. No need to design a big map, just the entrance, 1 platform with 1 boss. No need to create new lore for raids, just pick the same as LS and put a strike.

If they wanted to make it easier for pugs, they could give a 3 second grace period to CC before the ticking damage kicks in.

Dodging the ice crystal seems hit or miss. Sometimes I can dodge it with no issues and other times I can dodge it at the same time as before but take damage. Maybe a desyncing issue.

They also need to fix the issue with the boss disappearing during its transformation at 25% and thus stalling the fight.

My biggest problem with the fight is at the 25% when the boss summons the snowballs it gets really really hard to see the chains. That and the bugs, like dodging the crystal being hit or miss and player hit points disappearing on the squad panel (they are also un-targetable) and it's impossible to know if they are low on health/need healing or not. I think that happens at the phase where the boss summons your illusion, sometimes it bugs out and you do not properly "return to normal".

The mechanics are easy to learn. Don't overlap red AoE - spread out. Everyone run into the green AoE. When blizzard starts, use your Valor/Vigilance/whatever laser. Chained people get closer to boss, unchained move back, ect.

My issue is the build and DPS element. Even if I choose an ideal build, getting a 10 person pug to also have builds supporting that just seems impossible. And getting max DPS requires ascended gear and trinkets, which I--and many people uninterested in gear grind--simply don't have. So, I find myself in situations where everyone in the pug knows the mechanics, dodges and responds beautifully, but still cannot kill the boss within the time limit because the DPS just can't get there.

@Weindrasi.3805 said:

@"xDudisx.5914" said:The new strikes are getting too hard for the avg pug to do running public mode. I predict it will be dead after 1-2 months after everyone has gotten the achievements.

It's already near-dead. I can find maybe 1 group every 2 hours.

I have reverse experience. Then again i do have commander tag. I tag up, go into squad room, open lfg and before i even manage to get cozy (expecting a wait) i literally got a group of 9 before i could even change lfg to "2 healers" or something like that...

And we cleared it easy, while i was playing my herald condi support, so most certainly not 30k dmg, closer to 10. Public rooms can be hard yes. You need that commander to manage subgroups proper (like putting squishies with scourge in one group, or telling some ppl that we got too many/too few healers and balance how many ppl do what).

Ascended gear is just a myth. I had clears that had like 3 minutes left to time out. If not more. 5% dps difference would not change the fact it would get cleared on time.

@Weindrasi.3805 said:

@xDudisx.5914 said:The new strikes are getting too hard for the avg pug to do running public mode. I predict it will be dead after 1-2 months after everyone has gotten the achievements.

It's already near-dead. I can find maybe 1 group every 2 hours.

It went faster than my predictions. I guess is because this Strike Mission is harder than the previous ones. The closer they get Strike Missions to raids, the less popular they seem to become.

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:Has anyone gotten gold? It feel like that dps check is unattainable. It might need to be extended by 1.5 mins. It feels like the original timer for gold haywire punch o matic battle adventure, not possible for even the fastest of runners.

Getting gold is easy with at least 4 decent dps players. Most of the runs i've seen have at least 3 3k dps guys thats why it seems impossible.

Trying to get achie (I dont have any organized group since I dont do raids nor fractals) and the biggest problem are chains, trying to explain it to ppl but they are still running into it, or running with it over others. Second hardest thing is to get decent players there :D

@"xDudisx.5914" said:

It went faster than my predictions. I guess is because this Strike Mission is harder than the previous ones. The closer they get Strike Missions to raids, the less popular they seem to become.

No. If difficulty is to blame, then bugged Boneskinner is the one to take blame here, not Whisper of Jormag. I can imagine many ppl have no idea it's bugged, go in, get recked in moments and leave traumatized going "fuck this, i'm out. I don't even wanna know how raids look like if this is warm-up content.."

But that disaster aside, the permanent (for now) culprit are the rewards. Strikes should have meaningful and valuable rewards, matching their difficulty and effort required to clear them. A-net dropped the ball here (as they are aware of and said they are working on it). But just to be sure i'm clear, here's a list of what's wrong with Whisper of Jormag rewards wise:

1. Basic rewards aren't superior to standard map loot You get 3 essence chests - one small, one medium, one large. I can fly around map in the same time I do a Whisper run and also collect 3 chests, but all of them large...
  2. Crappy rewards for gold and silver clears - i got a silver clear y-day. Slightly more exp, one yellow (rare). That's about it..
  3. Strike unique skins - these are botched twofold.
    • First - they aren't good enough. Look at Boneskinner's Rib (strike reward), vs the Prize of the Boneskinner backpack that is a LS achi reward.
    • Second - their acquisition is all over the place. Why am i getting icebrood construct helmet from Whisper strike mission? These are supposed to be trophies and offer bragging rights. And here i'm getting a skin from a strike i may not have cleared at all, while not being able to get any skin that represents the strike i am clearing daily (whisper).

Rewards need to be adequate to the challenge, provide justified bragging rights and also gold opportunities (like Gorseval infusion for example). Most epic and fun boss can get abandoned after a month or so, if you get 2 blues and a green from it with nothing significant on the table.

If you want an organised team for strike missions, it's gonna feel easy to complete after you know what you need to win.If you're a pug just looking for a group, be prepared for a good chance at failure. As far as this is concerned, the difficulty is rather high for those just looking to get the strike mission done from the LFG.

@Valandil Dragonhart.2371 said:If you want an organised team for strike missions, it's gonna feel easy to complete after you know what you need to win.If you're a pug just looking for a group, be prepared for a good chance at failure. As far as this is concerned, the difficulty is rather high for those just looking to get the strike mission done from the LFG.

I don't know how things are over at american servers but when i do a run (tag up, make squad and get players from LFG) it's around 70% success. Disasters happen in public room when there is no commander. It's mostly about there being a need for someone to make sure you have 2 healers in your squad and things generally stay balaced (no 8 healers with 2 dps, or 10 dps without any heal)

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

@Valandil Dragonhart.2371 said:If you want an organised team for strike missions, it's gonna feel easy to complete after you know what you need to win.If you're a pug just looking for a group, be prepared for a good chance at failure. As far as this is concerned, the difficulty is rather high for those just looking to get the strike mission done from the LFG.

I don't know how things are over at american servers but when i do a run (tag up, make squad and get players from LFG) it's around 70% success. Disasters happen in public room when there is no commander. It's mostly about there being a need for someone to make sure you have 2 healers in your squad and things generally stay balaced (no 8 healers with 2 dps, or 10 dps without any heal)

Ive seen one group in the last 5 hours for strikes,. Granted i havent been checking more than 3-4 times an hour, but they seem dead. Ive given up on completing the whisper of jormag one entirely. the DPS check alone downs the only group of players im pretty much able to do it with due to the times i can play.

This one strike boss is harder than ever boss ive done in raids. They wanted a slow ramp up in difficulty(their qoute) and this leap is anything but slow.

@Dante.1763 said:

Ive seen one group in the last 5 hours for strikes,. Granted i havent been checking more than 3-4 times an hour, but they seem dead. Ive given up on completing the whisper of jormag one entirely. the DPS check alone downs the only group of players im pretty much able to do it with due to the times i can play.

This one strike boss is harder than ever boss ive done in raids. They wanted a slow ramp up in difficulty(their qoute) and this leap is anything but slow.

How many people do you think are like you who are waiting for a group to appear rather than create their own?

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Would like to join your group then :D true I wasnt playing at EU primetime, but so far I have after me like 4 hours of wiping in lfg pug groups

@Rockal.5468 said:

@"Valandil Dragonhart.2371" said:If you want an organised team for strike missions, it's gonna feel easy to complete after you know what you need to win.If you're a pug just looking for a group, be prepared for a good chance at failure. As far as this is concerned, the difficulty is rather high for those just looking to get the strike mission done from the LFG.

Would like to join your group then :D true I wasnt playing at EU primetime, but so far I have after me like 4 hours of wiping in lfg pug groups

Sure, just add the nick you see here, or if it's ingame nick you need, then add "Revirez"

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@Marxx.5021 said:It easier to get into a raid than into a strike mission (except the first) for a non raider. It is unplayable content for a casual PvE player.

Well this is just a lie. How are strikes unplayable content for casual PVE players?

I have monitored LFG over the weekend. There was no group that accepted player without exp.

@Marxx.5021 said:

@Marxx.5021 said:It easier to get into a raid than into a strike mission (except the first) for a non raider. It is unplayable content for a casual PvE player.

Well this is just a lie. How are strikes unplayable content for casual PVE players?

I have monitored LFG over the weekend. There was no group,
when I was looking
, that accepted player without exp.

Fixed it for you.