What GW2 is missing compare to GW1: Too Few Armor Set - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

What GW2 is missing compare to GW1: Too Few Armor Set

2

Comments

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2020

    My Necromancer might look odd wearing corsets and frills and lacing.
    But, of course, each to their own. (Remember, the suggestion is that Profession-style armor can be worn by all Professions in that weight class [if not all Professions regardless of weight class...that's not clear].)

  • Arkantos.7460Arkantos.7460 Member ✭✭✭✭

    thousands of buttcapes ....

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Slowpokeking.8720 said:
    Not really if you ask many ppl. They want more class specific armor.

    Citation needed for those "many people" and what they want.

  • Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

    @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    Does it have fewer? If you compare the 2, each profession in Guild Wars has around 35 armor sets it can use, give or take a couple, and many are elaborations of lower tiers, for example the assassin armor with increasing number of spikes on the armor with higher tiers. Guild Wars 2 has 66 or 67 each armor weight can use (74 minus 12 cultural armors from other races and one extra heavy armor, the Mistward, plus 4 karma armors)

    [Guild Wars 2: List of armor sets]
    [Example of Guild Wars armor sets: the Assassin]

    So comparing the 2, maybe GW2 doesn’t have the profession specific armors but they have a good selection compared to the other game plus they have the wardrobe to store them in.

    @maddoctor.2738 said:
    I think you shouldn't calculate complete sets, but rather the number of skins available because there are many armor sets not counted by the wiki. Corsair armor, Mist shard, Blossoming Mist Shard, Elegy and so on. Maybe because you acquire the different pieces from different areas, or maybe because the wiki list hasn't been updated in some time.

    There are 2,117 armor skins in GW2
    588 Helmets
    345 Shoulders
    274 Coats
    347 Gloves
    261 Leggings
    284 Boots
    264 Back pieces
    There are also 95 outfits

    Removing 12 of the Racial armor sets (keep 3 to apply them to all races) and the Mistward armor, which is only heavy, this leads to 248 unique leggings (sets?) of 3 weights. Multiply by 3 (Humanoid, Asura, Charr) because skins unlock for all races at once, and you get a total of 744 + 12 + 1 = 754 armor skins unique to Race + Weight

    Still GW1 has a better armor style.

    That is completely subjective, and many of the arnors in GW1 were very similar within each group. And even if some are better, being able to mix and match among more pieces that are more varied means that a unique look can be made by each person. Mixing and matching among the Assassin armors for example doesn’t give near the variation and choice that GW2 offers for any armor weight.

    While true in theory, I don't think this holds as true as you seem to think. While there is room for mix and match, some armours just look plain awkward when not worn as a set. For example, different textures on different armours often cause dyes to take on different hues, rendering many combinations jarring depending on your graphics settings (unless you use permafrost or shadow abyss).

    And, while it may be subjective, I think I did prefer gw1 ranger armours and hairstyles compared to GW2 (krytan excluded).

  • Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2020

    @Westenev.5289 said:

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

    @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    Does it have fewer? If you compare the 2, each profession in Guild Wars has around 35 armor sets it can use, give or take a couple, and many are elaborations of lower tiers, for example the assassin armor with increasing number of spikes on the armor with higher tiers. Guild Wars 2 has 66 or 67 each armor weight can use (74 minus 12 cultural armors from other races and one extra heavy armor, the Mistward, plus 4 karma armors)

    [Guild Wars 2: List of armor sets]
    [Example of Guild Wars armor sets: the Assassin]

    So comparing the 2, maybe GW2 doesn’t have the profession specific armors but they have a good selection compared to the other game plus they have the wardrobe to store them in.

    @maddoctor.2738 said:
    I think you shouldn't calculate complete sets, but rather the number of skins available because there are many armor sets not counted by the wiki. Corsair armor, Mist shard, Blossoming Mist Shard, Elegy and so on. Maybe because you acquire the different pieces from different areas, or maybe because the wiki list hasn't been updated in some time.

    There are 2,117 armor skins in GW2
    588 Helmets
    345 Shoulders
    274 Coats
    347 Gloves
    261 Leggings
    284 Boots
    264 Back pieces
    There are also 95 outfits

    Removing 12 of the Racial armor sets (keep 3 to apply them to all races) and the Mistward armor, which is only heavy, this leads to 248 unique leggings (sets?) of 3 weights. Multiply by 3 (Humanoid, Asura, Charr) because skins unlock for all races at once, and you get a total of 744 + 12 + 1 = 754 armor skins unique to Race + Weight

    Still GW1 has a better armor style.

    That is completely subjective, and many of the arnors in GW1 were very similar within each group. And even if some are better, being able to mix and match among more pieces that are more varied means that a unique look can be made by each person. Mixing and matching among the Assassin armors for example doesn’t give near the variation and choice that GW2 offers for any armor weight.

    While true in theory, I don't think this holds as true as you seem to think. While there is room for mix and match, some armours just look plain awkward when not worn as a set. For example, different textures on different armours often cause dyes to take on different hues, rendering many combinations jarring depending on your graphics settings (unless you use permafrost or shadow abyss).

    And, while it may be subjective, I think I did prefer gw1 ranger armours and hairstyles compared to GW2 (krytan excluded).

    Not to go too far off-topic, but color balancing based on material/specific pieces is part of any art project. You simply can't use exactly the same dyes/mixtures and get exactly the same colors on differently-textured materials.

    I, for one, am happy GW2 doesn't force them into uniformity (like GW1 did). It gives the individual pieces depth and character. Needing to use a slightly different shade of red (for example) is a small price to pay for that. (That's why GW2 has hundreds of dyes instead of just 11, btw.)

    If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

  • Frostfang.5109Frostfang.5109 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2020

    3 cultural armours per weight class. Disapointed. I Main charr.

  • Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Trise.2865 said:

    @Westenev.5289 said:

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

    @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    Does it have fewer? If you compare the 2, each profession in Guild Wars has around 35 armor sets it can use, give or take a couple, and many are elaborations of lower tiers, for example the assassin armor with increasing number of spikes on the armor with higher tiers. Guild Wars 2 has 66 or 67 each armor weight can use (74 minus 12 cultural armors from other races and one extra heavy armor, the Mistward, plus 4 karma armors)

    [Guild Wars 2: List of armor sets]
    [Example of Guild Wars armor sets: the Assassin]

    So comparing the 2, maybe GW2 doesn’t have the profession specific armors but they have a good selection compared to the other game plus they have the wardrobe to store them in.

    @maddoctor.2738 said:
    I think you shouldn't calculate complete sets, but rather the number of skins available because there are many armor sets not counted by the wiki. Corsair armor, Mist shard, Blossoming Mist Shard, Elegy and so on. Maybe because you acquire the different pieces from different areas, or maybe because the wiki list hasn't been updated in some time.

    There are 2,117 armor skins in GW2
    588 Helmets
    345 Shoulders
    274 Coats
    347 Gloves
    261 Leggings
    284 Boots
    264 Back pieces
    There are also 95 outfits

    Removing 12 of the Racial armor sets (keep 3 to apply them to all races) and the Mistward armor, which is only heavy, this leads to 248 unique leggings (sets?) of 3 weights. Multiply by 3 (Humanoid, Asura, Charr) because skins unlock for all races at once, and you get a total of 744 + 12 + 1 = 754 armor skins unique to Race + Weight

    Still GW1 has a better armor style.

    That is completely subjective, and many of the arnors in GW1 were very similar within each group. And even if some are better, being able to mix and match among more pieces that are more varied means that a unique look can be made by each person. Mixing and matching among the Assassin armors for example doesn’t give near the variation and choice that GW2 offers for any armor weight.

    While true in theory, I don't think this holds as true as you seem to think. While there is room for mix and match, some armours just look plain awkward when not worn as a set. For example, different textures on different armours often cause dyes to take on different hues, rendering many combinations jarring depending on your graphics settings (unless you use permafrost or shadow abyss).

    And, while it may be subjective, I think I did prefer gw1 ranger armours and hairstyles compared to GW2 (krytan excluded).

    Not to go too far off-topic, but color balancing based on material/specific pieces is part of any art project. You simply can't use exactly the same dyes/mixtures and get exactly the same colors on differently-textured materials.

    I, for one, am happy GW2 doesn't force them into uniformity (like GW1 did). It gives the individual pieces depth and character. Needing to use a slightly different shade of red (for example) is a small price to pay for that. (That's why GW2 has hundreds of dyes instead of just 11, btw.)

    Using a different shades to make the same colour might work if your intention is to afk in lions arch, but you also have to take lighting into account, which usually messes up any attempt at colour matching. It's not a problem if I play on low graphics... but who wants to do that?

    Usually I'd agree that different fabrics would be cool, but we're not exactly selecting shirt/skirt combo's here. We're choosing cut portions of a set of armour, many of which are more akin to awkwardly cut outfits than stand alone clothing. This means certain leggings have buttcapes that I want to colour match, but often struggle to do so due to the awkward midriff gaps between some sets and the aforementioned fabric differences.

    Personally, I'd prefer if our dyes affected the armour's material (and some do, to a degree). If I wanted something to look metalic, I should want to use a metallic dye... not spend 30 minutes hunting through grey hues because I can't get my kneecaps and cuirass to match.

  • @Trise.2865 said:

    @Westenev.5289 said:

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

    @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    Does it have fewer? If you compare the 2, each profession in Guild Wars has around 35 armor sets it can use, give or take a couple, and many are elaborations of lower tiers, for example the assassin armor with increasing number of spikes on the armor with higher tiers. Guild Wars 2 has 66 or 67 each armor weight can use (74 minus 12 cultural armors from other races and one extra heavy armor, the Mistward, plus 4 karma armors)

    [Guild Wars 2: List of armor sets]
    [Example of Guild Wars armor sets: the Assassin]

    So comparing the 2, maybe GW2 doesn’t have the profession specific armors but they have a good selection compared to the other game plus they have the wardrobe to store them in.

    @maddoctor.2738 said:
    I think you shouldn't calculate complete sets, but rather the number of skins available because there are many armor sets not counted by the wiki. Corsair armor, Mist shard, Blossoming Mist Shard, Elegy and so on. Maybe because you acquire the different pieces from different areas, or maybe because the wiki list hasn't been updated in some time.

    There are 2,117 armor skins in GW2
    588 Helmets
    345 Shoulders
    274 Coats
    347 Gloves
    261 Leggings
    284 Boots
    264 Back pieces
    There are also 95 outfits

    Removing 12 of the Racial armor sets (keep 3 to apply them to all races) and the Mistward armor, which is only heavy, this leads to 248 unique leggings (sets?) of 3 weights. Multiply by 3 (Humanoid, Asura, Charr) because skins unlock for all races at once, and you get a total of 744 + 12 + 1 = 754 armor skins unique to Race + Weight

    Still GW1 has a better armor style.

    That is completely subjective, and many of the arnors in GW1 were very similar within each group. And even if some are better, being able to mix and match among more pieces that are more varied means that a unique look can be made by each person. Mixing and matching among the Assassin armors for example doesn’t give near the variation and choice that GW2 offers for any armor weight.

    While true in theory, I don't think this holds as true as you seem to think. While there is room for mix and match, some armours just look plain awkward when not worn as a set. For example, different textures on different armours often cause dyes to take on different hues, rendering many combinations jarring depending on your graphics settings (unless you use permafrost or shadow abyss).

    And, while it may be subjective, I think I did prefer gw1 ranger armours and hairstyles compared to GW2 (krytan excluded).

    Not to go too far off-topic, but color balancing based on material/specific pieces is part of any art project. You simply can't use exactly the same dyes/mixtures and get exactly the same colors on differently-textured materials.

    I, for one, am happy GW2 doesn't force them into uniformity (like GW1 did). It gives the individual pieces depth and character. Needing to use a slightly different shade of red (for example) is a small price to pay for that. (That's why GW2 has hundreds of dyes instead of just 11, btw.)

    It doesn't have to force ppl into uniformity, just give ppl the class themed armor to choose.

    Of course, GW2has a great dye system.

  • @Chasind.3128 said:
    Gw2 actually has more armor sets to provide- the problem is they're no good compared to Gw1- Gw1 armor sets were incredibly well done while Gw2 ones are meh & often sized incorrectly to fit different races- meaning the only good looking sets are typically cultural-- Mesmer from Gw1 & Elementalist has the best looking sets hands down- they had beautiful corsets and coats with frills & lacing. Sure, that's not everyones cup of tea but the overall design of the armors AND the hairstyles from Gw1 are far better than anything Gw2 has ever offered.

    True, especially other races don't have cool hairstyles.

    I think Necromancer also has some very good sets.

  • sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭

    i think the amount of armors isn't the problem, it's the part where an armor skin shines.
    i can scroll around GW2 armors and see plenty of clones, in GW1 only a few are reskins.
    also, it's not really fair to compare the two when GW1 is prof specific while GW2 is weight class specific, if the same was done with GW1 you would see plenty of armors just for light class.

    all and all, having GW1 armor in GW2 would actually spice things up, adding enough armor skins to be truly unique. (and fix the lack of actual good looking armors)

    the truth is harsh, my opinions are too.

  • My problem with GW2 armor would be their Over Design artistic rather than lack of numbers like blade armor would look a lot better without blade all over the place or mistshard set would better without crystal and too many butt cape for both heavy and medium set. I hope to see more simple (but amazing) armor design like Phalanx set (male version) add to the game.

  • @Terra.9506 said:
    My problem with GW2 armor would be their Over Design artistic rather than lack of numbers like blade armor would look a lot better without blade all over the place or mistshard set would better without crystal and too many butt cape for both heavy and medium set. I hope to see more simple (but amazing) armor design like Phalanx set (male version) add to the game.

    Phalanx looks bad on most of the female toon though.

  • @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

    @Terra.9506 said:
    My problem with GW2 armor would be their Over Design artistic rather than lack of numbers like blade armor would look a lot better without blade all over the place or mistshard set would better without crystal and too many butt cape for both heavy and medium set. I hope to see more simple (but amazing) armor design like Phalanx set (male version) add to the game.

    Phalanx looks bad on most of the female toon though.

    That's why I said Male version, I also disappoint on how different it look for female version despite I cheer for more skimpy armor in the game but female version simply terrible for my taste.

  • CerealNumber.9348CerealNumber.9348 Member ✭✭
    edited February 10, 2020

    Like some people have said already GW2, especially in addition of all the cultural armor sets and dungeon sets, have a TON of equipment skins already to choose from.
    I'm sure some people like it and I respect that but I feel too many armor sets, especially all the new sets just look like modern art. Designers trying too hard to be unique instead of designing equipment that fit regular beauty/cool/rpg standards(for men/women). There are some but holy kitten are they limited. Most equipment skins just look ugly and are never seen used on anybody.
    I don't mean to offend but just look at other games that rely on cosmetics for revenue. Look at gw2 social media posts of people sharing their character designs and compile the ones people like the most and use that data.

    What gw2 needs is heavy bikini armors and sexy legendary hammers.

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2020

    @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

    @Trise.2865 said:

    @Westenev.5289 said:

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

    @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    Does it have fewer? If you compare the 2, each profession in Guild Wars has around 35 armor sets it can use, give or take a couple, and many are elaborations of lower tiers, for example the assassin armor with increasing number of spikes on the armor with higher tiers. Guild Wars 2 has 66 or 67 each armor weight can use (74 minus 12 cultural armors from other races and one extra heavy armor, the Mistward, plus 4 karma armors)

    [Guild Wars 2: List of armor sets]
    [Example of Guild Wars armor sets: the Assassin]

    So comparing the 2, maybe GW2 doesn’t have the profession specific armors but they have a good selection compared to the other game plus they have the wardrobe to store them in.

    @maddoctor.2738 said:
    I think you shouldn't calculate complete sets, but rather the number of skins available because there are many armor sets not counted by the wiki. Corsair armor, Mist shard, Blossoming Mist Shard, Elegy and so on. Maybe because you acquire the different pieces from different areas, or maybe because the wiki list hasn't been updated in some time.

    There are 2,117 armor skins in GW2
    588 Helmets
    345 Shoulders
    274 Coats
    347 Gloves
    261 Leggings
    284 Boots
    264 Back pieces
    There are also 95 outfits

    Removing 12 of the Racial armor sets (keep 3 to apply them to all races) and the Mistward armor, which is only heavy, this leads to 248 unique leggings (sets?) of 3 weights. Multiply by 3 (Humanoid, Asura, Charr) because skins unlock for all races at once, and you get a total of 744 + 12 + 1 = 754 armor skins unique to Race + Weight

    Still GW1 has a better armor style.

    That is completely subjective, and many of the arnors in GW1 were very similar within each group. And even if some are better, being able to mix and match among more pieces that are more varied means that a unique look can be made by each person. Mixing and matching among the Assassin armors for example doesn’t give near the variation and choice that GW2 offers for any armor weight.

    While true in theory, I don't think this holds as true as you seem to think. While there is room for mix and match, some armours just look plain awkward when not worn as a set. For example, different textures on different armours often cause dyes to take on different hues, rendering many combinations jarring depending on your graphics settings (unless you use permafrost or shadow abyss).

    And, while it may be subjective, I think I did prefer gw1 ranger armours and hairstyles compared to GW2 (krytan excluded).

    Not to go too far off-topic, but color balancing based on material/specific pieces is part of any art project. You simply can't use exactly the same dyes/mixtures and get exactly the same colors on differently-textured materials.

    I, for one, am happy GW2 doesn't force them into uniformity (like GW1 did). It gives the individual pieces depth and character. Needing to use a slightly different shade of red (for example) is a small price to pay for that. (That's why GW2 has hundreds of dyes instead of just 11, btw.)

    It doesn't have to force ppl into uniformity, just give ppl the class themed armor to choose.

    Of course, GW2has a great dye system.

    We already have lots of armor choice, so what problem are you trying to solve?

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • It's not a problem. The OP wants some Profession-themed armor added to the game. Should have just plainly requested that, and be done with it.

  • Rasimir.6239Rasimir.6239 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Slowpokeking.8720 said:
    It doesn't have to force ppl into uniformity, just give ppl the class themed armor to choose.

    I still don't get what exactly "class themed armor" means. Do you have any visual examples? What makes a piece of heavy armor guardian themed but not warrior or revenant themed? How does a necromancer's robe differ from an elementalist's? And why should my favourite mesmer wear those god-awful styles they had to wear in GW1 (sorry, but while I love the mesmer class in both games, I really don't like the mesmer armor style in the first one)?

    When thinking about class themes in GW2, I usually think about colours, not shapes, and you can just switch those via dyes to any colour scheme you like. You must be thinking about something else, but I can't quite grasp what it is that makes class themed armor different to "just more different pieces of light/med/heavy armor".

  • Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2020

    @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

    @Trise.2865 said:
    Not to go too far off-topic, but color balancing based on material/specific pieces is part of any art project. You simply can't use exactly the same dyes/mixtures and get exactly the same colors on differently-textured materials.

    I, for one, am happy GW2 doesn't force them into uniformity (like GW1 did). It gives the individual pieces depth and character. Needing to use a slightly different shade of red (for example) is a small price to pay for that. (That's why GW2 has hundreds of dyes instead of just 11, btw.)

    It doesn't have to force ppl into uniformity, just give ppl the class themed armor to choose.

    Of course, GW2has a great dye system.

    I'm...not sure you understood what I was saying, but I interpret your overall statement to mean "Please give us more armor skins, ANet. Specifically, I would like it if you could adapt more of the GW1 designs into GW2. Thank you.".

    With that, I can whole-heartedly agree.

    If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    @Slowpokeking.8720 said:
    Not really if you ask many ppl. They want more class specific armor.

    Citation needed for those "many people" and what they want.

    I asked my play group and no one wants this. So, using that for my evidence, I say that this should not be implemented because no one wants it.

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

  • Evidently, 'many people' aren't on the forums. How odd!

  • Zalani.9827Zalani.9827 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2020

    I just want to see more updated Gw1 skins added to Gw2, there was several nice looking sets from Gw1.

    Less trench coat chest pieces for medium would also be amazing.

    Jadis Narnia, Sylvari Ranger of [VoS]

    Praise Joko!

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zalani.9827 said:
    Less trench coat chest pieces for medium would also be amazing.

    Truth! And less buttcapes or bustles, too.

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

  • @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Evidently, 'many people' aren't on the forums. How odd!

    Even in this thread you can see quite a few.

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    While 73 replies to a forum thread might constitute "many people" in one's opinion, I'm fairly certain it represents an extremely small sub-set of the entire player base.

    I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

  • @kharmin.7683 said:
    While 73 replies to a forum thread might constitute "many people" in one's opinion, I'm fairly certain it represents an extremely small sub-set of the entire player base.

    Many of them are done by the same few ppl. Also this thread wasn't made carefully. It's fair to say a big number of the player base.

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2020

    @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

    @kharmin.7683 said:
    While 73 replies to a forum thread might constitute "many people" in one's opinion, I'm fairly certain it represents an extremely small sub-set of the entire player base.

    Many of them are done by the same few ppl. Also this thread wasn't made carefully. It's fair to say a big number of the player base.

    True or not, it's irrelevant. People already have what you seem to be asking for so if they want it, great, they got it.

    @kharmin.7683 said:

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    @Slowpokeking.8720 said:
    Not really if you ask many ppl. They want more class specific armor.

    Citation needed for those "many people" and what they want.

    I asked my play group and no one wants this. So, using that for my evidence, I say that this should not be implemented because no one wants it.

    True. it's a waste of time to simply label armor sets according to class for no reason.

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Evidently, 'many people' aren't on the forums. How odd!

    Even in this thread you can see quite a few.

    a very few of the same reposters. Me, Inculpatus and you make up the majority of responses to this thread.

    @kharmin.7683 said:
    While 73 replies to a forum thread might constitute "many people" in one's opinion, I'm fairly certain it represents an extremely small sub-set of the entire player base.

    Most of them are disagreeingwith Slowpokeking as well, or they are asking for clarification on what his original post was.

    @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

    @kharmin.7683 said:
    While 73 replies to a forum thread might constitute "many people" in one's opinion, I'm fairly certain it represents an extremely small sub-set of the entire player base.

    Many of them are done by the same few ppl. Also this thread wasn't made carefully. It's fair to say a big number of the player base.

    No, its not. If it was a big number of the player base you would see far far more people asking for this. Like you did with mounts, capes, nerfing the HOT open world, the massive angst with the upcoming balance patch, and the responses on the post from the team lead.

    I see people requesting GW1 armor, but not what you are asking for.

    Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

  • @Dante.1763 said:
    No, its not. If it was a big number of the player base you would see far far more people asking for this. Like you did with mounts, capes, nerfing the HOT open world, the massive angst with the upcoming balance patch, and the responses on the post from the team lead.

    Because the topic was not clear, simple.

    I see people requesting GW1 armor, but not what you are asking for.

    >

    GW1 armor is nearly all class themed. You just contradicted yourself.

  • Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2020

    What we have here is a failure to communicate.

    @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

    @Dante.1763 said:
    No, its not. If it was a big number of the player base you would see far far more people asking for this. Like you did with mounts, capes, nerfing the HOT open world, the massive angst with the upcoming balance patch, and the responses on the post from the team lead.

    Because the topic was not clear, simple.

    Which is entirely your fault, as the original poster. It is a mistake you continue to compound, for some reason, and have done nothing to repair or overcome. This leads people to believe you are doing so deliberately, aka "trolling". It is your responsibility to demonstrate otherwise. I know language and communication are difficult skills, but you can do far better than this.

    I see people requesting GW1 armor, but not what you are asking for.

    GW1 armor is nearly all class themed. You just contradicted yourself.

    Guild Wars 1 was class-restricted, not class "themed". Guild Wars 2 has class "themed" costuming. As an example: Guild Wars 1 has armor that only Necromancers can wear. Guild Wars 2 has Light Armor skins that look like what a Necromancer might wear. THIS is what "many people" in the thread, including myself, would request.

    What you have been arguing for, intentionally or not, is the former. You've demanded costuming only available to one particular Profession, which is completely unacceptable to this community. If that was not your intention, you must change your words to reflect that.

    If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

  • Slowpokeking.8720Slowpokeking.8720 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2020

    @Trise.2865 said:
    Guild Wars 1 was class-restricted, not class "themed". Guild Wars 2 has class "themed" costuming. As an example: Guild Wars 1 has armor that only Necromancers can wear. Guild Wars 2 has Light Armor skins that look like what a Necromancer might wear. THIS is what "many people" in the thread, including myself, would request.

    What you have been arguing for, intentionally or not, is the former. You've demanded costuming only available to one particular Profession, which is completely unacceptable to this community. If that was not your intention, you must change your words to reflect that.

    Yeah class themed armor made for necromancer. Most of the styles are made for the profession. I don't think there should be class restricted armor, and I have stated it many times previously.

  • Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    Your argument is that the Devs should more strictly design armor where necros look like necros and guardians look like guardians and so on for each profession. In other words, the devs should make more armor that “looks like it should“ for each. However that works only if you agree with the devs. If you don’t then class themed armor is only a boring restriction that limits you in what you can do to make yourself look truly different and, in fact, limits imagination and choice. This would result in more players sticking to the “proper look” and less variation and imagination in armor choices.

    Of course, if necro doesn't look like necro, why play the class? Sure there should be freedom outside of class sets, but you need class sets first.

    What restriction? Nobody forces you to wear them, you have other choices. No class armor is another kind of restriction because we don't have it to choose. You are making a bad argument here.

    It's your opinion that a necro should look like a necro, there are plenty of games out there where you wouldn't know the character was necro by looking at them, and that's really how it should be. You shouldn't be able to identify a character by it's outfit but by what that character does, that was the limitation of the class specific armors in GW1, you could identify a character by just seeing what armor it was wearing. That, in my opinion, is very limiting, where as in GW2 you can still create that look just by combining different armor pieces and dyeing them a proper shade...now can I get the Necro Elite torn garment look in GW2, I personally don't know, haven't looked, but I can get an Elite Monk set with an Outfit...can't get the Elite Ranger one, but that wouldn't fit the GW2 style except for Sylvari characters, again, imo.

    Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

  • crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

    did a count, GW1 had 201 armor sets, GW2 according to the wiki there are 75 sets, but I'm 100% sure it's outdated, dont see the Mist Shard set and the Blossoming Mist Shard sets on there, so I say it's closing on to 100 sets in total atm

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Rasimir.6239Rasimir.6239 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @crepuscular.9047 said:
    did a count, GW1 had 201 armor sets, GW2 according to the wiki there are 75 sets, but I'm 100% sure it's outdated, dont see the Mist Shard set and the Blossoming Mist Shard sets on there, so I say it's closing on to 100 sets in total atm

    Your math seems a bit off. If you do count each profession armor separately in GW1, you at least need to count each armor weight separately in GW2, or people will just think you are willfully misrepresenting the count. Somebody early in the thread already did the calculations, and GW2 actually is in the lead if you count each profession/weight class armor set.

  • SoulGuardian.6203SoulGuardian.6203 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Nevermind the comparison between both games.
    What I'd like to see is more short jackets for medium armour instead of so many butt capes and raincoats.

    Don't get me wrong.
    Some are really neat. Such as the Rubicon Coat.
    But more variety would be good.
    Every med armour seems to revolve around pirates and bandits.

    My Holosmith would really appreciate a biker's jacket, or something along those lines.

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2020

    @crepuscular.9047 said:
    did a count, GW1 had 201 armor sets, GW2 according to the wiki there are 75 sets, but I'm 100% sure it's outdated, dont see the Mist Shard set and the Blossoming Mist Shard sets on there, so I say it's closing on to 100 sets in total atm

    I don't know where you get your math but GW1 has 28 armor sets: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Armor_art and only 7 of them are available to all professions.
    GW2 has (outdated list) 77 sets available to all weights: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_armor_sets (Mistward is heavy only and there 4 karma sets added in the same row on that page). 62 sets are available to all race/weight combos. This is 9 times more sets than the 7 sets available to all combinations in GW1.

    If you want to include the different profession varieties in GW1, then you must include the different weight/race varieties in GW2. In that case, while GW1 might have 201 armor sets, GW2 has 754 armor sets if you include all racial/weight combinations (3 races: Humanoid/Charr/Asura, Human, Norn and Sylvari share the same skins)

    In both calculations GW2 wins by quite a lot. You chose to use all varieties of profession armor in GW1 and just the names of the sets in GW2.... Way to do a biased/unfair comparison.

  • Konig Des Todes.2086Konig Des Todes.2086 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2020

    @Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:
    In GW2 by my count (which agreed with yours) there are 259 armour sets in total (counting each tier of Envoy, Triumphant and Glorious separately). I'm quite surprised by how similar the totals are: in seven and half years of GW2, ANet have only released slightly more armour sets than they did over two and half years of GW1. I guess having to make most of those armour sets fit five races has really slowed them down.

    The fact they switched to using outfits after 1 year of GW2 also drastically altered the release rate of armor.

    If you counted up the non-set armors, however, I feel GW2's amount would drastically increase. Especially for helms, even if you were to count GW1's costume helms.

    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.
    All these squares make a circle.

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

    @Trise.2865 said:
    Guild Wars 1 was class-restricted, not class "themed". Guild Wars 2 has class "themed" costuming. As an example: Guild Wars 1 has armor that only Necromancers can wear. Guild Wars 2 has Light Armor skins that look like what a Necromancer might wear. THIS is what "many people" in the thread, including myself, would request.

    What you have been arguing for, intentionally or not, is the former. You've demanded costuming only available to one particular Profession, which is completely unacceptable to this community. If that was not your intention, you must change your words to reflect that.

    Yeah class themed armor made for necromancer. Most of the styles are made for the profession. I don't think there should be class restricted armor, and I have stated it many times previously.

    ... and also, many of the styles in GW2 are suitable for necro ... in fact ALL of the light armor styles are appropriate for Necro, simply as a matter of an individuals taste, not some artificial label you think Anet should stick on it. The irony is that you claim to recognize the difference between class-restricted and class-themed ... but somehow can't bring yourself to recognize class-themed armors are just a completely artificial construction which serve no purpose other than to placate people that don't know that difference.

    In otherwords, you either know you are trolling people with a useless no-problem 'solution' ... or you don't understand the difference despite your claims you do.

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2020

    to be fair, allot of armors in GW2 can be seen as 1 armor since it's just a reskin of others, the same can be said about GW1 armors but at least the majority is unique.
    the same can be said about weapons, GW2 has plenty of clones while GW1 has more "unique" weapon models.

    i do get what he wants and i honestly like to see the same, GW1 has allot of armor models that GW2 simply can't replicate.
    the armor art is just allot more focused in GW1, they just stand out and supports the goal of what the look represents.
    GW2 has, as you can call, global armor that simply doesn't focus at all, this also shifts the fashion choice to a more general view.

    i don't want prof specific armor, i simply want armor as focused as GW1 armor.

    the truth is harsh, my opinions are too.

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2020

    ^^ the problem is that the OP can't seem to decide what he's trying to suggest or what problem he's trying to solve. Then he's admitting that he's made an unclear and complicated thread. OK then ... and on top of that, doesn't seem to take the hints to redress it or clarify.

    If he just came out and said "Hey, Make GW1 armors available in GW2" ... there would have been no problem, but still no one knows what he's talking about. He wants prof specific armor ... but all armor that a prof has access to IS ALREADY specific to the classes that can use them. Slapping a "Class X" label on any set is not solving a problem that exists.

    I get where he's going ... but the assumption you have to make is poor at best: even if Anet did make armors targeted at classes, that doesn't guarentee you like them. It's a matter of individual taste. The OP seems to have convinced himself that even though none of the current armors appeal to him, the second Anet puts a label an armor set for 'class', he's going to love it. That doesn't make sense.

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2020

    @Rasimir.6239 said:

    @crepuscular.9047 said:
    did a count, GW1 had 201 armor sets, GW2 according to the wiki there are 75 sets, but I'm 100% sure it's outdated, dont see the Mist Shard set and the Blossoming Mist Shard sets on there, so I say it's closing on to 100 sets in total atm

    Your math seems a bit off. If you do count each profession armor separately in GW1, you at least need to count each armor weight separately in GW2, or people will just think you are willfully misrepresenting the count. Somebody early in the thread already did the calculations, and GW2 actually is in the lead if you count each profession/weight class armor set.

    You are right, thanks for correcting me, unlike someone else being so aggressive

    I totally forgot there's more than 1 set per region back in GW1 :lol:
    ... and yeah, total failure at just looking at the number on the side of the table in the wiki, should be removed :lol:


    spent the last hour at work copying and pasting, hopefully, didnt missed any this time
    base on total unique armor arts; GW1 heroes armor dont count

    GW2 won by a hair length with 248 unique armor sets
    based on the criteria of being unique armor art, Radiant and Hellfire both count as 1

    If count by the number of armor sets accessible by a single race, well, humans since GW1 only got humans, GW1 just beat out GW2 with 243 vs 216

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2020

    @crepuscular.9047 said:
    If count by the number of armor sets accessible by a single race, well, humans since GW1 only got humans, GW1 just beat out GW2 with 243 vs 216

    I already did the actual math (for GW2) yours is again wrong but gonna respond to your last bit. It is always funny to see what new biased comparison you will come up with in favor of gw1. Single race is your new one? How about single profession? Lets count the sets available to a human paragon in gw1 and compare it to sets available to a human guardian in gw2. Since as you know in gw1 not all sets were available to "humans" but professions.

  • @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    Does it have fewer? If you compare the 2, each profession in Guild Wars has around 35 armor sets it can use, give or take a couple, and many are elaborations of lower tiers, for example the assassin armor with increasing number of spikes on the armor with higher tiers. Guild Wars 2 has 66 or 67 each armor weight can use (74 minus 12 cultural armors from other races and one extra heavy armor, the Mistward, plus 4 karma armors)

    [Guild Wars 2: List of armor sets]
    [Example of Guild Wars armor sets: the Assassin]

    So comparing the 2, maybe GW2 doesn’t have the profession specific armors but they have a good selection compared to the other game plus they have the wardrobe to store them in.

    @maddoctor.2738 said:
    I think you shouldn't calculate complete sets, but rather the number of skins available because there are many armor sets not counted by the wiki. Corsair armor, Mist shard, Blossoming Mist Shard, Elegy and so on. Maybe because you acquire the different pieces from different areas, or maybe because the wiki list hasn't been updated in some time.

    There are 2,117 armor skins in GW2
    588 Helmets
    345 Shoulders
    274 Coats
    347 Gloves
    261 Leggings
    284 Boots
    264 Back pieces
    There are also 95 outfits

    Removing 12 of the Racial armor sets (keep 3 to apply them to all races) and the Mistward armor, which is only heavy, this leads to 248 unique leggings (sets?) of 3 weights. Multiply by 3 (Humanoid, Asura, Charr) because skins unlock for all races at once, and you get a total of 744 + 12 + 1 = 754 armor skins unique to Race + Weight

    Still GW1 has a better armor style.

    You also forget to recognize that GW2 also has complete Outfits on top of their wardrobe system.

    There are 96 full outfits in the game, while some repeat or borrow some aspects of each other, that still leaves around 90 full outfits as well. That you can dye.

    With the updating of graphics, everything they have looks a billion times better.
    And there are a handful of armors or outfits in GW2 that took inspiration from the original game, except now they look that much better because of graphical improvements.

    And with the best dye system I have ever seen in a game, it honestly makes outfitting in this game that much nicer and allows for more people to differ from each other even when wearing similar items.

    Founder of Affinitus Nemus [AFNM]
    "Join Us, We're Lonely" - Our Guild At Some Point

    JUST LIKE THE LORAX, WE SPEAK FOR THE TREES!

  • @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    Anet is giving us armors relevant to whatever class you want to play. There isn't any reason to artificially design to a class. I mean, you aren't actually making sense in your ask, because it's a matter of taste what armors are 'good' on whatever class you play, regardless of how anet designs them and if you want more armor options, then you WOULDN'T specify armors designed to a specific class in the first place.

    There are hundreds skins they could design based on 'class' that you may or may not like, so your proposal doesn't fix whatever problem you have with armors in this game. The proof is that they ALREADY do this.

    Not really if you ask many ppl. They want more class specific armor.

    Yeah different ppl want different style, so it's good to design more.

    I absolutely do not want more class specific armor.
    Cultural specific armor is nice and all, but not at the cost of making it so there are people in the community who will try and reach for armor they can never wear.
    That new charr specific armor piece, the only reason I would want it is for completionist sake in my wardrobe, but I don't have a charr. I always delete them because I just don't enjoy playing them. I think they are cool but they aren't something I personally enjoy playing. I can live with the fact that there is charr armor I'll never wear because those came out with the game, those are special to the games release.

    New cultural armor pieces are not good, because it has a chance of blocking people from gaining something new.
    Culturally INSPIRED, is fine so long as everyone can wear it (EG. Nightmare Court is very planty, but anyone can wear it.)
    The Olmakhan shoulders were really cool and allowed for people to make their own Olmakhan charr, but I also found them to look nice on my human druid who was very planty at the time. If they had made those shoulders culturally specific then I would have never been as inspired to make her look so in touch with nature.

    It's not fair to block people from new things now that all the races stories have diverged.

    Founder of Affinitus Nemus [AFNM]
    "Join Us, We're Lonely" - Our Guild At Some Point

    JUST LIKE THE LORAX, WE SPEAK FOR THE TREES!

  • Dante.1508Dante.1508 Member ✭✭✭

    GW2 needs actual real stories to follow and less twitch mechanics.. Guildwars worked because it had heart and was its own game.. Not like GW2 striving to be a poor equivilent to World of Warcraft..

    Armor sets would not help Guildwars 2 at this point.

  • @hellsqueen.3045 said:

    @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    Anet is giving us armors relevant to whatever class you want to play. There isn't any reason to artificially design to a class. I mean, you aren't actually making sense in your ask, because it's a matter of taste what armors are 'good' on whatever class you play, regardless of how anet designs them and if you want more armor options, then you WOULDN'T specify armors designed to a specific class in the first place.

    There are hundreds skins they could design based on 'class' that you may or may not like, so your proposal doesn't fix whatever problem you have with armors in this game. The proof is that they ALREADY do this.

    Not really if you ask many ppl. They want more class specific armor.

    Yeah different ppl want different style, so it's good to design more.

    I absolutely do not want more class specific armor.
    Cultural specific armor is nice and all, but not at the cost of making it so there are people in the community who will try and reach for armor they can never wear.
    That new charr specific armor piece, the only reason I would want it is for completionist sake in my wardrobe, but I don't have a charr. I always delete them because I just don't enjoy playing them. I think they are cool but they aren't something I personally enjoy playing. I can live with the fact that there is charr armor I'll never wear because those came out with the game, those are special to the games release.

    New cultural armor pieces are not good, because it has a chance of blocking people from gaining something new.
    Culturally INSPIRED, is fine so long as everyone can wear it (EG. Nightmare Court is very planty, but anyone can wear it.)
    The Olmakhan shoulders were really cool and allowed for people to make their own Olmakhan charr, but I also found them to look nice on my human druid who was very planty at the time. If they had made those shoulders culturally specific then I would have never been as inspired to make her look so in touch with nature.

    It's not fair to block people from new things now that all the races stories have diverged.

    I didn't mean it to be restricted to certain class, only class themed like the elite spec armor pieces.

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2020

    @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

    @hellsqueen.3045 said:

    @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    Anet is giving us armors relevant to whatever class you want to play. There isn't any reason to artificially design to a class. I mean, you aren't actually making sense in your ask, because it's a matter of taste what armors are 'good' on whatever class you play, regardless of how anet designs them and if you want more armor options, then you WOULDN'T specify armors designed to a specific class in the first place.

    There are hundreds skins they could design based on 'class' that you may or may not like, so your proposal doesn't fix whatever problem you have with armors in this game. The proof is that they ALREADY do this.

    Not really if you ask many ppl. They want more class specific armor.

    Yeah different ppl want different style, so it's good to design more.

    I absolutely do not want more class specific armor.
    Cultural specific armor is nice and all, but not at the cost of making it so there are people in the community who will try and reach for armor they can never wear.
    That new charr specific armor piece, the only reason I would want it is for completionist sake in my wardrobe, but I don't have a charr. I always delete them because I just don't enjoy playing them. I think they are cool but they aren't something I personally enjoy playing. I can live with the fact that there is charr armor I'll never wear because those came out with the game, those are special to the games release.

    New cultural armor pieces are not good, because it has a chance of blocking people from gaining something new.
    Culturally INSPIRED, is fine so long as everyone can wear it (EG. Nightmare Court is very planty, but anyone can wear it.)
    The Olmakhan shoulders were really cool and allowed for people to make their own Olmakhan charr, but I also found them to look nice on my human druid who was very planty at the time. If they had made those shoulders culturally specific then I would have never been as inspired to make her look so in touch with nature.

    It's not fair to block people from new things now that all the races stories have diverged.

    I didn't mean it to be restricted to certain class, only class themed like the elite spec armor pieces.

    Classed themed armor sets is completely superficial and achieves nothing more than releasing nine armor sets (3 per armor class) wouldn't do. If it wouldn't be restricted by class, then you have a situation that we already are in now.

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    @crepuscular.9047 said:
    If count by the number of armor sets accessible by a single race, well, humans since GW1 only got humans, GW1 just beat out GW2 with 243 vs 216

    I already did the actual math (for GW2) yours is again wrong but gonna respond to your last bit. It is always funny to see what new biased comparison you will come up with in favor of gw1. Single race is your new one? How about single profession? Lets count the sets available to a human paragon in gw1 and compare it to sets available to a human guardian in gw2. Since as you know in gw1 not all sets were available to "humans" but professions.

    show us your legendary maths then, let's see how unbias your mathematically calculations are, otherwise you are just trolling

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @crepuscular.9047 said:

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    @crepuscular.9047 said:
    If count by the number of armor sets accessible by a single race, well, humans since GW1 only got humans, GW1 just beat out GW2 with 243 vs 216

    I already did the actual math (for GW2) yours is again wrong but gonna respond to your last bit. It is always funny to see what new biased comparison you will come up with in favor of gw1. Single race is your new one? How about single profession? Lets count the sets available to a human paragon in gw1 and compare it to sets available to a human guardian in gw2. Since as you know in gw1 not all sets were available to "humans" but professions.

    show us your legendary maths then, let's see how unbias your mathematically calculations are, otherwise you are just trolling

    First page of this thread.

    Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

  • crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2020

    @Dante.1763 said:

    @crepuscular.9047 said:

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    @crepuscular.9047 said:
    If count by the number of armor sets accessible by a single race, well, humans since GW1 only got humans, GW1 just beat out GW2 with 243 vs 216

    I already did the actual math (for GW2) yours is again wrong but gonna respond to your last bit. It is always funny to see what new biased comparison you will come up with in favor of gw1. Single race is your new one? How about single profession? Lets count the sets available to a human paragon in gw1 and compare it to sets available to a human guardian in gw2. Since as you know in gw1 not all sets were available to "humans" but professions.

    show us your legendary maths then, let's see how unbias your mathematically calculations are, otherwise you are just trolling

    First page of this thread.

    keyword "Sets", not lose skins

    and multiplying by multiple races when GW2 need to apply armor art to multiple races where GW1 is a single race is not bias?
    take for example, Primeval Armor which exists in both GW1 and GW2, he is count that as 1 for GW1 and 3 for GW2 because GW2 need to retrofit as 3 race models

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2020

    @crepuscular.9047 said:
    keyword "Sets", not lose skins

    Yes SETS, you didn't use SETS in your calculations.
    Guild Wars 1 has 28 SETS
    Guild Wars 2 has 77 SETS (on the wiki, there are more in the game)

    and multiplying by multiple races when GW2 need to apply armor art to multiple races where GW1 is a single race is not bias?

    And multiplying by the multiple professions when GW1 need to apply armor art to multiple professions is not bias? Mesmer Primeval and Elementalist Primeval are the SAME SET.

    take for example, Primeval Armor which exists in both GW1 and GW2, he is count that as 1 for GW1 and 3 for GW2 because GW2 need to retrofit as 3 race models

    You either count it as one in both games, as you said the keyword is SET. Or you count all the different varieties of it, there are 10 different varieties of Primeval armor in GW1, one for each profession, and 9 different varieties in GW2 (weight * racial)

    Count sets, count varieties, count skins. Pick one and don't use filters.