Why are Guild Weapons soulbound on purchase?

Civilis.2547

Can someone explain why Guild Weapons are soulbound on purchase?

I bought a couple to use as crafting materials for their shimmering counterpart, and I can't use them because the character with the crafting levels isn't the character who bought the weapons. I already lost the Guild Commendations once when I bought and got rid of the set to unlock the skins, now I'm losing the commendations again because I bought them on the wrong character.

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:Don't quote me on this but you should be able to put the weapon in the bank and still use it as a crafting material from the bank. I know you can craft with items that are in the bank and not in an actual characters inventory. Might not work how I'm describing, but its worth a shot.

I've tried, it doesn't work. If it did, there wouldn't be so much issue with the 24 and 28 slot soulbound bags, but you at least have to equip those to soulbind them (I'm still annoyed at that, but not nearly as much as I can at least see the possibility of a logical reason).

I've played this game for a while, so I should know better than to assume the game won't pull a stupid fast one and cost me a week or two of mission credit. There was probably some buried unreadable text that said 'soulbound on acquire' on the purchase page that I missed, but it's little stupid frustrations like this that drive me crazy. There's no reason these should be 'soulbound on acquire' instead of 'account bound on acquire', so I didn't think to look.

• 5 months later...