Changes since PoF? I'm thinking about returning.

@"Zexanima.7851" said:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/game-release-notesYou can check for changes here. There have been a lot. How substantial those changes have been? You'll have to decide for yourself.

Yes, I know there is that section on the forum, but that is too much info to read (I'm not lazy, but it's too dense), that's why I asked for a quick way to see what's new and what's changed. Thanks for the quick answer, tho.

Welp, the things I care the most about from the specified time period would be the three new mounts, eight new maps, and Crystal Champion masteries. I have no idea what you care about, for some reason. No, Kevin from The Office hasn't rewritten the patch notes. You'll either need to be more specific, or sigh and dive in.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Stoneheart.6547" said:Greetings

I haven't played GW2 since Path of Fire (bought it, played it a few months and quit because the game felt too redundant for me), so I'd like to ask if there is a way to quickly know what's new and what I have missed since then.

Thanks in advance

Here's the 'quick' version: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/

The feeling of redundancy is still there, imho.Without new specs it is basically just play this new map the same way you played all the others.Rewards are no better, new saga is lackluster and delivered in such a slow cadence that you could be gone another few months and catch up in a few days.If you left due to redundancy then I see no reason YET to delve back in.But, again, it is up to you and what you like.

The latest bjora marches map is one of the better maps. It has a wide range of mechanics, like the meta event, daily chest farming, champions you can do solo (if you look for a little challenge now and then), jumping puzzles, weapon skins... to me it took much longer to get bored by the map than on the previous living story maps.

@"Stoneheart.6547" said:I haven't played GW2 since Path of Fire (bought it, played it a few months and quit because the game felt too redundant for me), so I'd like to ask if there is a way to quickly know what's new and what I have missed since then.

If it felt too redundant to you then, it will feel even more so now. Except for a handful of decent LW episodes, the quality has been highly inconsistent with many disappointing results and missed opportunities (if there was something new and exciting introduced in an episode, like a cool puzzle, you would never see something similar again in later ones). Achievements and masteries have become a mere grind for most part, and there is nothing that gets even close to the overall quality of PoF.

As for what's new: they've added some pointless masteries, the Rollerbeetle mount (which is great fun) and the Skyscale mount (the latter was among the more enjoyable content with its collections); there is a handful of episodes that had either a good map or good story missions, but rarely both at the same time. That's pretty much about it. Oh, and after seven years, they've finally managed to introduce (very limited pseudo-)templates for builds and gear as well as capes.

Edit: I forgot to mention that there are also a few new raid wings and fractals that are very popular. Also, a new "game mode" (a.k.a. "raids, the light-weight edition") has been added with the current LW season, called strike missions - I can't recommend those, as most of them pose no challenge, and for the ones that do you have to find people who are good at the game's combat mechanics (many casual players have been complaining about the level of difficulty, because they can't grasp even the most basic mechanics like dodging, avoiding AoE circles and staying close to group supporters).