Twist of Fate nerf

Lich King.1524

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Wayne.6253" said:and also then a poison effect to himself and death -.-

Please, he talk about weaver, not necromancer. Killing oneself with conditions or health cost skills isn't part of the elementalist thematic (especially poison).

All in all, I personally don't like what ANet do with CC and CC counters. Long duration CC aren't fun to play of to play against, interrupt on another hand is essential as a mechanism. From my point of view, stability shouldn't "block" a CC but reduce it's effectiveness to that of a simple interrupt, if you want to "block" a CC, there is still aegis or any other random skill that "block".

I'm not against the idea of giving the long duration CC a cast time, in fact I think it's great. However, ANet's focus to make long duration hard CC always more potent via reducing counter play and increasing CC duration is, for me, one of the very thing that kill the fun of this game. And this incoming patch is doing just that. Twist of fate's nerf being but a small isolated part of countless similar nerfs.

Nobody like to see it's toon being locked in place, stuned, while another toon hit him. ANet's devs move the gameplay of this game toward making such situation more common. I'm pretty sure that I can say without being wrong that nobody will like to be on the receiving end after the patch hit. Why nobody like condition damage? It's because nobody like to see conditions eat away your health pool while being helpless. What they do to hard CC will just create more similar situations with power damage. "Don't like being beaten without being able to retaliate? Man! Cleanse your CC with a stun break!"... Ah! it's not even live I'm already sick of it.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@hotte in space.2158 said:Together with pre-nerf mirage, weaver is the most ridiculous broken braindead OP-class in history of PvP. Something insane like this should have never existed !Another reason why patch-release-day will be a good day^^

so young, so naive

I know that after the patch nothing will be better in terms of balance. Maybe even worse.But at least weaver is nerfed then :p

@hotte in space.2158 said:

@hotte in space.2158 said:Together with pre-nerf mirage, weaver is the most ridiculous broken braindead OP-class in history of PvP. Something insane like this should have never existed !Another reason why patch-release-day will be a good day^^

so young, so naive

I know that after the patch nothing will be better in terms of balance. Maybe even worse.But at least weaver is nerfed then :p

they need to fix mechanics, not just nerf damage by 30%.IH still op, while rest of mesmer skills deals shit for damage.Thief still brokenSymbolbrand mechanics untouchedweaver might be replaced by necro doing the same shit.the ONLY thing thats interesting this patch for me is hammer warrior and rifle warrior, bc something changed there.