[HELP] Which class should i play?

I'm new to the game, but have been playing MMOs my entire life. So i got a good idea about the characteristics of RPGs classes and now I'm trying to figure out which class better represents my tastes in Guild Wars 2.So far i tried a bit of all medium and heavy armored professions in the game (since i deeply dislike magic/cloth playstyles), and i still haven't got the proper idea of what which class should be, specially in the endgame.So, which class would you people would recommend to someone who's really in to PvP and likes a lot of:

• dealing tons of damage;
  • wielding two one-handed swords (because i find it really really cool)

Just so as you know, the last MMO i tried was TERA and i was in love with the warrior classes, which wields two one handed swords and deals tons of good damage and even had nice speed and mobility, what was a big plus since i quite apreciate fast moving and hacking animations.Thanks everyone.

Ty very much. I really enjoyed the idea of a revenant. Just curious, ingame i've seen some thieves wielding swords and i found quite interesting the way the class moves, damages, etc. Are thieves good choices for that kind of gameplay? Hard damage dealing and good mobility around targets?

@astrissi.5496 said:Ty very much. I really enjoyed the idea of a revenant. Just curious, ingame i've seen some thieves wielding swords and i found quite interesting the way the class moves, damages, etc. Are thieves good choices for that kind of gameplay? Hard damage dealing and good mobility around targets?

Oh, certainly. One of if not the best.Higher learning curve, though, imho...you have to get use to the stealth and initiative mechanics. I personally don't like the stealth mechanic play but neither will your opponents :)

BTW thieves can't use two swords, but they can use daggers as an off-hand weapon. There are some dagger skins which are long enough to pass for swords, so that could be an alternative if you want to try a thief but keep the two sword idea.

(Although I recommend keeping yourself open to other options too. When I first started I was certain my ranger would use sword/dagger because I really liked dual wielding in other games but I just didn't enjoy the dagger skills that much and eventually ended up switching to sword/torch. It doesn't look as good IMO but I have more fun playing it and that takes priority.)

@Danikat.8537 said:BTW thieves can't use two swords, but they can use daggers as an off-hand weapon. There are some dagger skins which are long enough to pass for swords, so that could be an alternative if you want to try a thief but keep the two sword idea.

(Although I recommend keeping yourself open to other options too. When I first started I was certain my ranger would use sword/dagger because I really liked dual wielding in other games but I just didn't enjoy the dagger skills that much and eventually ended up switching to sword/torch. It doesn't look as good IMO but I have more fun playing it and that takes priority.)

Oh, the non use of two swords is quite a news. At the end I think im really going to level up revenant and thief. trying to experience the both gameplays. At the moment with my both lvl 30 I havent got any clue of which is better for me. I'm enjoying them a lot.

I agree with Herald for a high-damage and mobility PvP build that dual-wields swords. Although, we'll have to see what happens with the big balance overhaul coming up. It is probably your best choice, based on what you've told us about your preferences. It is also very strong in PvP right now.

Having said that, you may wish to consider other worthy sword-wielders. My favorite of the moment is Weaver. Again, balance patch incoming, so who knows? But right now Weaver is on fire! Check out this video I recorded a few days ago in WvW. Look how quickly these guys burn!

Again, I think Herald fits your preferences better, but I wanted to give mention to Weaver because, as a long-time MMO player myself, I found the class appealing for its complexity and for being about the most interesting take on a mage-type class I've ever seen.

Elementalist has twice as many weapon skills as other classes (4 elements x 5 weapon skills each) and Weaver adds an additional 6 skills as it attunes to two elements at a time, resulting in a dual element skill in the 3 slot for each possible elemental combination. The fact that it's designed to be played up close and personal with a sword appealed to me as well, although more the melee range aspect than the sword necessarily!

Honestly the choice is best left for you to decide. With those requirements though you'd want to have either warrior, revenant, mesmer. Warriors in this game deal rediculous amounts of damage, but require not much skill for use in pve. revenants are also heavy armor, they're more advanced similar to the mesmer class. The mesmer class allows you to use clones and illusions to deal damage and break the enemies.

Good luck in finding a class!