Arenanet in WvW

Virdo.1540

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Rod.6581 said:

@Rod.6581 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:I have seen them on the winning sides, on the losing sides, but every time people bm them by dropping siege on their corpses.

I think it's a good thing for them to see the worst side of WvW. That way they will experience first hand what needs to be fixed and have more incentive to fix it.

Thats the worst side of wvw? My, how sensitive people are these days...

You think it's fun to be e.g. held hostage on spawn unable to enter a map? Think we've all seen ANet guys being spawn camped a couple of times, in particular against a EU server whose name I won't mention, which can give them a pretty good idea on what to change next.

At the end of the day, while they join WvW for whatever purpose, they also join as players, and if anyone finds it fun to be barred at spawn and unable to do anything it's what I find strange.

Bottom line is most people hate to lose, which is why you see many transfer every week or stack on one, and I imagine an ANet guy will not want to join a side that's ganked left and right or harassed at spawn.

It's not fun at all. It should be fixed. It's good for them to experience the problem. Maybe they will try harder to solve it.

@Rod.6581 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:I have seen them on the winning sides, on the losing sides, but every time people bm them by dropping siege on their corpses.

I think it's a good thing for them to see the worst side of WvW. That way they will experience first hand what needs to be fixed and have more incentive to fix it.

Was talking in general. But yes. People being *** is the worst side of any game. And it's up to them to take it into consideration and apply adequate restrictions/changes/

Maybe they should create two to three exits?

The problem with spawn camp is people can set up siege and hit your spawn with it but you can't build siege at spawn, so it turns very massively in favor of the zerg, if their coverage is good enough they can keep you from leaving spawn at all.

And the anti-siege measures (Ballistae) can be destroyed by siege while being built, which makes no sense at all.

I edited my post. There are multiple exits. And multiple borders.

Ah yes, the old "there's other things to do so why fix the game" argument. :p

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@Rod.6581 said:

@Rod.6581 said:

You think it's fun to be e.g. held hostage on spawn unable to enter a map? Think we've all seen ANet guys being spawn camped a couple of times, in particular against a EU server whose name I won't mention, which can give them a pretty good idea on what to change next.

At the end of the day, while they join WvW for whatever purpose, they also join as players, and if anyone finds it fun to be barred at spawn and unable to do anything it's what I find strange.

Bottom line is most people hate to lose, which is why you see many transfer every week or stack on one, and I imagine an ANet guy will not want to join a side that's ganked left and right or harassed at spawn.

It's not fun at all. It should be fixed. It's good for them to experience the problem. Maybe they will try harder to solve it.

@Rod.6581 said:

Was talking in general. But yes. People being *** is the worst side of any game. And it's up to them to take it into consideration and apply adequate restrictions/changes/

Maybe they should create two to three exits?

The problem with spawn camp is people can set up siege and hit your spawn with it but you can't build siege at spawn, so it turns very massively in favor of the zerg, if their coverage is good enough they can keep you from leaving spawn at all.

And the anti-siege measures (Ballistae) can be destroyed by siege while being built, which makes no sense at all.

I edited my post. There are multiple exits. And multiple borders.

Ah yes, the old "there's other things to do so why fix the game" argument. :p

It’s almost as good an argument as ‘I am bad at the game and need a tag to tell me what to do so fix the game’

????

So.. you are telling me you would rather quit for the night, or throw yourself pointlessly at siege, then take a different exit, hit their structures in the other side of the map, and pull them from spawn?

If you are THAT outnumbered that they can keep you in spawn, then I suggest you need to try a different BL.

If you aren’t outnumbered, then I would suggest trying to organize your side to hit them effectively.

@Rod.6581 said:

This is sadly not the case.

A anet tag just means they work for anet, it does NOT mean they have anything to do with or any say in the direction of the game or it's development. Chances are if you see someone with the tag, more often than not, that is not a dev.

@Inoki.6048 said:

@Rod.6581 said:

Lel, you know ppl get an achievement for killing anet stuff, right?

Some devs let themself get killed over and over again to make ppl happy by giving them the chance to get that achievement.

There are multiple exits on every map, just saying.

This is because resources are limited and they need to focus on not neglecting those poor pve players that get ignored.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/97384/pve-balance-does-it-really-matter#latest Yes this thread unironically exists.

But uhh, maybe confirmation bias? It is true that devs are usually seen zerging but it's not like they're always on top servers. Anet employees can play the game on their own time as well so they can play wherever they want.