Hatched Chili uses

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:Will there be more uses for hatched chillies ??I managed to unlock the shirt and banner skins and rock on emote by using WvW reward track potions that I saved.I now have access to a new repeatable WvW reward track that gives hatched chillies ? but I don’t see much use for them currently.

Buy decorations with them and donate them to your guild. I'm trying to get one of each decoration but I imagine it will take a week just to get that much. I'd like to get one of each for each of my guild halls but they cost way too damn much.

You could also just hoard them. Hoarding is always good in this game. I'm sure by the end of the "saga" there will be something that requires 500 of them.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:You could also just hoard them. Hoarding is always good in this game. I'm sure by the end of the "saga" there will be something that requires 500 of them.

Yep, you are almost guaranteed to have a legendary trinket that will require 250 and another 250 are likely to be needed for some Skyscale style "legendary" reward.

There is a title that requires 500 peppers. Peppers are also used in cooking (at least 2 recipes). The food is not very interesting, though. It seems that it is meant for some future collection or quest rather than for food effects.

I think that after you get all new skins/decorations/achievements daily home instance node farming will be sufficient to create a small stockpile of peppers for future legendary/collection.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the main issue I have with the Chili's are that they don't have a vendor value OR can be consumed into Volatile magic. We've always been able to do one or the other with map currency but with this one you can't and I'm not sure the reasoning behind it.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

@Jwake.7013 said:I think the main issue I have with the Chili's are that they don't have a vendor value OR can be consumed into Volatile magic. We've always been able to do one or the other with map currency but with this one you can't and I'm not sure the reasoning behind it.

In seasons 3 and 4 there was magic as a secondary maps currency for all maps and you could always convert/consume the primary map currencies to the secondary/magic.

In S5/Saga there is no magic anymore as secondary map currency and as a result there is no convert/consume to gain this secondary currency anymore.

I don't know, why Anet changed this in S5/Saga. Maybe its because they wanted to give Karma more usefulness.

@"Nidome.1365" said:I probably throw away a stack of chillies every week or two because there is no use for them any more and I have 2000 in the bank already.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plate_of_Spicy_Moa_Wings

Its the equivalent of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Sweet_and_Spicy_Butternut_Squash_Soup, which was the best power DPS food before ascended food was introduced.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Nidome.1365" said:I probably throw away a stack of chillies every week or two because there is no use for them any more and I have 2000 in the bank already.

Its the equivalent of
, which was the best power DPS food before ascended food was introduced.

Still of no use to me.

• Like 1

How about a universal stat changing item?

Sell item for X chili and maybe some karma or whatever. It will take the place of the exotic insignia/inscription in the stat changing recipe and the resulting item will be a piece of stat selectable gear.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Its the equivalent of
, which was the best power DPS food before ascended food was introduced.

The problem is that ascended foods exist now and they are both better and cheaper than the moa wings

@Khisanth.2948 said:The problem is that ascended foods exist now and they are both better and cheaper than the moa wings

Ok, so I looked it up.

According to GW2 efficiency:Bowl of Spicy Butternut Squash Soup = 41s 45cPlate of Spicy Moa wings = 35s 22cPeppercorn-Crusted Sous-Vide Steak = 39s 14cCilantro Lime Sous-Vide Steak = 37s 88c

But since both feasts last 1hr, they are technically half the price of the Moa wings. Definitely a problem.

Even if ANET reverted the duration of Butternut Soup back to 1hr and did the same for Moa Wings, the ascended food would still be superior because it has extra suffixes (+karma, etc) and can feed multiple people.

• 1 year later...
On 2/13/2020 at 12:06 PM, Gop.8713 said:

I'm still holding all my chilies for when they make a comeback. Then I'll be rich! RICH I TELL YOU! RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICH ! ! !

Seriously, could use a sink . . .

I kept hoping. All the other home nodes are useful. Admittedly I only spent 20 gold on mine, back when people were buying them from the vendor for 50 gold. But I wish I had never bought the kitten thing. There is no point in gathering from that node.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It's two years after the OP's question was posted and I'm giving up hope of ANET giving us an end-of-season use for them.  I'm sitting on a couple thousand of them myself but was wondering too what else might be done with them and aside from what's mentioned above, the only other way I can think of to use the extra chilis is to buy the Voice of Metal and salvage it.  It'll give you a few ectos, dark matter and mithril though at the cost of volatile magic. 

• Confused 1