I'm excited for this patch.

Rouien.5234

All I wanna say is This patch was and balance change is much needed. It might not be perfect, and I don't think anybody should be expecting it to be. But it's a good start, /everything/ needed to get toned down. Point blank period. It's no secret that there was power creep and people have been getting carried by it, including myself. Abusing low cooldowns skills and passives giving high returns/damage, high boon output and healing ETC ETC.

Just because it's meta doesn't mean it's skillful or healthy.

So, to all those who are fussing and inferring you know everything-- If you're /REALLY/ as good as you think, then these changes shouldn't bother you. It's objectively the same game with the same skills, and same mechanics. It's just gonna be more areas for counter play aka you'll have to LEARN to adapt.

@Rouien.5234 said:All I wanna say is This patch was and balance change is much needed. It might not be perfect, and I don't think anybody should be expecting it to be. But it's a good start, /everything/ needed to get toned down. Point blank period. It's no secret that there was power creep and people have been getting carried by it, including myself. Abusing low cooldowns skills and passives giving high returns/damage, high boon output and healing ETC ETC.

Just because it's meta doesn't mean it's skillful or healthy.

So, to all those who are fussing and inferring you know everything-- If you're /REALLY/ as good as you think, then these changes shouldn't bother you. It's objectively the same game with the same skills, and same mechanics. There will now just more areas for counter play aka you'll have to LEARN.

A fair assessment.Depending on how this looks, I might jump into ranked again.

@Marxx.5021 said:Unfortunatelly this patch comes 2-3 years to late. It doesn't even address issues like broken match making or match manipulation.

That is honestly a whole separate problem which is more the root issue as to why sPvP is as much of a joke as it is. They do need to make some significant changes to their matchmaking; chief among them is just adding more Queue options. They need Ranked Queue options (2 player Q, 5 player Q) to be separated, thats what caused the issues people had in the first place; they were not separate. They also need to get rid of that stupid leaderboard that encourages pure selfishness as opposed to advocating for teams to perform well in the Ranked seasons. A Ranked Team Leaderboard would be more ideal, or at the very least one for Solo/Duo Queue and another for 5 player Queue.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

@Marxx.5021 said:Unfortunatelly this patch comes 2-3 years to late. It doesn't even address issues like broken match making or match manipulation.

That is honestly a whole separate problem which is more the root issue as to why sPvP is as much of a joke as it is. They do need to make some significant changes to their matchmaking; chief among them is just adding more Queue options. They need Ranked Queue options (2 player Q, 5 player Q) to be separated, thats what caused the issues people had in the first place; they were not separate. They also need to get rid of that stupid leaderboard that encourages pure selfishness as opposed to advocating for
teams
to perform well in the Ranked seasons. A Ranked
Team
Leaderboard would be more ideal, or at the very least one for Solo/Duo Queue and another for 5 player Queue.

Yeah, it's quite late considering I stopped playing a WHILE back. These changes were much needed. IMO, it's better late than never.

But, they have to start somewhere and trying to working from the ground up is usually the best way to go. Instead of fixing symptoms of imbalance and the toxicity that follows, it's best to try and re balance the system that kind of promotes it. Them adding more counter play, more need for forethought and re-adjusting the skill ceiling not only changes the meta, but it can change the community.

We won't know /how/ till the patch drops. BUT when the core of pvp shifts and settles, then I'm assuming those other problems will be handled next or at least acknowledged more.

Good post and lol to the crying group of people.The stale meta is due for a change and a lot of bad players should drop down to silver or bronze where they belong.

The new balance patch is definitely gonna be interesting and possibly even spark new flame for people to come back. I know 4 of my friends are after reading the balance patch notes.