Thanks for the new patch... but some people may be happy if...

less ice shards and/or the possibility to exchange the shards for loot/resource bags at the fluffy bear vendor

place a treasure chests inside the empty "ravenspace" east of "Shrine of the vigilant eagle"

loot from mobs while fighting the way to Drakkar

2nd Bjora Marches WvW reward track to get shiver-emote (i always liked this opportunity and often stayed in WvW for a long time after completing tracks)

@"MikeG.6389" said:We still need = You want.And what you want is more loot, basically.Okay...You can get rid of excess ice shards easily, btw. Buy ascended trinkets or season 4 currencies that you can consume for volatile magic.

And converting to S4 currencies still cost karma which isn't recuperated anywhere along the trade.

Example: I have an abundance of Mistonium. I "eat" i, converting it to Volatile Magic. I use this Volatile magic in combination with Gold to get Trophy Shipments. I sell these materials for Gold. Net result: Spent Mistonium, earned gold.However: I have an abundance of Eternal Ice Shards. I trade them + Karma into Mistonium. Proceed as above. Net result: Spent Eternal Ice Shards and Karma and earned Gold.

Yes, I know a lot of people have a kitten-ton of Karma. Not everyone does. You gain 75 Eternal Ice Shards a lot faster than 2.7k Karma while playing in BM.

A resource that's as plentiful as those shards needs a real sink. The current sinks that also require karma actually feel more like karma sinks because karma is the resource being drained significantly. On days that I do little more than going after the essence chests (that includes doing the metas) for eitrite, I gain 3 stacks of shards and not nearly enough karma to spend along with the shards to not see my karma go down fast. It feels like all I'm earning is a new and undesirable way to spend karma.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

@"Abdel Muhti.6431" said:
  • loot from mobs while fighting the way to Drakkar

This is unlikely to happen, so as to prevent people from farming the mobs instead of engaging the boss. Most adds in boss fights do not give loot (Claw of Jormag, for example) for this very reason.

Though with Drakkar I don't think this is an issue. Most "mob farming" in metas occur because of unlimited champs. Drakkar's mobs are never champs (except the three scripted) and there's a finite amount of them during the pre-event too.