Double gathering with glyph of bounty

Eyld.2568

After today's patch, when the chance of an extra gathering strike occurs on my glyph of bounty, it gathers two instances of a herb at one usage. When there are more than one extra strike on a node, it gathers the first two at once, and then the remaining one/two. The chances for an extra strike do not seem to be influenced, but this bug allows to gather nodes faster.

I have Lucky Dog gathering tool with glyph of bounty. The issue is that I press F once, and I get two instances of loot and two experience popups. Before today, I needed to press F twice (and to look at the animation two times) to get the same results.

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:It seems it's a general change - I just "doublestruck" in the GH using Fused Molten Sickle with Glyph of Reaping.

The actual change seems to be "the last strike in a gathering attempt can gather twice" since this is also happening with axes and the same change was applied to picks previously(except the choya pick, need to check that again).

Tonight my Cosmic Harvesting Tool regularly gave me 2 results instead of 1, like before. 2 on the first strike and sometimes also 2 on the second strike, so 4 in total (which is the maximum for a plant node). I haven't tried it on any other harvesting tools (because the game won't let me login now) but it would be a nice QoL update if they finally made this possible for all gathering tools. 95% of the time I use the Unbound Magic Harvesting Tool because it can give you 3 results per strike, which is much more efficient (especially with a Glyph of Bounty equipped). I never saw the point in only giving one unlimited harvesting tool the ability to collect multiple results per strike.

@"darksome.1697" said:I did some tests after reading the OPs post with the glyph of bounty on my sickle, and out of 100 herb plants I got three attempts (press F three times) on 2 plants. Could be a fluke, but I used to get way more "three's" before today's patch. Might do some more testing tomorrow.

As long as you don't test on Winterberries ... the way those are implemented really screws things up.

Edit: Went and tested on 100 plants nodes(mussels, sawgil mushrooms and jungle plants) and got way more threes than expected which should be 9-11(100 .33 .33 = 10.89) but instead I got 20 o_OThat is twice the expected. On the other hand according to these same size calculators the necessary sample size is in the thousands just to be 90% sure about the results.

Edit 2: Amusingly if you merge our results it is perfect ... 22/200 = 11%(vs 10.89% expected)