Repairing serves no functionality anymore

It's impact has always been minimal, especially in the open world. When you had to pay to repair the cost was minimal, I doubt it bothered anyone.

IMO the biggest impact it has is forcing you to stop briefly after several failed attempts at a fight. If you have to go back to the start of a dungeon or raid to repair or leave a story instance to find a repair NPC that sends a pretty clear message that you need to do it differently and forces you to take some time away from the fight to think about it.

I'm not sure how effective that is, but I know it's worked for me before. I realise I'm just throwing myself at an impossible fight and gave to think about how to do it differently.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@borgs.6103 said:They should make it so that every time you get downed, one random armor deteriorates a level (80 to 79 and so on) and fully defeated is one piece instantly broken.Why? What purpose would that serve?Two purposes:
  1. Players would get better at the game. They would not just mindlessly press auto attack and actually use their dodge and other skills!
  2. More dollars for Anet in the form of Instant Repair Canisters!

Win-win!

@borgs.6103 said:

@borgs.6103 said:They should make it so that every time you get downed, one random armor deteriorates a level (80 to 79 and so on) and fully defeated is one piece instantly broken.Why? What purpose would that serve?Two purposes:
  1. Players would get better at the game. They would not just mindlessly press auto attack and actually use their dodge and other skills!

Win-win!

I wonder when was the last time they sold an Instant Repair Canister from gemstore..

@Hannelore.8153 said:

Win-win!

I wonder when was the last time they sold an Instant Repair Canister from gemstore..

EXACTLYThink of the profits! Surely the playerbase would want more revenue for Anet, right?

@Danikat.8537 said:It's impact has always been minimal, especially in the open world. When you had to pay to repair the cost was minimal, I doubt it bothered anyone.

IMO the biggest impact it has is forcing you to stop briefly after several failed attempts at a fight. If you have to go back to the start of a dungeon or raid to repair or leave a story instance to find a repair NPC that sends a pretty clear message that you need to do it differently and forces you to take some time away from the fight to think about it.

I'm not sure how effective that is, but I know it's worked for me before. I realise I'm just throwing myself at an impossible fight and gave to think about how to do it differently.

Dungeons are covered by power creep.

In raids it depends on the boss. For some it just adds 2 or 3 extra clicks since you can repair through the rift that you would need to use for getting back to the boss anyway.