Should I wait to get the Griffon mount?

I recently finished the PoF storyline and have been trying to get the Griffon mount. So far I have only completed the Crystal Oasis and Desert Highlands portions of the Open Skies achievements. I can't get past the Elon Riverlands one because of the group event (which I honestly feel like group events shouldn't be required to get a mount but that's just me) and of course the cost of the pieces I need to purchase are also beyond me. I did a few RIBA runs which I recently discovered so of course I don't have 250 gold readily available to purchase all of these things-- in fact I drained my account down including selling some Glacial hammer skin which I have no idea how I got down to a few silvers just to finish the Desert Highlands portion.I really want to move on to Season 4, but at the same time part of me wants to actually be finished with the PoF mounts beforehand. I'm aware that the Skyscale becomes available sometime in Season 4, though I'm not sure of the difficulty to unlock it, and I'm not keeping my hopes up that it'll be easy. Should I just push the Griffon to the side for now and move on?

Personally, as much as I'd like to suggest to progress with content as they were released, I think that you are safe to skip the griffon for now or altogether. It's not really tied to anything story-wise that you would miss out on later. On the other hand, season 4 offers two mounts: the Beetle, which is by far the fastest yet in the game; and the Skyscale which provides more vertical mobility than the Griffon and - for me at least - the Springer. Either of them is cheaper to get than the Griffon, too, but the collections can be time consuming to do.I'd say go on with Season 4 and come back to the Griffon later. It gives you access to some really nice mount-specific Adventures, if you are into that sort of thing, so I definitely wouldn't miss it, in the end. But the key thing is to keep having fun.

@MikeG.6389 said:Personally, as much as I'd like to suggest to progress with content as they were released, I think that you are safe to skip the griffon for now or altogether. It's not really tied to anything story-wise that you would miss out on later. On the other hand, season 4 offers two mounts: the Beetle, which is by far the fastest yet in the game; and the Skyscale which provides more vertical mobility than the Griffon and - for me at least - the Springer. Either of them is cheaper to get than the Griffon, too, but the collections can be time consuming to do.I'd say go on with Season 4 and come back to the Griffon later. It gives you access to some really nice mount-specific Adventures, if you are into that sort of thing, so I definitely wouldn't miss it, in the end. But the key thing is to keep having fun.

Much appreciated, thank you! I guess I'll go on and start Season 4 :)

Be sure to have a strong daily routine, earning a little extra over a long time makes a big difference. For example hitting just a couple of farming spots doesn't add much to your day, but will make a difference over time. I also recommend looking up SW achievements, there are several that reward a mastery point.

Skyscale is cheaper, but by no means easier than Griffon. I recommend reading the guide in advance.

The griffon was great back then when it was the only flying mount, after the skyscale came I never used the griffon (or any other mount) except in a very rare situations, so if you are not a collector or someone who want to max masteries then I don't advice you to get the griffon at all cause its not as special as it used to be.

Just work for the skyscale which will take more time but way much less gold (costed me around 70g only).

I've also fallen behind on Living World. I just got to Thunderhead Keep and am trying to clear the personal story there. Because of how far behind I was, I never bothered getting the Griffon and so far, I haven't really suffered much for that decision. I'm considering skipping the Skyscale as well, since I've heard it's a real grind.

So far, the basic mounts have been all the real mobility I need. It's annoying when I join a group in group-finder and they all hop on their overpowered skyscales, and I have to really work to keep up. But I'm coping so far. I think the skyscale is frankly broken in how mobile it is, and how it apparently makes the griffon completely pointless. It's kind of soured me on getting one.

Hopefully I won't miss it too much going into the next season.

Since the introduction of the Skyscale, the Griffon has been "reduced" down to its core function - crossing distance superfast as long as you have a height to start from. I use it much less now than before, but instead I use it more as actually designed!

Don't hold back on your story progression just to work on the griffon, come back to it every now and then instead!Any time you see a daily (btw, do these if you don't already! 2 gold per day for very little work) in the Elon Riverlands, pop in and see if you can get help with the events - more people will be on the map.