Is this cheat or bug?

emerik.4865

Based on the underwater skill casted, it's a bug. But you said the player was a Thief? If that's the case then it's a cheat.If the player was an Ele, there's this bug in WvW since launch that map breaks the player. I've experienced it once when I was launched when a wall at SMC broke. It put me "under underwater" and I could freely swim everywhere. I reported the bug but I guess its still there.

If you have any pictures that show the thief revealed then it's just the perma stealth is waaaaaay over powered . If you cant see and have not seen any reveal that person is indeed hacking. The hack involves putting the character under the ground. All attacks while stealth ed reveal the attacker.Considering the number of strange actions recently the number of people running these types of cheats and others is on the rise. I've gotten tired of reporting them because so far since the last purge reporting doesn't seem to do anything. Crazy thing is it was the hackers that did the most complaining about the last purge.

@Mokk.2397 said:If you have any pictures that show the thief revealed then it's just the perma stealth is waaaaaay over powered . If you cant see and have not seen any reveal that person is indeed hacking. The hack involves putting the character under the ground. All attacks while stealth ed reveal the attacker.Considering the number of strange actions recently the number of people running these types of cheats and others is on the rise. I've gotten tired of reporting them because so far since the last purge reporting doesn't seem to do anything. Crazy thing is it was the hackers that did the most complaining about the last purge.Someone under the map is most likely not hacking, they are probably exploiting a hole in the terrain mesh somewhere. Bannable offense nevertheless, but usually hard to target in order to report.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Mokk.2397 said:If you have any pictures that show the thief revealed then it's just the perma stealth is waaaaaay over powered . If you cant see and have not seen any reveal that person is indeed hacking. The hack involves putting the character under the ground. All attacks while stealth ed reveal the attacker.Considering the number of strange actions recently the number of people running these types of cheats and others is on the rise. I've gotten tired of reporting them because so far since the last purge reporting doesn't seem to do anything. Crazy thing is it was the hackers that did the most complaining about the last purge.Someone under the map is most likely not hacking, they are probably exploiting a hole in the terrain mesh somewhere. Bannable offense nevertheless, but usually hard to target in order to report.

Seems like someone just using their map knowledge to kite better, not an exploit.

@Justine.6351 said:

Seems like someone just using their map knowledge to kite better, not an exploit.Just like using the tp/leaps to jump over keep walls is PPTing better, not an exploit?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Mokk.2397" said:If you have any pictures that show the thief revealed then it's just the perma stealth is waaaaaay over powered . If you cant see and have not seen any reveal that person is indeed hacking. The hack involves putting the character under the ground. All attacks while stealth ed reveal the attacker.Considering the number of strange actions recently the number of people running these types of cheats and others is on the rise. I've gotten tired of reporting them because so far since the last purge reporting doesn't seem to do anything. Crazy thing is it was the hackers that did the most complaining about the last purge.Someone under the map is most likely not hacking, they are probably exploiting a hole in the terrain mesh somewhere. Bannable offense nevertheless, but usually hard to target in order to report.

Seems like someone just using their map knowledge to kite better, not an exploit.Just like using the tp/leaps to jump over keep walls is PPTing better, not an exploit?

It is a "feature"

Since it was said in the screen shot, there is indeed water around, there is water under all maps, this is why turning reflections off sees such a huge performance gain. I, like some others here, have been glitched under the map. I had it happen more than once using JI to port to someone in a fight and for some reason I got stuck half way into the ground, tried moving and jumping and then "fell" the rest of the way under the map into water. However I was not able to attack anyone and just WPed. Just last week I was pushed into the ground by lords rock wall in earth keep, this time I was "in" the structure, not in or under the map, so I still had my normal land skills and could hit people with some of them.

This has been an issue for some time, this person might have just glitched in like others (not knowing) and decided to mess around with it, however from what I have heard some people know areas or ways to do this reliably, I my self don't know where or how, but have some ideas. In any case, just yet another bug that has been around for years without fixing.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

My money is on that it is in the water to the side of Durios Gulch. Saw a thief repeatedly running into this water a few weeks back and couldn't work out what they were trying to do. They died quite a bit but kept repeatedly going to the same area.

at alpine borders, the map middle is a bit glitchy, it happened to me as well, i was underground for a time, but i decided to warp out, like people usually should do with this kinda bugs. beeing stuck somewhere is sadly really common in WvW, the maps are the opposite of polished - another reason why i heavily dislike that the only change from Anet is targetting battles, since not even the maps are flawless.

other variants of this are: beeing stuck inside a gate, inside a wall, inside the corner of a keep-wall-gate area (south bay, left of gate outside), beeing stuck with warclaw on some weird small bushes, standing on invisible spots around objectives (possible in greenlake, or blue ebg keep west)

I would risk saying it’s just a player exploiting some bug.

Thief’s can perform full combos and remain culled(stealth sometimes Bork up).

Last week I was getting ficused by a thief that was atacking my group full time steathed, since Im heavy on heals he was focusing hard, every time I called the group was for them to push back and aoe my position since thief was not rendering in no one, my hp was like a gw1 55hp monk high and low.

That’s just how the game works....

Note: had a warrior that in less than 10sec I had like 16 whirlwind axes straight one after the other on the combat log.