Updates Coming to Drakkar Fight Rewards

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"NorthernRedStar.3054" said:Are the changes going to land in today's patch, alongside the mechanical 'fixes'?

The change are in, but so far all it has done is made he fight even easier unless their "changes" didn't go to plan

Doesn't hit any harder, health is a bit lower, champs are marginally harder, cc bar drops near instantly.

Disappointing they didnt take more time to actually make a better fight or do a single thing to counter the visual noise that obscures any tells or attacks

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Pifil.5193 said:What are the revised rewards like?

It's just the same as before. Might be a few more quantities of the same stuff, although I never really counted what I got prior. If anyone got the ascended weapon, they didn't post it

Oh, that's a disappointment although not a surprise.

I thought they were going to improve stuff, not just add a very low chance of an ascended weapon.

Oh well, thanks Randulf.

I did it post patch and we were close to failure. Of course you have people not getting in the green circle despite my pinging it in squad chat. Also had a spellbreaker using winds of disenchantment on the champion, when I commented "this is not WvW and there's no boons on it either" the person said to let them have their fun doing 0 DPS. Apparently some players enjoy wasting everyone's time.

• Missed falling ice orbs will now have greater consequences for any players who did not participate in absorbing their effects.

Ow goodie....So not doing those mechanics gets you punished, however doing it will get you killed.Nice choice! Good Going! Kick out any glass class... Wonderful! Woot!

/sarcasm off

Heavily dissapointed.Let me say it once more:When I stand in those green circles with my Glass deadeye build, You put SO MUCH AoE on those, that I instantly die...So you now wanna PUNISH me for NOT doing that?What is the trade-off? Less AoE on those? Nope, I tried... died instantly.

So to recapYou succesfully made this fight impossible for some type of Builds.

Again, for the VERY LAST time:It is not that I do not WANT to try to get to the green circles...It is that I INSTANTLY DIE due to your EXCESSIVE use of heavy AoE around and on TOP of those falling Ice Orbs that I can NOT go to those shards.You made SURE that the survivability for some Build Styles is ZERO!!!!!!!

I see the abuse in chat coming from miles away....

Wow...Just Wow....

The ignorance.

And before anyone comments that I can play it on another build/class... Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!World Bosses should NOT be limited to just a few Classes or Builds!!!!

And yet that is EXACTLY TO THE LETTER what ArenaNet did here...

Anyone see this coming?"Get to the shards, you ..., learn the mechanics!""Sorry, this build will insta-die on those""Get on a Meta Build or get out, you...."

I have my screenshot finger and abuse report ready to go, because these are GARUANTEED to come now.

Not everyone has to get in the green circles, Tuna Bandit. I thought they did but after I did Drakkar yesterday I realized that as long as someone is in them they don't send out the ice wave to hit everyone else. You can do your bit by keeping up the dps on the foot while a few others hop into the green. Hence the dev comment in one of these threads about people getting to feel like heroes for being the ones in the circle. (I myself didn't realize those things did any damage at all, since I've been in them on my tanky Reaper and taken no harm, so I've learned something here). I hope that helps :)

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Pifil.5193" said:Yep, same terrible rewards as before. I'm truly baffled how they can consider this repeatable content when it (like the other meta in Bjora's March) is just a waste of the player's time.

A note that while the rewards may not all be to your taste, they are not the same. Rewards were updated Tuesday to add an ascended weapon set, an exotic weapon set, and the Winter's Heart Infusion.

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

I have my screenshot finger and abuse report ready to go,

Please do report abusive behavior in game if it happens.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:

@"Pifil.5193" said:Yep, same terrible rewards as before. I'm truly baffled how they can consider this repeatable content when it (like the other meta in Bjora's March) is just a waste of the player's time.

A note that while the rewards may not all be to your taste, they are not the same. Rewards were updated Tuesday to add an ascended weapon set, an exotic weapon set, and the

I think what Pifil refers to is the precedent for incredibly low chances at a unique drop - an issue which had plagued the game since launch. New rewards are only a positive factor if they “feel” obtainable. There is a strong argument they are not whilst rng remains the exclusive method of getting them

I understand a lot of the comments about mechanics, fail rates, length of meta, etc (even if I don't agree with all of them), but I really don't get the reward complaints. Especially since eternal ice can be flipped for LWS4 currency/VM, I don't see how the Bjora metas pay out any less than the beloved metas elsewhere.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:

A note that while the rewards may not all be to your taste, they are not the same. Rewards were updated Tuesday to add an ascended weapon set, an exotic weapon set, and the

The issue is the low drop rate, not what rewards are available.

I as a player have not gotten any of the super rare drops in this game from events (infusions) Ive gotten now 6 Tequatl Weapons since it was added, and the only Scion weapon i obtained was the guaranteed one(why only one guaranteed?) at 1000 Opens, Ive never seen a Triple Trouble ascended drop, and despite opening the Khan Ur Chest every day with a once a week exception have never gotten the Khan Urs Helmet. In 7 years of playing i have never gotten a precursor drop from anything but the mystic forge and that was a waste of time and gold

As an opinion, i find it terrible that it is faster for me to work a few extra hours IRL and convert gems to gold to get the items i want, because otherwise i will -never- see those drops in game.

@Randulf.7614 said:

I think what Pifil refers to is the precedent for incredibly low chances at a unique drop - an issue which had plagued the game since launch. New rewards are only a positive factor if they “feel” obtainable. There is a strong argument they are not whilst rng remains the exclusive method of getting them

That's exactly it.

I'm talking about the actual rewards you get for the meta not the potential rewards (reskinned ascended weapon or the wintersday infusion) that have such a teeny tiny chance of dropping that most players will never get one. Especially considering that its a once a day chance. Unless, of course, the drop rate is significantly higher than the usual ArenaNet drop rates?

At the moment you get a handful of unidentified items, some gemstones and some eitrite from the chests.

I have no idea about the exotic weapons (I didn't see any mention of them in the patch notes) but I assume they're the illuminated boreal weapons? What's their drop rate like?

@BlackBullWings.2734 said:guaranteed 1 (or more if you get lucky) corrupted/glacial lodestone when beating drakkar would add a ton of reasons for people to go there, it's plenty of silver.

Maybe but at about the same time in the event cycle as Drakkar you can do the Tarir meta in Auric Basin and that gives you an Amalgamated Gemstone and a ton more loot that can be sold for a heck of a lot more gold than you get from the Drakkar fight. It also takes less time. Of course, the Amalgamated Gemstone is just a regular one and not an Amalgamated Draconic Gemstone but it's still worth about a gold.

As you can only get one of the four types of Lodestone required for the Amalgamated Draconic Gemstone on this map it's better to do Tarir and buy them on the TP. If you want the Illuminated Boreal weapons, that is.