Dungeons & Open World.

Why is it that we can ply alongside NA when I'm in the UK yet when I go to do dungeons it denies me access. This pisses me right off. We need to sit around for hours waiting and waiting for a party. This disgruntles me big time. Surely anyone from around the world should be able to team up for dungeons and get them done. STOP Being land locked which is a piss take. Few things which could be done to help this is 1. Unlock for all players to connect to each other.

1. Use a flag Icon next to names so we know where people are from?
  2. Give us some AI like in GW1 where we don't need to wait for a human party. I think this might be the solution.

@Free Sprit Soul.6203 said:So when you get a group of people in your party and the dungeon doesn't allow you access this means players from another country from your own STOP you from entering. SUCKS BIG TIME. This has happened tome on multiple occassions. and it gets annoying.It doesn't have anything to do with what country you're from. It does however have everything to do with the datacenter your account data is located in.

Account data for GW2 is split between two datacenters, on located in the US, the other one in Europe. It's been done this way to allow the majority of people to play via a datacenter that offers a reasonable connection. There is no such thing as instant data transfer around the world, just ask anyone in Australia how lousy their connection to the game servers is since there are none reasonably close to them.

The downside of distributing players among two datacenters located in different parts of the world is that there is no way data can be synchronized well enough to allow players from different datacenters to play together on the same map. ANet does allow some non-timecritical interactions like guild chat and even joining parties, although the only thing you can do in party with a player from another data center is chat, since you can never be in the same map instance.

It's a purely technical reason, and nothing ANet can do to prevent it as long as the data transfer across the atlantic has a (physical, unavoidable) delay big enough to make synchronizing gameplay activity too slow to allow decent gameplay. If you do want to avoid it, the only way is moving your account to a server that's located on the other datacenter, but it'll come at the price of increased latency (most noticable more lag on your end).

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@Free Sprit Soul.6203 said:So when you get a group of people in your party and the dungeon doesn't allow you access this means players from another country from your own STOP you from entering. SUCKS BIG TIME. This has happened tome on multiple occassions. and it gets annoying.It doesn't have anything to do with what country you're from. It does however have everything to do with the datacenter your account data is located in.

Account data for GW2 is split between two datacenters, on located in the US, the other one in Europe. It's been done this way to allow the majority of people to play via a datacenter that offers a reasonable connection. There is no such thing as instant data transfer around the world, just ask anyone in Australia how lousy their connection to the game servers is since there are none reasonably close to them.

The downside of distributing players among two datacenters located in different parts of the world is that there is no way data can be synchronized well enough to allow players from different datacenters to play together on the same map. ANet does allow some non-timecritical interactions like guild chat and even joining parties, although the only thing you can do in party with a player from another data center is chat, since you can never be in the same map instance.

It's a purely technical reason, and nothing ANet can do to prevent it as long as the data transfer across the atlantic has a (physical, unavoidable) delay big enough to make synchronizing gameplay activity too slow to allow decent gameplay. If you do want to avoid it, the only way is moving your account to a server that's located on the other datacenter, but it'll come at the price of increased latency (most noticable more lag on your end).

I could be wrong but I don't think the megaserver combines regions aka datacenters at all outside of the TP. When you join a map its separate instances since its separate datacenters. Could be wrong but have yet to meet someone that wasn't hosted from the same datacenter. @OP are you getting any messages when this happens? If so what are they?

Reference:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World

@TheGrimm.5624 said:I could be wrong but I don't think the megaserver combines regions aka datacenters at all outside of the TP. When you join a map its separate instances since its separate datacenters. Could be wrong but have yet to meet someone that wasn't hosted from the same datacenter. @OP are you getting any messages when this happens? If so what are they?

Reference:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WorldThat's what I said:@Rasimir.6239 said:you can never be in the same map instance.You can however chat across regions, and even be in the same party (but not in the same map instance).

eh? people? if your party is in different map instances, just join them. It is on amazon servers anyway.

That said, OP - if you really want to do a dungeon, put yourself on lfg. A couple of minutes later: bam, dungeon party.

It really works.

Or join a guild. Ask your guild mates to do a dungeon run. Bam, dungeon party.

It really works.

Or find some friends. Do content together. Bam, dungeon party.

It really works.

And all this has nothing to do with 'worlds' NA or EU.