New WvW Meta?

Babytater.6803

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's so many better ways to gear fb than Cele man....

AgreedThe temptation is always there to diversify, but it doesn't scale 1:1. When you try to get a little bit better with a secondary role you end up A LOT worse in your main role.

Shhhh. Everything should be cele with stars sigil and runes. Dye armor in rainbow formation, and wiggle your arms in combat all the while shrieking with a high pitch. This display will strike fear into the heart of most enemies.

D:

Wait... are you on TC?

I can only confirm that at least 2 people in this quote chain have ever graced the Holy Lands of the Tarnished Coast.

D:

Make it three...

Four o/But only with protest

We may go back to Pirate Shipping for abit.

My one hope is that Portal Bombing is gonna be viable again for Zergbusting because right now, boonballs are so cancerous that they straight up annihilate any advancing party with no consequence.

Heck, it's literally just a Tag driving while everyone spills their AoEs on the tag.

And it works. And I hate it.

@Yasai.3549 said:We may go back to Pirate Shipping for abit.

My one hope is that Portal Bombing is gonna be viable again for Zergbusting because right now, boonballs are so cancerous that they straight up annihilate any advancing party with no consequence.

Heck, it's literally just a Tag driving while everyone spills their AoEs on the tag.

And it works. And I hate it.

That is WvW combat since the very beginning. I'm not entirely sure what you are expecting to be different. Zergbusting has always been facilitated by maintaining various offensive characteristics over your opponent, usually surprise and skill in the form of tempo/audacity. It has very very little to do with actual game or class balance. If your portal bomb isn't working it's because it's a bad portal bomb, not because the game isn't 'right' for portal bombing. There are videos going back to the dawn of the game of people playing whack a mole with idiots.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:30 thiefs and 5 Mesmers.

No. 25 thieves, 5 mesmers and 5 rangers.

They'd do so good vs a group of fb,scourges, revs etc lol

not exactly at that size, but that group compositions do nearly exist alike; and they don't do horrible against groups half of their size (or smaller), sadly. theres usually some necros and glassy eles inside that too for aoe spam

@Babytater.6803 said:I definitely think we will not go back to a pirateship meta and instead move back towards melee balls again. We will see in 5 days though! Exciting :)

The increase in CD m8 allow it, keychain will be dive trough and cc casters and try to pk.

Better positioning will be needed for casters, in compensation, it’s like a bit of everything will be needed rather than stack only aoe classes.

Stack lots of fb’s m8 be a reaction until people adapt/understand what we will have.

One thing for sure, gaps between aoe will exist.

@duillyn.2697 said:condi meta would be pretty detrimental to this already low population i think, really hoping that doesnt become reality.Yeah I will do my part definetly.

The core engineer condi meta today is so strong it usually makes up at least 1 player on the map I am on.

After the patch?

The floodgates will open. I except a 100% increase for several hours.

Meh this balance patch is pretty much the final nail in the coffin for wvw. Its just going to be a bunch of pve guilds spawn afking it for the rewards because I don't expect anyone to be playing this crap they are trying to push on us going back to horrible condi spamming cancer.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Jski.6180 said:The meta will be more guards and less of every thing else.

I think that’s just a secure reaction besides start playing inter stuff, people feel insecure if they can kill faster.

But damage will still happen...and devs will reduce ally boon targets back to 5 on guard on a later patch.

So right now boons are not the problem when it comes to power dmg its base armor of some classes that the problem. Boons are keeping ppl from being locked down to land that dmg. Sure you will be able to lock ppl down a bit better but now the lock down skills do no dmg making the abitly for ppl to do dmg even worst once they are able to lock ppl down over all. Your simply making every one more tankly so classes that are already too tankly for free are going to be more tankly after this update. Your glass canon are going to be a bit more tankly but that not why ppl play though classes. Its not going to end well and the very update it self NEEDS a update after it a kind of build in part 1 and part 2 the problem is if it dose not come soon enofe wvw will be comply dead.

@Jski.6180 said:

@Jski.6180 said:The meta will be more guards and less of every thing else.

I think that’s just a secure reaction besides start playing inter stuff, people feel insecure if they can kill faster.

But damage will still happen...and devs will reduce ally boon targets back to 5 on guard on a later patch.

So right now boons are not the problem when it comes to power dmg its base armor of some classes that the problem. Boons are keeping ppl from being locked down to land that dmg. Sure you will be able to lock ppl down a bit better but now the lock down skills do no dmg making the abitly for ppl to do dmg even worst once they are able to lock ppl down over all. Your simply making every one more tankly so classes that are already too tankly for free are going to be more tankly after this update. Your glass canon are going to be a bit more tankly but that not why ppl play though classes. Its not going to end well and the very update it self NEEDS a update after it a kind of build in part 1 and part 2 the problem is if it dose not come soon enofe wvw will be comply dead.

Don’t take the current changes for granted, CC skills will be updated overtime, and there were quite some busted cc skils, I don’t mind the change since damage will happens and updates will happen to the CC skills, as in add some damage back or giving them other kind of buff/effect.

Imo lack of damage once only punishes limites played in a way...