Fashion Wars Runway Show: Mix n Match Armor

Rhanoa.3960

Here's some of mine:

cFK1Qnul.jpg

This is my main character, so her costume probably changes the most, but this is one of my favourites. Noble coat, Fire God's vambraces, Buccaneer leggings and Carapace boots. Oh and the Dreamer and a killer whale quaggan backpack.

giyieStl.jpg

This is my elementalist. She's (loosely) based on the Maguuma jungle from GW1 and it took me forever to get the right skins and dyes. She's wearing the Snapdragon top and skirt and Orchid 'boots' (which have been mistaken for invisible shoes at least once) and the Sun Catcher backpack (which doesn't fit the theme but does fit her name - Alleria Wildrunner - I like to imagine the backpack literally absorbs sunlight and she channels it into her magic).

aez874Kl.jpg

This one is my engineer. The theme here is practicality. She's a norn and she learned engineering from the charr so she doesn't go in for lots of flashy effects or glowy bits. Her clothing is designed to stay out the way when she's working and fighting. She's wearing the Krytan top, ascended medium trousers and Wolf boots with the Antitoxin Injector backpack and amberite pistols.

jFvMLtkl.jpg

And this is my thief. He's Ash Legion turned Order of Whispers so he wears the Whispers coat dyed black, but with the Buccaneer leggings and Emblazoned Boots. He's recently acquired a pair of Elonian pistols too.

(Edited to embed the pictures now that's possible.)

@Danikat.8537 said:I wish there was a way to find out why someone gave my post a thumbs down.

Otherwise I'm just going to assume it's because of The Dreamer.

Sadly anything on the forums is subject to criticism thumbs up or down are just a quicker way of say it without being too negative I guess.Wish there was an option to enable or disable it per topic.

I personally enjoy seeing the various thoughts put together for any character in an unbiased approach.This is suppose to be fun, so, I am hoping this doesn't discourage others from posting their cool threads!

@Danikat.8537 said:I wish there was a way to find out why someone gave my post a thumbs down.

Otherwise I'm just going to assume it's because of The Dreamer.

For what it's worth I hate the dreamer and think your armor combos aren't bad at all.

Way better than the eye cancer aura stacked lightbulbs people think is fashion nowadays.

Chips Bangersmash, Norn Guardian, changes more than any of my characters. Currently he is in what is either a Thor Destroyer look or Batman Dark Knight look (especially with the guild shirt), depending on the point of view. Dye is all Glossy Black, one of my current favorites. The neutrality of the color makes it a nice base to equip legendaries.

Phalanx Warhelm - One of the nicest helms in the game IMO.Guild Defender Shoulderplate - A stylish and detailed shoulder piece that isn't huge.Dark Templar Breastplate/Guild Defender Chestpiece - I like running the Guild Defender piece in WvW.Phalanx Gauntlet - The odd hexagonal shape keeps it from interfering with the fireceps from Rodgort and the iceps from Frostfang.Heritage Legplates - No buttcape and no crotchrag.Mistward Warboots - Fancy, and there aren't a lot of decent-looking, heavy boots.

https://imgur.com/a/xzisq

• 3 weeks later...

Ooh! I was thinking of creating a "post your mix and n match armor"-thread, but then I found this one! ;) I really liked the one in the old forum, so I hope this one will be as popular.

Here's two of mine. Most of my characters have mix and match armor though.

Enxari. Human mesmer.https://imgur.com/a/BgjagWraith MasqueSorcerer's EpauletsPhoenix VestSorcerer's LiveryTriumphant LegginsIllustrious FootwearColours used: Antique Gold, Maroon and Cobalt.

Aweryl. Human ranger.https://imgur.com/a/1neqE"Hidden"Sneakthief ShoulderguardsHeritage JerkinRascal GlovesElonian LegginsDuelist BootsColours used: Enameled Longevity, Shadow Orange and Shadow Turquoise.

My Sylvari Elementalist https://imgur.com/ye3pykBProbably no the most original look, especially for the color scheme, but I like the "sporty" look of it and that it fits the theme of the elementalist (with the war god sword and dagger I "wear" all the elements)Tempest LoopLeystone VestmentsLight Glacial Gauntlets (still between this and the new weaver gauntlets, but the look of those gloves without the water/fire effects is awful)Whisper's Secret Gauntlets (had to make a new character and make it up to the lvl 30 mission just for these leggings, because I had no other character with whisper's secret faction)Carapace Shoes

• 3 weeks later...

My Elly Aranimda. Main character.

utxHmrV.jpg

QVdpZCt.jpg    Screenshot from the first day of the game. It has been quite a journey.RX7nZOJ.jpg

When I was just a little boyI asked my playerWhat will I beWill I be legendWill I ride mountsHere's what he said to me

Que sera, seraWhatever will be, will beThe future's not ours to seeQue sera, seraWhat will be, will be

Edit: This post was completely on-topic before the OP changed.

• Like 1