Don't get caught with a full inventory when in WvW

Swagger.1459

Other notes for WvW.

Note that I am an incredibly cheap player. I will even take free portals back to divinity's reach because I am too cheap to waypoint there directly. So if you're trying to penny pinch harder than that, please don't. You're just wasting your time.

Don't hoard garbage

This is a core problem as I've seen quite a few people with clogged inventories. Buying more space will not solve the issue because it just makes people hoard even more garbage.

As you may have noted by now, inventory space is expensive. Bag slots are 400 gems/20 bag spaces, and Bank tabs are 800 gems/30 bank slots. So what do you think you're doing by hoarding mithril (1g/stack) or silk (50s/stack)? You can't throw it at the enemy. The only thing you are doing is paying a couple of gold to hold something that certainly isn't worth a couple of gold. Just sell it when you get a full stack, or if you need to craft, refine them into ingots or whatever.

Account bound materials are a pain, but you still need that many. You need about 15 bricks/ore/stars for a set of armor and 5 for each weapon. So why do you have an entire tab of bloodstone dust? Just refine it already, feed it to the eater, or just destroy it.

Of course, time is a huge problem too. The more time you waste on managing this, the less time you have on actually sorting things out. If something sells for less than 10c on the TP? Don't open the TP,; just trash it. Did you do a pve daily and get a writ of experience? Toss it. 1/20 of a spirit shard does nothing. Did you get a "free" blue arrow cart blueprint? Throw it away. Anything you can recover from the provisoner is useless. You may have also heard that you should waste your time separating all your drops into various salvage kits. Just basic/copper for less than yellow, and mystic/silver for yellow. Ignore anyone that tells you to buy a Runecrafter's. This is not a waste sorting simulator and the garbage company isn't going to fine you for throwing it in the wrong bin. (yellow GS's are the exception)

"But, but I need to craft! " Well, sure, you can keep the expensive materials and just buy back the cheap materials. Oh sure you might lose that 15% of a trading post fee but what's 15% of 100 gold? Just 15 gold. And I'm certain whatever you're getting rid of isn't worth anything near that much.

Are you really saving by crafting?

If it's exotic, no you're probably not. Core stats have: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Named_armor and https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_named_weapons so don't waste your time.

For ascended it's better because you pay a premium for the time gating. But are you? Most of this stuff is barely being sold at a profit (though do note they are drops too)

DeldrimorBuy: 4.48gCosts: 3.12 to make (you save 1.36g per ingot)

Spiritwood PlankBuy: 3.31 gCosts: 3.53g (you LOSE 22s per plank)

Yes, people are basically selling Spiritwood at a loss here. Please just take advantage of this generosity.

DamaskBuy: 3.18gCosts 2.84g to make (you save 34s per bolt)

So, my question is, is your time worth that? If it's not deldrimor, probably not!

Now obviously if you have the materials already, you should craft it, but just remember it's not a big deal.

Don't collect garbage

Now that we know that hoarding garbage is bad, then we need to make sure it doesn't enter our bags. Can ore synthesizers drop iron/platinum? I'm not sure because I skip them these days. Leather is good! But point here is that you shouldn't really obsess over those shiny nodes. If you don't have unlimited gathering tools, you definitely should not hoard a bunch of gathering tools in your inventory. Just pass it over. It's making you a pleb. If you fall behind the tag and get ganked, then it's all for naught.

Now, this is a bit unethical, but I recommend to avoid tagging camp supervisors if possible since all he does is drop emperyal fragments. Unless you need them of course.

When you get a wvw reward potion, it may be tempting to use it, but know that advancing your reward track will defeat all your efforts by littering your inventory. Try to avoid reward tracks that litter your inventory with a bunch of random stuff (Dungeon tracks are the worst) unless you must. Most special event Reward Tracks all drop the same thing so they are most desirable even if the end reward sucks, and living story reward tracks tend to be less awful.

But I'm saving this booster for that special...

No, you're not. Just use it already.

Dealing with the inevitableNo matter how hard you try, you will always have heavy loot bags, champ bags, and tomes. Also all that unID'd gear. As a result, stop touching them until you're done. Toss it in your bank if you don't want to deal with it now. Now Tomes are easily consumable, so I just recommend doing that but if you can't, just do whatever with them.;

Bank and Merchant Expresses are excellent at helping, and shared inventory slots are very helpful. You'll probably want a lot of siege and traps, so try to stick to only superior (or guild if baller). Maybe paper catapults and rams if needed on demand. Everything else? Provisioner. Oh, and yes buy the provisoner.

Hope that helps. Maybe your inventory will help to serve you, and not the other way around.

Why do you care if my toon is packing three stacks of toilet paper, 2 stacks of every ascended dust, two of each weapon, geegaws that aren't easily deletable from LW season one, and holiday food and potions. I might NEED them. I think you just need to get better at inventory management while zerging. I made a art of it preunidentified item era. There is plenty of time during zerging to sell and salvage.

@XatraZaytrax.2601 said:Why do you care if my toon is packing three stacks of toilet paper, 2 stacks of every ascended dust, two of each weapon, geegaws that aren't easily deletable from LW season one, and holiday food and potions. I might NEED them. I think you just need to get better at inventory management while zerging. I made a art of it preunidentified item era. There is plenty of time during zerging to sell and salvage.

Fake,You didn't mention the dozen stacks of ore and silk.

@XatraZaytrax.2601 said:Why do you care if my toon is packing three stacks of toilet paper, 2 stacks of every ascended dust, two of each weapon, geegaws that aren't easily deletable from LW season one, and holiday food and potions. I might NEED them. I think you just need to get better at inventory management while zerging. I made a art of it preunidentified item era. There is plenty of time during zerging to sell and salvage.

Well I agree toilet paper is an essential survival tool in WvW since the keeps are not always well stocked, I mean its just not a high priority item to include on those overloaded Dolyaks and who wants to make a run to a supply camp in an emergency..

I love throwing around the toilet paper. I want an unlimited use toilet paper novelty.