Ascended Food: could it be better.

With the Ascended Food being out for a few months now, I have a few questions:

Do the effects last long enough for being Ascended (1 hour)? It is twice as long as a vast majority of the recipes, but I think with the additional cost of materials and labor the effects should last 90 -120 mins.

Should the plates be set out longer? When a shoutout that a feast is out at a waypoint you only have 5 mins to get there. If you are in a timed event you may be SOOL. would 10 - 15 mins break the economy/gaming experience?

I would like to see the effects the feast gives before possibly overwriting a current consumable. Simply show what the effects it provides when you hover over the meal. Unless it already does that and I'm missing something.

... and I think BACON should be an Ascended food (maybe even Legendary)!!!

@Game of Bones.8975 said:...Do the effects last long enough for being Ascended (1 hour)? It is twice as long as a vast majority of the recipes, but I think with the additional cost of materials and labor the effects should last 90 -120 mins.

Should the plates be set out longer? When a shoutout that a feast is out at a waypoint you only have 5 mins to get there. If you are in a timed event you may be SOOL. would 10 - 15 mins break the economy/gaming experience?

I would like to see the effects the feast gives before possibly overwriting a current consumable. Simply show what the effects it provides when you hover over the meal. Unless it already does that and I'm missing something...

There are a couple of practical workarounds I use but it would be nice if Anet could make the changes you are suggesting. To extend the duration of the Ascended food I save it for the times when I really need to do some heavy lifting and then use a metabolic primer before eating the meal. As for the effects of the meal, I usually call out what kind of meal it is when I announce in map chat that I've put the meal out. If I'm already using a meal, I don't want to eat another one without knowing its effects.

It's often used in WvW and instanced content (fractals/strikes/raids). For WvW the benefits are far greater as there is a WxP boost and the number of people that can benefit is far greater. For example if you have 20 or even full 50 man squad and put out power food it's probably going to be used by at least 10 to 15 people.

@Astralporing, no you don't need a gemstore plot to plant varietal seeds. You can even buy the cultivated cilantro/mint/sesame/clove/etc off the trading post.

@Astralporing.1957 said:Frankly, no, the ascended food is for the most part not worth the effort, considering the number of hoops you have to jump through to craft it (and especially seeing how it is tied to gemshop purchases)

What in the world are you talking about?

Just do the gourmet achievement(kind extensive but can do in 1h) after reaching like level 445 or so(which is extremely easy), the only hard thing about that is like what less than 100g gold cost and some bloodstone and dragonite ore.

Many of the food mats can be bought directly on trade post, and you don't even need a recipe! You can create a huge batch and keep for a long time. Price they are, but they also last 1h.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Asc food costs like 35-45 silver to make.

Thats already cheaper then some normal lvl 80 food.

If you have the gardenplots its even cheaper.

I dont even buy normal food anymore.

This.

Even when buying all the ascended food crafting resources, you barely pay more than for regular food. Every player benefits from using it and it's far stronger than regular food. There really is no reason to power creep this even more.

I mean, you could always drop an ascended food in a hub city, advertise the free food in chat anf every once in a while, people might donate some silver. That would reduce cost even further.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:There is only one thing that every player will (or should) be unanimous on in this game

Bacon should be legendary

Bacon IS Legendary. ?

Unless you're muslim... then it's just vendor trash... :anguished:

Personally, I think there's little point in buffing the best in slot items. Sure, they cost a little more, but they also have more raw stats and can be shared with friends... which covers the cost, imo.