Why do mounts...

hunkamania.7561

@Justine.6351 said:

@Zephyra.4709 said:We talking about the annoying you run in a direction press mount and your char snap turns opposite direction? that's gotta go.

No.Talking about using free camera and when letting go it auto snaps forward instead of remaining.

Never had the problem you are talking about.

It appears, at least few times a day.

Btw, Elite PvP stars dont use mounts, we show our dominance by walking around.

@Widmo.3186 said:

@Zephyra.4709 said:We talking about the annoying you run in a direction press mount and your char snap turns opposite direction? that's gotta go.

No.Talking about using free camera and when letting go it auto snaps forward instead of remaining.

It appears, at least few times a day.

Btw, Elite PvP stars dont use mounts, we show our dominance by walking around.

Elite pvp stars dont have mounts unlocked yet, peasants lel.

@Justine.6351 said:

u srs? this happens literally all the time for me... while i cannot say much about the OP topic, since i don't use free camera.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

u srs? this happens literally all the time for me... while i cannot say much about the OP topic, since i don't use free camera.

Must be a new thing?

@Justine.6351 said:

Must be a new thing?

Nope, been there since mounts came out, very annoying.

@LetoII.3782 said:Yeah mine constantly wants me to make a right turn when I mount. Been like that since release

At first I thought it was camera position related, then one day I was running from 20+ people while I was solo by the cliff of Hills, I use JI and sword 2 at one of the archers on the wall going north, get enough space to go OOC, looking straight forward, push button to mount and out of no where sharp turn left straight towards the edge of the cliff, I stopped in time, by the time I back up and turn, the zerg is on me aaaand......Dead.

The free camera is also annoying, as trying to stay area/map aware while mounted can be hard, as any time you let off the camera snaps back forward. Out side of straight line running away, warclaw feels very clunky in WvW.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

What mouse are you guys using?

Track ball and foot pedals

It's not my settings, it doesn't happen every time. Happens about as frequently as seeing someone else's warclaw turn into a Saturn vSee, thats the problem. You need to use a steering wheel for the mount and TrackIR for the camera.

Nah, my power glove is using the only serial port

1. They designed mount movement to be weight heavy, so when you turn while in spot it's slow, or at full speed it's a wide turn. Other games like WoW don't have this and are very light and snappy in movement. The heavy wide turns sometimes annoy me.
  2. The free camera works one time while moving, and then when you try it a second time it snaps back forward and you're unable to do it again(even when it doesn't happen you can feel the auto snap fighting with you at the start of it), this is until you remount I believe. Also annoying.
  3. Mounting while moving forward fully on foot(holding down w while mounting) tends to snap your mount into a turn back when you get on, super annoying when trying to outrun something.

P.S 2 and 3 don't happen every single time, it's the odd times it does for whatever reason.