Official Feedback Thread about Build and Equipment Templates

so I would like an update please as it seems this was not mentioned in the post by Andrew Gray.

People have done a lot of work and spent quite a bit of time trying to help and work on improving the interface. please show them some respect for their effort by giving us something.

or simply tell us that we are stuck with what we have and we can all go on with out lives

@"phokus.8934" said:Works fine and well but without a “how to” it can be confusing to those who can’t figure things out on their own.Yeah, you really neede a manual to know where the sigils will dropping if you are changing the mode. Or how to you know whta will be used on what mode. Or when you start using the "saved" mouseclicks, since you already use soo much more.

@Ahi.9673 said:

@Lottie.5370 said:I don't mind having to pay for additional slots, but why are they limited to such a small amount? I feel like build templates (the utilities/traits) should be unlimited :/

This. why only 6? I don't mind paying, just let me unlock more

At a guess, this aspect of the load-out system is as it is so that ANet can release a few more every time they want an infusion of cash. They did the same thing with shared inventory slots. If they made it unlimited right off, they'd get some more revenue right away, but: that revenue would be reduced a bit by players looking at how expensive it is to get as many as they want; and the next time revenue needs a shot in the arm, ANet doesn't have a convenience item go-to.

since the new loadout came out, I stopped playing wvw, and other 15ish builds. Currently headed for 1 button spam builds like DD, scrapper, reaper. Content is still beatable but unfun for me. Need to find new longterm game. What do you guys suggest ? challenging any other mmorpgs ? "If yOu HaTe sO mUcH, ThEn DonT PlAy" said some genius.

@Balthzar.3807 said:so I would like an update please as it seems this was not mentioned in the post by Andrew Gray.

People have done a lot of work and spent quite a bit of time trying to help and work on improving the interface. please show them some respect for their effort by giving us something.

or simply tell us that we are stuck with what we have and we can all go on with out lives

Andrew is the content design lead so templates probably don't fall within his area. I agree that it would be nice to hear something back from Anet, but dropping this on Andrew's shoulders is probably not the right place for it.

@"amnessa.6154" said:since the new loadout came out, I stopped playing wvw, and other 15ish builds. Currently headed for 1 button spam builds like DD, scrapper, reaper. Content is still beatable but unfun for me. Need to find new longterm game. What do you guys suggest ? challenging any other mmorpgs ? "If yOu HaTe sO mUcH, ThEn DonT PlAy" said some genius.

I'm also out of gw2 "for the moment" and currently having fun with ESO. It's a good game for both a casual and a challenging player. As a middle of both playstyles player I find ESO very well made in terms of playing it like a single player sandbox game but you can currently do dungeons with people and trial(raids). And if you have a friend to play with is incredible addictive. If you still havent play it give it a try.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Balthzar.3807 said:so I would like an update please as it seems this was not mentioned in the post by Andrew Gray.

Andrew is the content design lead so templates probably don't fall within his area. I agree that it would be nice to hear something back from Anet, but dropping this on Andrew's shoulders is probably not the right place for it.

wasn't dropping it on his shoulders but since he was addressing a lot of other issues it would have been nice.

• ArenaNet Staff

I have another update for you on what we're working on for Build and Equipment Templates. As mentioned in a previous post, one thing we've been working on is a way to give you all greater flexibility when making experimental changes to templates. That's almost ready, and a Revert button for changes to templates will be shipping with the February 25 build. This feature will work a bit like a restore point: Clicking it will return everything back to the way it was when you first loaded up a build.

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:I have another update for you on what we're working on for Build and Equipment Templates. As mentioned in a previous post, one thing we've been working on is a way to give you all greater flexibility when making experimental changes to templates. That's almost ready, and a Revert button for changes to templates will be shipping with the February 25 build. This feature will work a bit like a restore point: Clicking it will return everything back to the way it was when you first loaded up a build.

Is there any update on fixing the numerous issues with Revenant or the other bullet point from the post?

Edit:Also with this implementation, can we expect there to be a toggle set up in settings so that when you swap templates, the one with "Revert" will Revert automatically?

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:I have another update for you on what we're working on for Build and Equipment Templates. As mentioned in a previous post, one thing we've been working on is a way to give you all greater flexibility when making experimental changes to templates. That's almost ready, and a Revert button for changes to templates will be shipping with the February 25 build. This feature will work a bit like a restore point: Clicking it will return everything back to the way it was when you first loaded up a build.

I'm extremely confused about this change. How does reverting the load out put us back to anything when to make any changes to equipment, we need to change the load out in the first place? or will the revert tab be its own thing where we can always revert to it?

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:I have another update for you on what we're working on for Build and Equipment Templates. As mentioned in a previous post, one thing we've been working on is a way to give you all greater flexibility when making experimental changes to templates. That's almost ready, and a Revert button for changes to templates will be shipping with the February 25 build. This feature will work a bit like a restore point: Clicking it will return everything back to the way it was when you first loaded up a build.

Thank you for letting us know Templates are still being worked on. However, there are many other suggestions and complaints in this feedback thread. Would it be possible for someone to list the other things that are being worked on with templates if anything else at all?

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:I have another update for you on what we're working on for Build and Equipment Templates. As mentioned in a previous post, one thing we've been working on is a way to give you all greater flexibility when making experimental changes to templates. That's almost ready, and a Revert button for changes to templates will be shipping with the February 25 build. This feature will work a bit like a restore point: Clicking it will return everything back to the way it was when you first loaded up a build.

Thanks! that is neat for quick deviations, for example taking movement skills/traits and quickly reverting when a fight comes close.I guess one can override the reset-point by copying and pasting the same build? That would work similarly then as restore points in operating systems.

What would be really nice would be a "shared inventory"+"equipment template" combination. Even with legendary armor and multiple sets of trinkets, moving everything to another character is still a pain...

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Dediggefedde.4961" said:I guess one can override the reset-point by copying and pasting the same build? That would work similarly then as restore points in operating systems.If the current quality of the loadouts continues, there won't be any save points.That new button will most like work like the revert button in text writing programs.Well, there are different types of text editors. ^^This feature will work a bit like a restore point: Clicking it will return everything back to the way it was when you first loaded up a build.So, by loading up the current build again (expert + import), you basically create a new restore point (to use their jargon).

would be interesting to know what is the "restore point" when you make the build by scratch, or if "loading up" also happens when logging in/switching maps/switching modes. ^^

People weren't asking for a revert button, people are asking to not automatically save every change and instead only save them when replacing the template which is way more user friendly than having to look for the button everytime before swapping a template.

The 'revert' button sounds like a step in the right direction at least, making templates act more like templates.I'm curious what events will define the point that is reverted too, and how gear will be stored before/after the reversion.

Will character selection/map change/disconnects impact the 'revert' point?

Will loading another template impact the revert point?

If I hit the revert button; does the now unused gear drop into my inventory?

Does the gear only in the revert point drop in to my inventory when the revert point is updated?

Do we have to pay for it as well? (No, I'm not joking, serious question)