Human or Norn Warrior

powetng.1024

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Norn looks the best to me in heavy (male) but if you ever PvP or WvW, it's better to go human or Norn female. The animations/size and distance judgement on skill range are heavy disadvantages on Norn males.

As someone who's played both you can pull off amazing combos on human male or land attacks that you will never land on a Norn male. Some very notable and important skills include killshot, eviscerate, full counter, arcing slice, and skullcrack and it's berserk form. This effectively eliminates a lot of options both in weapon choices and an entire elite spec. Even in massive zerg fights I've had people just dodge my full counter when on a human male it literally tags everyone.

You want to avoid Norn males on classes that are dependent on animation/animation cancelling - rev/warrior especially.

@Strider.7849 said:Norn looks the best to me in heavy (male) but if you ever PvP or WvW, it's better to go human or Norn female. The animations/size and distance judgement on skill range are heavy disadvantages on Norn males.

As someone who's played both you can pull off amazing combos on human male or land attacks that you will never land on a Norn male. Some very notable and important skills include killshot, eviscerate, full counter, arcing slice, and skullcrack and it's berserk form. This effectively eliminates a lot of options both in weapon choices and an entire elite spec. Even in massive zerg fights I've had people just dodge my full counter when on a human male it literally tags everyone.

You want to avoid Norn males on classes that are dependent on animation/animation cancelling - rev/warrior especially.

If that is the case then how about Asura instead? I hear that they don't kneel for Killshot, not that I ever rolled a rat, or fought one that was a warrior...

Norn are bigger humans same animations (as far as I am aware). 100b with no hopping arround though.Would recvomend smallest size for best possible run animation.

Humans are basic and have silly rush animation.

Silvary supposedly have faster animations.Salad is also good becaue there are no forks in land combat. Just watch out for forks in the road!

Asuras are annoying cause hard to see. (they also pretty much float in the air while 100b) Asuras have a very different dodge animation. armor doesn't matter only other Aasura players will notice xd.

Charr have the coolest animations like sideflip on eviscerate charching like animals on rush. Not hopping around on 100b. (armor choices are garbage though)Run on all fours ooc.

Dont forget the voices if you play with sound or else it could come to haunt you xd.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"Strider.7849" said:Norn looks the best to me in heavy (male) but if you ever PvP or WvW, it's better to go human or Norn female. The animations/size and distance judgement on skill range are heavy disadvantages on Norn males.

You want to avoid Norn males on classes that are dependent on animation/animation cancelling - rev/warrior especially

If that is the case then how about Asura instead? I hear that they don't kneel for Killshot, not that I ever rolled a rat, or fought one that was a warrior...

Azura has a lot of advantages for warrior (I had one in the past too alongside my Norn and human male warriors). The most notable: no kneeling on kill shot, the dodge animation is a flip and in fast combat looks almost exactly like eviscerate (axe F1 burst is a similar style of flip). Mace skills are virtually impossible to see, making stun-locking easier.

The only "disadvantage" (if you can call it that) is that being such a small size, sometimes you end up closer to your target then you need to be. That was why I prefered human male since the range of skills (this is especially on greatsword) is true to size. These kind of things only matter when you've reached a point of mastering certain abilities/timings/ranges, like intentionally trying to clip 100blades at the very top of it's range (allows things like following up with a jump dodge past your target if they had broken CC, at the same time hitting them with reckless dodge, then using whirlwind backwards and clipping them with all 3x hits for maximum damage output on a few attacks).

• 4 weeks later...

Human...simply because of their voices when they shout. Both male and female sound wonderful, especially Nolan with the male one. Male norns on the other hand have poor postures and sound drunk all the time. Well if you are going to RP as a drunk Norn with a hunchback, it can be a good choice too. Female norns are well designed in comparison other than the cheesy dialogues.

@"NBlizzard.6724" said:Human...simply because of their voices when they shout. Both male and female sound wonderful, especially Nolan with the male one. Male norns on the other hand have poor postures and sound drunk all the time. Well if you are going to RP as a drunk Norn with a hunchback, it can be a good choice too. Female norns are well designed in comparison other than the cheesy dialogues.

I'm sorry but (no disrespect to the Female VA, as she does a good job) But seriously... I can not stop hearing this....

So as a result... I do not see human female as a Tyrian Hero off to save the world, but a mother from southpark.

In many ways I kinda wish you had an option to pick a voice for your character... but that is unreasonable due to how much dialogue there is in the game now.

I voted Norn...but it dont really matter.....Another area Anet fail miserably end there should be a difference from Norn end human just on shear size end power.....us i said before ... Norn should have more power end human should be more agile end fast....but whatever!

@"Zee.1294" said:I voted Norn...but it dont really matter.....Another area Anet fail miserably end there should be a difference from Norn end human just on shear size end power.....us i said before ... Norn should have more power end human should be more agile end fast....but whatever!

Are you saying norn should have a base higher Power stat but have a lower Prec stat, and humans have a lower Power stat but a higher Prec stat?

I mean this could have been a cool concept for them to have done to be fair with all the races.