Request about some unobtainable wardrobe items, mini and novelty.

Dumat.1479

Hello.I would like to ask ArenaNet devs to return some old wardrobe items to the game. Most of them (but not all) are old pvp weapon and armor skins.

Here is the list:

1) ArmorGuild Watchman ShoulderguardsGuild Watchman LeggingsGuild Archmage ShoesLined Toymaker's Bag

2) WeaponsStaff Primitive PillarDark Moon ShieldSpear Flame HarpoonSpear Legionnaire HarpoonMakeshift SpearWorn Voltaic SpearKrytan Harpoon GunWarden Harpoon GunGladium TridentHawk Trident - this skin was added to the game with December 1, 2020 update

3) MinisMini Mr. Sparkles

4) NoveltyGuild Kite

That's all from me. Maybe other players would like to add something.I also want to add this: when ArenaNet introduced Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock, they added some old pvp skins to it, but not all of them. Please Anet, if you can't add old pvp items from my list to the Legacy Armor Reward track or make similar reward track for weapons, at least add these skins to the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock.

Please ArenaNet, I know a lot of skin and mini collectors will say "thank you" for an update like this.

p.s. I tried many times to ask this since the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock introduction, it is time to ask again :/

@"kharmin.7683" said:There is a thread stickied at the top of the forum for these kinds of requests: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/348/gemstore-requests-new-items-items-offered-again

Most of these are not gem store items, they used to be available in-game and then when systems were changed they lost their acquisition method. Even the Mini Mr. Sparkles wasn't exclusively a gem store item because it was available from various promotions too.

I'd like to see these come back as well. I'm disappointed I kept putting off getting the guild kite because I had other things to spend gold on, then when I finally got around to it the NPC was gone.

My preference would be to add another method instead of (or as well as) the guaranteed wardrobe unlock because that's not a practical option for getting a specific skin. The PvP skins could probably be added to the legacy reward track (which was created specifically to address missing PvP skins) and the weapon skins could probably be added to appropriate vendors. Not sure about the kite and the mini, maybe those could be gem store items.

• Like 1

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"kharmin.7683" said:There is a thread stickied at the top of the forum for these kinds of requests:

Most of these are not gem store items, they used to be available in-game and then when systems were changed they lost their acquisition method. Even the Mini Mr. Sparkles wasn't exclusively a gem store item because it was available from various promotions too.

I'd like to see these come back as well. I'm disappointed I kept putting off getting the guild kite because I had other things to spend gold on, then when I finally got around to it the NPC was gone.

My preference would be to add another method instead of (or as well as) the guaranteed wardrobe unlock because that's not a practical option for getting a specific skin. The PvP skins could probably be added to the legacy reward track (which was created specifically to address missing PvP skins) and the weapon skins could probably be added to appropriate vendors. Not sure about the kite and the mini, maybe those could be gem store items.

I agree that guaranteed wardrobe unlock isn't a practical option, I am just ok with that since we don't have any option at all right now. And you are right, some vendor option or reward track option would be the best.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"kharmin.7683" said:There is a thread stickied at the top of the forum for these kinds of requests:

The kite was originally a vendor anyway so re-adding a vendor really shouldn't be an issue or simpler still just add it to the guild commendations vendor's inventory. No need to add extra clutter to the world for an NPC that sells just one item.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

The kite was originally a vendor anyway so re-adding a vendor really shouldn't be an issue or simpler still just add it to the guild commendations vendor's inventory. No need to add extra clutter to the world for an NPC that sells just one item.

I think Danikat was talking about extra NPC for old weapon skins, not for 1 Guild kite novelty.

@Dumat.1479 said:

I think Danikat was talking about extra NPC for old weapon skins, not for 1 Guild kite novelty.

Not necessarily extra NPCs, they could be added to existing ones. Many of those weapons are part of existing sets (for example the Hawk Trident is part of the Ebon Vanguard weapon set) so they could be obtained in the same way as the others in the same sets.

@Danikat.8537 said:

Not necessarily extra NPCs, they could be added to existing ones. Many of those weapons are part of existing sets (for example the Hawk Trident is part of the Ebon Vanguard weapon set) so they could be obtained in the same way as the others in the same sets.

Well, that is true. And Mr. Sparkles can be added to the Black Lion Statuettes trader, for example.

@"pooiyx.7860" said:ANet also forgot to add this back as a reward in Festival of the Four Winds:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flames_of_Kryta

Good point!

I used that just the other day when I did the Sharkmaw jumping puzzle on my engineer and (as I always do) got to the dark room and went "Oh yeah, dark room..." I know there's other work-arounds, like using ground targeted skills, but I find it easier to do with a torch so having one always available is really helpful for me. On that basis I definitely think it should be available again.

Maybe they could make it a reward for completing the race, to mirror the way it was originally available.

@"pooiyx.7860" said:ANet also forgot to add this back as a reward in Festival of the Four Winds:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flames_of_Kryta

Yes, sorry I forgot this one. I just had this in my bank for years and when they made it a novelty I just added it to my collection of novelties without realizing you can't obtain it in the game anymore. Thank you for adding this to the list.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"pooiyx.7860" said:ANet also forgot to add this back as a reward in Festival of the Four Winds:

Good point!

I used that just the other day when I did the Sharkmaw jumping puzzle on my engineer and (as I always do) got to the dark room and went "Oh yeah, dark room..." I know there's other work-arounds, like using ground targeted skills, but I find it easier to do with a torch so having one always available is really helpful for me. On that basis I definitely think it should be available again.

Maybe they could make it a reward for completing the race, to mirror the way it was originally available.

I've used it there before but I don't find it as useful as the ground target skills.

More accurately the ground target highlight, I still see people casting skills on the rocks from time to time but the aoe ring itself is a far more effective way of seeing the platforms.Barrage's ground target ring is my favourite to use just because it's so big and has a good range on it, but i've not done that jp in a good while.

I hate to say exclusivity, but getting mini mr sparkles was a surprise reward for those of us that were buying gems (with $$ and not gold to gems). Unofficially, they stopped doing those surprise mailed rewards because people complained that non-gem buyers were denied access to, or not rewarded the same way as gem buyers were.

@jessiejay.3625 said:I hate to say exclusivity, but getting mini mr sparkles was a surprise reward for those of us that were buying gems (with $$ and not gold to gems). Unofficially, they stopped doing those surprise mailed rewards because people complained that non-gem buyers were denied access to, or not rewarded the same way as gem buyers were.

I know where the mini comes from. The problem is, that I didn't play during that month. I was playing since the release but had a break during November 2012 - January 2013. During the season 1 we had a lot of skins and items like this: you could only get them once. But then they changed their philosophy about it, and made every single season 1 item and skin obtainable... except this one mini.

@"jessiejay.3625" said:I hate to say exclusivity, but getting mini mr sparkles was a surprise reward for those of us that were buying gems (with $$ and not gold to gems). Unofficially, they stopped doing those surprise mailed rewards because people complained that non-gem buyers were denied access to, or not rewarded the same way as gem buyers were.

It wasn't a surprise, it was announced in advance to encourage people to buy gems. To keep it fair they could re-release it through the same promotion, so anyone who buys 4,000 gems within a given month gets it. Maybe shift it around to different times of the year each time, so people who aren't able to play as much in December or have other priorities for their money can do it at another time.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

They added another one! If Anet raises at least $118,000 for Extra Life in 2021 everyone who donated will get a mini Mr Sparkles! 😁

For some reason you have to go to Lion's Arch after the goal is reached to trigger the achievement, but still, it's a way to get the mini again, and very similar to the original method of buying 4,000 gems.