What did he mean by this XD

Genesis.5169

As someone who mainly plays solo PvE and open world bosses/events I'm looking at the massive nerf to cripple on greatsword and can't seen anything but a world of pain for kiting with no compensation in survivability. The 2.5s traited cripple is lost on Mirror Blade, Mind Stab, Illusionary Berserker, and Illusionary Wave. Mind Stab gains 5s (currently?) cripple on a 10s time, but doesn't have the bounce range for crippling spread out groups or knockback to get some breathing room. With perfect timing and some willingness to sacrifice DPS & positioning you could get 70%+ cripple on a small set of mobs in an encounter (not players!), now you're not going to hit 50% even if you stand still & spam it. To get close you're going to have to prioritize an ability that either requires very careful aim or using snap targeting over our actual damage-dealing abilities. Was the rationale that it wasn't easy enough to catch mesmers in WvW and they needed to nerf us or is being able to run away and stealth less than a thief somehow the overpowered new meta for PvE?

@Genesis.5169 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:they can make it cleanse 10 conditions for all I care, still would be unusable becouse mirage is trash without IH

Im pretty sure the other guy agrees with you atleast i do.

I was here defending Elusive mind 2 years ago against the irrational mesmer hate but it seems to me in my premature exit many of the mesmers on the forums either quit or gave up, Do not worry fellow mesmer i am back and with your help and the help of other mesmers if they should choose to enter the fold we will undo the unbelievably bias changes Anet has made to the class.

But we have to cry and fight as much or maybe even harder then the other classes on the forums it will not be easy but we can fix this.

Like that could possibly work, look at how much crying we made after this guys butchered chrono with no reason whatsoever, making it umplayable, and one of the most dull and boring specs to play even in pve, and several months after we got nothing but neglection..

Worst part is, we can’t do anything about it. ANET doesn’t care if a class isn’t played, as evidenced by Renegade the past 3 years. To them it’s just one less class to worry about balancing, so good for them.I tried limiting my dodges to one for the oast few days just to get a feel of it. I gotta say I didn’t feel it too bad on the damage side. But boy does it get cucked when your back is against the wall.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:Worst part is, we can’t do anything about it. ANET doesn’t care if a class isn’t played, as evidenced by Renegade the past 3 years. To them it’s just one less class to worry about balancing, so good for them.I tried limiting my dodges to one for the oast few days just to get a feel of it. I gotta say I didn’t feel it too bad on the damage side. But boy does it get cucked when your back is against the wall.

now combine it with increased cooldowns for scepter 2, axe 3 and staff 2 :Dadd in reductions to protection and regeneration.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@ArlAlt.1630 said:Worst part is, we can’t do anything about it. ANET doesn’t care if a class isn’t played, as evidenced by Renegade the past 3 years. To them it’s just one less class to worry about balancing, so good for them.I tried limiting my dodges to one for the oast few days just to get a feel of it. I gotta say I didn’t feel it too bad on the damage side. But boy does it get cucked when your back is against the wall.

now combine it with increased cooldowns for scepter 2, axe 3 and staff 2 :Dadd in reductions to protection and regeneration.

Already found work arounds to those, save for the protection, but if the dmg scales down enough, I might not need it that much.

Edit: That being said, it seems that it will be nigh impossible for Mirage to stay on node. Thief already +1s better. Core power shatter meta?

@Genesis.5169 said:Devs read the forums atleast they used too. But at the very least things are so bad right now the last thing we should do is nothing. So even if its on deaf ears we gotta still try this one dodge on mirage needs to be undone.

I never said to do nothing. I just said complaining on the forums hasn't been helping.Besides, sometimes not doing something can be just as effective, if not more.