Diamond Tier Reward Track Not Progressing Back to Wood

HARDOFREADING.7298

Soooo.....Before any of you talk about skirmish ticketsor who knows what else.....All this has to do with is my Diamond Tier Progression Repeating 2+ times instead of Progressing Back to Wood.

Currently, It is on its 4th time repeating at Diamond Tier and does not progress back to Wood so as to begin the horrific grind for Marks over again. Does anyone know or have the ability to point me any information regarding this nonsense?

@HARDOFREADING.7298 said:Soooo.....Before any of you talk about skirmish ticketsor who knows what else.....All this has to do with is my Diamond Tier Progression Repeating 2+ times instead of Progressing Back to Wood.Currently, It is on its 4th time repeating at Diamond Tier and does not progress back to Wood so as to begin the horrific grind for Marks over again. Does anyone know or have the ability to point me any information regarding this nonsense?

Working as designed. You don't repeat at wood. You circle Diamond (at a reduced diamond award).

WvW is not the place to be if you find it 'horrific'. What a way to spend a part of your life, doing horrific things.

this is one of the reasons why the population peaks after new matchup (friday evening), and drops rather low at ~wednesday - people mostly only doing dailies anymore, the diamond repeat rewards aren't that great. it's acutally not even very hard to just do the whole thing on the weekend.

besides, doesn't it tell you even ingame that after diamond, the same track just repeats?

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:this is one of the reasons why the population peaks after new matchup (friday evening), and drops rather low at ~wednesday - people mostly only doing dailies anymore, the diamond repeat rewards aren't that great. it's acutally not even very hard to just do the whole thing on the weekend.

besides, doesn't it tell you even ingame that after diamond, the same track just repeats?Haha that is a negligable reason. The reason the population slumps is because most matchups are already decided by wednesday and people give up. And the reverse is the reason why population peaks on fridays.

@HARDOFREADING.7298 said:So the answer is that the Marks are hard capped via Skirmish Tickets. Seems like a poor design feature to me but w/e......Thx

The marks are likely the worst way to get Ascended armor. There are other ways to get the precursors.

If, while working on your tracks, you choose to use them, that’s one thing. But waiting for those on it’s own?

One way they could tweak the rewards and increase the value of repeating tracks would be to add 2-4 mystic coins to the repeatable diamond 6 chest. That’s an additional 2.5 - 5 gold. Not a lot, but a little bump.

They want scarcity of Skirmish tickets to encourage continued long term involvement of WvW. It’s also part of the reason why you can get the base legendary armor without a tank requirement, but make 2K WvW rank the final level needed to finish the ‘shiny’ WvW armor.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah the marks are quiet slow, but i got some pieces of ascended armor and weapons yet with them. i still didn't level any of my crafting, and i don't plan to do. got yet two unused armor choice boxes... sadly changing stats on asc armor is for specific (minstrel) sets is not comfy.

pls no mystic coins tho xD i got now 35 spare... their price would drop too, if they got given out in wvw i assume

after all, i still think rather than buffing reward track, we should get rewards for winning our matchups.