The most beautiful locations in the game — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

The most beautiful locations in the game

Tell me what's your favourite area in the game, somewhere that's beautiful and great for screenshots...
My top 1 area is the double waterfall area in the west side of the Auric Basin, it's not a secret place, but i just love how the scenery is set up.

Comments

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Mt Maelstrom inside the volcano is one of mine - the glow from the lava really enhances certain dyes significantly

Lions Arch makes for some great backdrops. There's also some really nice hills and vantage points in Elona - especially Desert Highlands

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• HnRkLnXqZ.1870HnRkLnXqZ.1870 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2020

Aurora's Remains in Brisban Wildlands & Risewild Green (Guild Trek Location) in Bloodtide Coast
    Both have awesome light-sources and fairy-style environment. Both are quite remote and see little to no visitors.

Hidden Garden Jumping Puzzle in the Dierdre's Steppes of Mount Maelstrom
    This place has awesome views, caves, waterfalls, soil, fields, water-pools and by far the most impressive tree in the game.

Wildflame Caverns in Metrica Province
    The best area to make lava-themed screenshots, because this lava does not hurt. Awesome cavern with great light-sources.

Mithric Cliffs in Fields of Ruin
    A good place to make charr-themed screenshots. Not as populated as the Black Citadel, but with plenty of nice backgrounds.

North Nolan Hatchery in Diessa Plateau
    More charr-stuff, but a lot less metal. Awesome views, nice backgrounds.

Vexa's Lab in Fireheart Rise
    Plenty of Asura themed stuff, rooms & backgrounds. Once cleared from enemies, very low chance to run into other players. Except when it is the daily minidungeon.

Martyr's Tomb in Harathi Hinterlands
    Ascalonian atmosphere, nice tombs and two rooms with very special light. But if you go there, bring a friend to clear the mobs.

Northpasture Camp in Harathi Hinterlands
    North-east is a small formation of rocks that looks like "stairs." Those lead to a remote-area of the centaur-infested zone. There is a hidden treasure-chest up there. Probably the best view over the camps without any hostile creatures to worry about. As well as plenty of Centaur related environment.

Those are some of the places I frequently visit for the view or making screenshots. Some are quite remote and allow you enjoy the view and just catch your breath.

• Bast.7253Bast.7253 Member ✭✭✭✭

Some of the raids are actually quite stunning as well. Makes me wish they just had a way to access the completely empty version of the map outside of the raid.

Like the Zomoros' lair!

It's really no wonder they don't spend more time on raids. They put some of the best aesthetics into them and nobody gets to see them!

• I'd not have a single pin point to offer but in general I found grothmar valley to be the most aesthetically pleasing to me, brings back memories of old ascalon pre searing and just the colors and landscape so vibrant... still my favorite map of all time

• Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@cptaylor.2670 said:
    Some of the raids are actually quite stunning as well. Makes me wish they just had a way to access the completely empty version of the map outside of the raid.

You can group with a player that already cleared the raid-wing in the actual week (sometimes there are players in the LFG announcing for this) and then you can visit the empty/cleared raid instance.

https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

• SoulGuardian.6203SoulGuardian.6203 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2020

● Queensdale
    I frequently stop and admire the waterfall just outside Divinity's Reach.
    Actually, most of Queensdale is astonishing.

● Grothmar Valley,
    has some really beautifully colourful, autumn themed nature.

● Diessa Plateau.
    I spent a lot of time with my Guardian just hanging around there.

● Sandswept Isles.
    Left one of my Elementalists there for ages, just so I could visit it every now and then.

● Elon Riverlands.
    South; around the water.
    It's just a shame that you can't stop for long to admire it, since everything around there wants to eat you.

● Timberline Falls.
    I like the contrast between the snow and the green around the water.

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭✭

My favorite location is the skycastle by night in Desert Highlands, and the most beautifull scene would be the ascension of Aurene.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

I dont have a picture, but I do know the area that has stuck out the most - Prophets Fall. Its visual almost make it look like a painting at times.

gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

• Iris Ng.9845Iris Ng.9845 Member ✭✭✭

The first scenery comes to my mind is Kormir's library/sanctuary. I just love watching a flock of books flying. They reckon to Studio-Ghibli's type of imagination.

Second would be the castle view inside of Mystic Forge, the path leading to Qadim fight. It's opulent.

Third choice is the desecrated altar in the end of Arah path 3. Arah dungeon has many gorgeous sceneries of ruins, but most are at inaccessibly sky high level.

• Silmar Alech.4305Silmar Alech.4305 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2020

There are many beautiful places, you just have to actually stop and see it.

Divinity's Reach:
    Imgur

Vigil Keep:
    Imgur

Lion's Arch:
    Imgur

Divinity's Reach:
    Imgur

Divinity's Reach:
    Imgur

Ember Bay (I think):
    Imgur

These are actually 5k resolution screenshots, if you want them as full, see https://imgur.com/a/5qKAhxn

Find the secret message: +++++++[>++++[>+>+++>++++>++++<<<<-]<-]>>>-.>-------.+++.+.------------.>++.<<<++++.>>++++++.>.<--..>++.-.<<<+.

• Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

For me it's Bloodstone Fen. I find the chaos very visually stunning.

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

• holodoc.5748holodoc.5748 Member ✭✭✭

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭✭

My daughter and I were working on the skyscale flight achievements, and whoah. If you ever plan on doing this achievement, pick sunrise/sunset. So very many of them simply took my breath away. In fact, it was so gorgeous after a few oohs and ahhs, by request, it was streamed to our Discord.

• coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭✭

Nice screens! I'll post some of the ones I think are beautiful too

• Hoover.6394Hoover.6394 Member ✭✭✭

beautiful screenshot! what video setting you got there?

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjMsM5MzKsI6J_WmqFTxJ5A/search?query=guild+wars+2

Users lucky enough to use Windows Vista or Windows 7 can save these vids and set them as DreamScene desktop background.

Or make one themselves like my current desktop:

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

Most if not all vista views in the HoT expansion.

• Khailyn.6248Khailyn.6248 Member ✭✭✭

Since my first time playing gw2 back in beta, my favorite location would probably have to be the queens garden in divinities reach.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/7/7d/The_Upper_City.jpg

• @Danikat.8537 said:
    For individual spots there's the bamboo garden at the bottom of the Grove:

How do you get there?

The Charr shall rule!

• SoulGuardian.6203SoulGuardian.6203 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2020

I'd like to add... anywhere that has a waterfall.
    From Divinity's reach to the Crystal Desert Highlands.
    I find the devs did a magnificent job in making waterfalls in gw2.

• HnRkLnXqZ.1870HnRkLnXqZ.1870 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:
    How do you get there?

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think that was the first secret area I ever found, I was just exploring the Grove, checking out which pools you could swim in, and suddenly found myself in there. And yet I still have to check 2 or 3 pools to find the right one, because I always guess wrong the first time.

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings"

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

Auric Basin, north watch at night. Especially when the event ends and it lights up.

• @HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:
    How do you get there?

Ok. Thanks.

The Charr shall rule!

• Tanith.5264Tanith.5264 Member ✭✭✭

Timberline Falls, hands down. It's still my favorite map in the game for exploration. Of the newer maps I'd say the Aberrant Forest in Bjora Marches. Beautifully creepy.

• Personally, Timberlaine Falls is an area that comes immediately to mind. I'm a returning player from 2014-15 and back then I had a cheap Macbook laptop that was able to run GW2 on lower settings. The areas that stood out despite the low graphics were largely the human zones (queens-timberlaine).

I don't think any MMO has done that area archetype better than GW2. To be fair, I just began the expansions so I haven't seen much outside Verdant. From screenshots the desert looks pretty amazing, so I am psyched for that. This time I can play with everything maxxed out over 60 fps, aside from Lion's Arch...my PC runs most everything maxxed over 60fps but for whatever reason the slowdown there is brutal.

• Atomos.7593Atomos.7593 Member ✭✭✭✭

All of the waterfalls in Melandru's Chalice (in Dragonfall). I hope we get to see some more of Melandru's Domain somehow in the future as it seems like it would be visually beautiful.

• Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 21, 2020

The Astral Observatory in Domain of Istan is one that's oft forgotten (on an otherwise ugly map). Also, in Desert Highlands, there's a room you can go into with Astral creatures floating above a lake of water, its very lovely.

Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay, NA | 22 charas, 16k hours, 27k AP | ♀♥♀
    Mains Mariyuuna/Tempest & Alisha Kei/Druid(PvE), Terakura/Spellbreaker & Kitty Koume/Reaper(WvW)
    No need to be best, only good and kind.

• Anchoku.8142Anchoku.8142 Member ✭✭✭✭

Bitterfrost vantage point looks nice but I sure paid a lot of keys for it.

• honestly the game is a goldmine of pretty places.
    hats off to auric basic as well.

• Most of Core, really.

• Solanum.6983Solanum.6983 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 21, 2020

Melandru's Chalice in Dragonfall

Auric Basin

• Atomos.7593Atomos.7593 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Solanum.6983 said:

Auric Basin

Nice screenshots! :)

• Solanum.6983Solanum.6983 Member ✭✭✭

@Atomos.7593 said:

@Solanum.6983 said:

Auric Basin

Nice screenshots! :)

Oh their not mine, they're from google but agreed :lol:

• Screenshots that stood out to me in my collection. I have to admit most are from off the beaten path.

https://imgur.com/a/Wqvln6a

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

Auric Basin with activated pylons.

• Hoover.6394Hoover.6394 Member ✭✭✭

@Ahrya.3097 said:
    Screenshots that stood out to me in my collection. I have to admit most are from off the beaten path.

That Canthan looking building on top of a hill, where is that

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2020

AB, North Watch, while lit, at night.
    Dragon stand has a couple of good ones.
    So does dragon fall. The whole Fire and ghostly areas.
    The Orr map, LWS3, some areas at night look incredible.
    There is more.

• Eekasqueak.7850Eekasqueak.7850 Member ✭✭✭✭

The Djinn place where you get a jackal, all of the places with the hidden sand pathways. The village in windswept Isles is pretty nice. Umm and the overlooks in Tarir.

• @Hoover.6394 said:

@Ahrya.3097 said:
    Screenshots that stood out to me in my collection. I have to admit most are from off the beaten path.

That Canthan looking building on top of a hill, where is that

I'm afraid that particular building no longer exists in the place this screenshot was taken. This is way up the top of a gilded hollow guild hall, atop a tree. It was the end of the most difficult custom jumping puzzle i've completed and the view was very nice up there. The fact they added a canthan style building was just cherry on icing. From up there it looks like the map stretches on forever in all direction.