Balance patch forgot one big thing...

Waffler.1257

I did happen upon someone under a fort while on Condi Mesmer. They did not take out any under weapon weapons or maybe lacked one, and we just humored each other for a few whole minutes while I tried to kill the guy with the trident. It just wasn't happening. :)) That's fun (yet very sad) to experience...once, and it was a stalling technique I happily let myself "fall" for to see exactly what would happen underwater.But yes, underwater is a joke, and a thief may usually turn that joke on whoever is foolish enough to get distracted, especially by the Red's lake/pond and Anza and just ping pongs between shores with swimmer teams on his/her tail trying their best to kill the one thief.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Mesmer underwater is literally nothing compared to the ranger, so I find it hilarious that was the target for this thread

This.

I remember back in the day people would turn around once a range went into water, it was pointless.

Part of this has to do with lower DPS in water and the clunky nature of it and no stomping ability, as well as how strong pet resing is. Most cases where I have downed a ranger in water, they are able to revive faster than I can cleave, very annoying. However downed skills are very unbalanced across the board, some do great dmg in down state, some higher than regular auto attacks, along with some classes having hard cleave and stomp counters, yet other classes are totally useless. Though if downstate were removed or nerfed, this would not be a problem.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Mesmer underwater is literally nothing compared to the ranger, so I find it hilarious that was the target for this thread

I've fought a pretty decent ranger on land, then the fight continued underwater(he was the one who dove in) and I won. As a thief. I'm gonna add this to my non-existent list of accomplishments in WvW.

@PeerlessArch.6547 said:Yeah -- Thief, Spear with skill #5, dodge, skill#5, dodge, etc, etc. I had an entire zerg chase me around bay for like 4 laps until they finally gave up lol. Pretty busted, but eh...was fun. :)They should probably do a quick pass on underwater skills.

That just means none of them worked on their underwater game, not busted game, just lazy people.

@borgs.6103 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Mesmer underwater is literally
nothing
compared to the ranger, so I find it hilarious that was the target for this thread

I've fought a pretty decent ranger on land, then the fight continued underwater(he was the one who dove in) and I won. As a thief. I'm gonna add this to my non-existent list of accomplishments in WvW.

It actually speaks clear understandable sentences, woah.