[Forum Bug] Body is 10 characters too short — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

[Forum Bug] Body is 10 characters too short

Frenzy.7391Frenzy.7391 Member ✭✭
edited February 14, 2020 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

So seeing as it's valentines day, I wanted to bump my forum post with our default bump message "Bumping for Abaddon's Sake" but wrapped in the heart <3 emoji.
When I do this though. I get an error message stating that I'm 10 characters short.

error.PNG

Comments

• MikeG.6389MikeG.6389 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2020

I have to ask: How is it that you seem to regularly bump forum posts and yet, mine got removed with a warning on my first try?
    <3 Edit: Not sure what the problem is, though. <3

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2020

Perhaps, it is that the beginning character (<) is a Markdown symbol. You might try it using :heart: (: heart : [without the spaces, of course]), instead?

• @MikeG.6389 said:
    I have to ask: How is it that you seem to regularly bump forum posts and yet, mine got removed with a warning on my first try?
    <3 Edit: Not sure what the problem is, though. <3

You're allowed a bump each day on Guild Recruit posts :o Although it may be that you actually need to have not had any activity since yesterday before bumping? Who knows?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Perhaps, it is that the beginning character (<) is a Markdown symbol. You might try it using :heart: (: heart : [without the spaces, of course]), instead?

Yeah I thought it was the markdown too interfering it. Just posting it so they (Devs) are aware of the issue :3

• Unlikely Vanilla will change the use of Markdown. It's pretty difficult to get them to change things.