Eternal Bond now moves you on your pet location after merging ?

CroTiger.7819

This would make trait worth a pick and would add more meaning for positioning pet. For example you will now be able to fight in mid and send your pet to thief roaming your close and be able to catch him if you noticed it on time. This will reward good players and make no use for bad players. Ranger needs more active playstyle with their pet and more meaning of merging that doing it just for boons. This is idea for pvp not for pve !

Considering AI pathing, this might be either extremely bad or totally useless.

And yu can't really "send" a pet to location to standby right now, yu can only call them on a target, so unless yu have yur pet sicced on a target the entire game, it won't work.

Not to mention, Thief/Mesmer can stealth, breaking targeting, and also Pet tether range which prevents them from leaving the vicinity of their owner.

@"Yasai.3549" said:Considering AI pathing, this might be either extremely bad or totally useless.

And yu can't really "send" a pet to location to standby right now, yu can only call them on a target, so unless yu have yur pet sicced on a target the entire game, it won't work.

Not to mention, Thief/Mesmer can stealth, breaking targeting, and also Pet tether range which prevents them from leaving the vicinity of their owner.

While its true pet AI is bad this would only make it better in same time. As i said you would need to pay big attention on your pet. I will give few examples which i found very usefull if you get good at pet control:1: You are in teamfight and you are attacking target which is lets say revenant and you know rev is going to pop glints heal, you target fb in their team to send your pet there so when rev use heal u imidietly swap target to continue pressure in teamfight

2: You send your pet to target which would serve you as kite from being pressured if you get targeted

3: You are fighting a warior in 1 vs 1 and your want to keep range since you play lb (we all know warior kept all its mobility and advantage of range classes is neglected by 3 gap closers warior has in its kit which makes being ranged a small deal vs class range should counter), what you do is send your pet if he is malee especially to war while u camp lb so when he decide to get in close with one of its gap closer you merge and keep the range since there was distance between pet and you (much more of how it should be rather than ranger needed to play malee vs war as it is the case now which shows how conception of range and malee is lost)

4: Someone is going close and you are side noder and its you job to protect it but still not camp it since there is no such a thing in high pvp because you would get snowballed very soon. In this case you send your pet slowly reaching the target and giving you extra time to attack in between. Now add Cheetah pet in the mix and you will get it...

5: Can be used aswell if you play gs to gap close since you can t snare ppl on gs which makes it sometimes hard to make it work

6: You keep your pet on downed to cleave while you defending node because downed is offpoint so you can get quickly back for better cleave if needed

7: This trait is still a GM choice so you don t have to take it instead of stance share, so this one will be used by ppl who are interested in more interaction with pet

I can go on with examples but i think this would encourage ppl to be more in touch with pet and it fits name of the trait Eternal Bond perfectly. I know pet can loose target due to stealth and other things which result in coming back to you but its still your issue because you port on pet and not on target so as quick as you merge it won t be a big deal. Last thing you said is pet range of its owner and i think its like 2000range which is definitly good for use of this mecahanic and it would be op if its more than this.

Ranger needs this mechanics if he wants to compete since strongest mechanics as mobility (mostly ports and shadowsteps) are keeping things competitive and meta in mat. Ranger have range but its ilussion since there is too much gap closers as you already should know which makes range almost uselles.

@Aaron Forestman.4758 said:That would be so weird, and aside from specific cases like the one you gave, you probably wouldn't want this every time you merge.

If you take this trait which is a choice than you will build your rotation around it which means you will pay more attention to pet targets and most occasionally split it from your own.