So mirage loses a dodge as tradeoff

Crab Fear.1624

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Time to revert EM to original state until you decide to change the tradeoff.

EM could mean no new dodge for 16 secs...

Unacceptable

first of all, stop pretending you care.sec of all, read patch notes.third of all, delete this post becouse its pointless

I care cause I play core mesmer.

I mean it won't affect me, but I'm not so anti messaging, as I am anti mirage as designed.

Forgot about the global change. So dodge 2 clear 2 condos in pvp every 10 secs.

Such powerful gm trait

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Time to revert EM to original state until you decide to change the tradeoff.

Unacceptable

first of all, stop pretending you care.sec of all, read patch notes.third of all, delete this post becouse its pointless

I mean it won't affect me, but I'm not so anti messaging, as I am anti mirage as designed.

Such powerful gm trait

im going to assume its sarcasm.for mesmer its progress.LT was removedCI was removedbleed on dodge got removed ( I actually played it over IH on my axe mirage PepeHands, i knew it wasnt good )this time its progress, they changed the trait from so fucking bad its better to have no trait that have this piece of shit, into -> this trait is very fucking bad but if you are drunk and take it by mistake its not so bad that you might as well afk and can kind of contribute.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Unacceptable

Such powerful gm trait

im going to assume its sarcasm.for mesmer its progress.LT was removedCI was removedbleed on dodge got removed ( I actually played it over IH on my axe mirage PepeHands, i knew it wasnt good )this time its progress, they changed the trait from so kitten bad its better to have no trait that have this piece of kitten, into -> this trait is very kitten bad but if you are drunk and take it by mistake its not so bad that you might as well afk and can kind of contribute.

Well, I was just saying with only 1 dodge of em would be fine.

I even suggested when I heard about the dodge reduction that they let EM grant 50 more endurance.

@Zephoid.4263 said:In most other classes, cleansing 2 condis every 10s on demand would seem reasonable. Effectively guard's lesser smite condition on a shorter cd. That IH is such an overloaded skill means that EM probably won't get taken all that much (though i do expect the meta to shift more to condi).

this is GM trait and should be treated as such.compare it to escapist fort on thief, that realistically will not only proc more often, but also heal, but also is not a freaking grandmaster.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Unacceptable

Such powerful gm trait

im going to assume its sarcasm.for mesmer its progress.LT was removedCI was removedbleed on dodge got removed ( I actually played it over IH on my axe mirage PepeHands, i knew it wasnt good )this time its progress, they changed the trait from so kitten bad its better to have no trait that have this piece of kitten, into -> this trait is very kitten bad but if you are drunk and take it by mistake its not so bad that you might as well afk and can kind of contribute.

Well, I was just saying with only 1 dodge of em would be fine.

I even suggested when I heard about the dodge reduction that they let EM grant 50 more endurance.

still would be garbage, mirage is not playable without IH. IH is the reason you go mirage, this traitline provides nothing of value other then that.QoL things like can dodge while casting/stunned is not good enough to be worth taking.just compare raw value of mirage as a traitline to spb, IH is the only thing that even makes it something worth looking at.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Zephoid.4263 said:In most other classes, cleansing 2 condis every 10s on demand would seem reasonable. Effectively guard's lesser smite condition on a shorter cd. That IH is such an overloaded skill means that EM probably won't get taken all that much (though i do expect the meta to shift more to condi).

this is GM trait and should be treated as such.compare it to escapist fort on thief, that realistically will not only proc more often, but also heal, but also is not a freaking grandmaster.

Better to compare it with DH Hunter's Fortification. DH has very few ways to proc aegis, even fewer on a reasonable cd. Having no conditions isn't something that happens in PVP very often, with even power abilities inflicting conditions. It is pretty much only useful with weapon skills that conditionally block attacks (shield 5, sword 3), but even then has an ICD so it itsn't procing much.There are a LOT of bad GM traits, this isn't even close to the bottom of the barrel. Again, IH is so overloaded that it almost doesn't matter what you made this, its not going to be taken all that often.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Unacceptable

I'm pretty sure the patch notes say one dodge mirage is happening. Just scrap the stupid class and start over already....

its ok, all mes has to have is a stick and it will still have an op build. they have been removing mes builds from the game for some time now, and each and every time a new op one pops up and everyone hates it. its kind of funny if you don't think about it too long. so my suggestion is to not think about it. its ok if core is better then the expacs, I mean who the hell decided players should have build options? its easier to balance if theres only one class with one build which is where this crap game is headed.

@Zephoid.4263 said:

Better to compare it with DH Hunter's Fortification. DH has very few ways to proc aegis, even fewer on a reasonable cd. Having no conditions isn't something that happens in PVP very often, with even power abilities inflicting conditions. It is pretty much only useful with weapon skills that conditionally block attacks (shield 5, sword 3), but even then has an ICD so it itsn't procing much.There are a LOT of bad GM traits, this isn't even close to the bottom of the barrel. Again, IH is so overloaded that it almost doesn't matter what you made this, its not going to be taken all that often.

By comparing IH to other especs GM you are missing the point.Mirage gives almost nothing as a espec without IH.do you srsl thing that using ambush after dodge 1s channel to deal 1,8k dmg is a worthy espec mechanic?Without IH mirage is one of the weakest if no THE espec mechanics in the game.Mirage ALSO pays 2 traits to gets its "mirage cloak" more then any other espec.Meaning other specs get 1 extra trait, and its usually REALLY good and fits the spec.DH gets 5-15% dmg.holo gets extra holo dmg depending on heat.SPB resets f1 skills and gets 200+ power and ferocityreaper gets + 20% chill duration and +10% dmg against chilled targets.etc etc, all VERY good and impactfull traits, mirage gets Movespeed during dodge. Big xd

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

By comparing IH to other especs GM you are missing the point.Mirage gives almost nothing as a espec without IH.do you srsl thing that using ambush after dodge 1s channel to deal 1,8k dmg is a worthy espec mechanic?Without IH mirage is one of the weakest if no THE espec mechanics in the game.Mirage ALSO pays 2 traits to gets its "mirage cloak" more then any other espec.Meaning other specs get 1 extra trait, and its usually REALLY good and fits the spec.DH gets 5-15% dmg.holo gets extra holo dmg depending on heat.SPB resets f1 skills and gets 200+ power and ferocityreaper gets + 20% chill duration and +10% dmg against chilled targets.etc etc,
all VERY good and impactfull traits, mirage gets Movespeed during dodge
. Big xd

OP is a mesmer hater, pointed that out earlier. So in his defense he made this thread ?

etc etc, all VERY good and impactfull traits, mirage gets Movespeed during dodge. Big xdThat must have been in the same trait that comes with MC, not separately. IH should have been minor grandmaster trait because how they nerfed everything in mind that IH is always used. Without IH mirage is trash, for real, everyone could play without IH because shatters were strong and worth using. Now shatters are worthless and to do any damage everyone went for IH. But even main mesmer ambushes are pathetic without IH.E-spec that must burn his evades to do damage and revolve around evading have 1 dodge. Daredevil somewhere in the corner dying from laughter with 3 evades. Well played.P.S grandmaster minor or chrono and new "lost time trait" and current chrono state. Smitersbooned into oblivion

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

By comparing IH to other especs GM you are missing the point.Mirage gives almost nothing as a espec without IH.do you srsl thing that using ambush after dodge 1s channel to deal 1,8k dmg is a worthy espec mechanic?Without IH mirage is one of the weakest if no THE espec mechanics in the game.Mirage ALSO pays 2 traits to gets its "mirage cloak" more then any other espec.Meaning other specs get 1 extra trait, and its usually REALLY good and fits the spec.DH gets 5-15% dmg.holo gets extra holo dmg depending on heat.SPB resets f1 skills and gets 200+ power and ferocityreaper gets + 20% chill duration and +10% dmg against chilled targets.etc etc, all VERY good and impactfull traits, mirage gets Movespeed during dodge. Big xd

Mirage gets dodging while casting and beeing cced which is just stupid

@Odik.4587 said:

By comparing IH to other especs GM you are missing the point.Mirage gives almost nothing as a espec without IH.do you srsl thing that using ambush after dodge 1s channel to deal 1,8k dmg is a worthy espec mechanic?Without IH mirage is one of the weakest if no THE espec mechanics in the game.Mirage ALSO pays 2 traits to gets its "mirage cloak" more then any other espec.Meaning other specs get 1 extra trait, and its usually REALLY good and fits the spec.DH gets 5-15% dmg.holo gets extra holo dmg depending on heat.SPB resets f1 skills and gets 200+ power and ferocityreaper gets + 20% chill duration and +10% dmg against chilled targets.etc etc,
all VERY good and impactfull traits, mirage gets Movespeed during dodge
. Big xd

OP is a mesmer hater, pointed that out earlier. So in his defense he made this thread ?

etc etc, all VERY good and impactfull traits, mirage gets Movespeed during dodge. Big xdThat must have been in the same trait that comes with MC, not separately. IH should have been minor grandmaster trait because how they nerfed everything in mind that IH is always used. Without IH mirage is trash, for real, everyone could play without IH because shatters were strong and worth using. Now shatters are worthless and to do any damage everyone went for IH. But even main mesmer ambushes are pathetic without IH.E-spec that must burn his evades to do damage and revolve around evading have 1 dodge. Daredevil somewhere in the corner dying from laughter with 3 evades. Well played.P.S grandmaster minor or chrono and new "lost time trait" and current chrono state. Smitersbooned into oblivion

Not a mesmer hater.

Mirage hater.

I'm very happy that most clowns will stop playing it now.

I typed this with my feet because I am clapping so hard to celebrate.

@Ghostof Luzifer.6159 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Tharan.9085SPBgets boon removal, damage boost, extra stats pulsing reveal, pull, immob, unblockable aoe daze, resets the cooldowns of his F1, and damage on boon removal.its just stupid :D

and yet mirage trashes a war.. hm i wonder why?

does it? Or maybe just maybe warriors are unwilling to change their build to utterly stonewall condimes ?are you one of those warriors that use 100% metabattle SPB even against 5 condi builds and pretend that its your weakness? all the while wearing toughness amulet to boot?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Tharan.9085SPBgets boon removal, damage boost, extra stats pulsing reveal, pull, immob, unblockable aoe daze, resets the cooldowns of his F1, and damage on boon removal.its just stupid :D

does it? Or maybe just maybe warriors are unwilling to change their build to utterly stonewall condimes ?are you one of those warriors that use 100% metabattle SPB even against 5 condi builds and pretend that its your weakness? all the while wearing toughness amulet to boot?

my point was that you can list trait interactions of other classes all day long, it wont change the fact that the concept of mirage is in and of itself very strong. For example through clones mirage gets a lot of passive damage. A warrior is good example of the opposite, the class doesnt have passive damage. You have to come close to your enemy to be able to do dmg. This disadvantage alone allows for stronger dmg modifiers for example. In addition war skills are heavily telegraphed etc etc. Dont get me wrong war is op aswell but since it also gets nerfed I dont see your problem..

@Ghostof Luzifer.6159 said:

my point was that you can list trait interactions of other classes all day long, it wont change the fact that the concept of mirage is in and of itself very strong. For example through clones mirage gets a lot of passive damage. A warrior is good example of the opposite, the class doesnt have passive damage. You have to come close to your enemy to be able to do dmg. This disadvantage alone allows for stronger dmg modifiers for example. In addition war skills are heavily telegraphed etc etc. Dont get me wrong war is op aswell but since it also gets nerfed I dont see your problem..

And you missed the fact that clones swing both ways, clones do indeed add passive damage. But they also generate resources to the oponent.warrior gets power, ferocity, might, healing, adrenaline, endurance from them.necro gets lifeforce, rev gets energyand so on and so forth.