Questions about balance patch

Joao.3410

@Joao.3410 said:Maybe I missed it, but I think I only saw the deadeye elite and the shadow arts minor getting a 1 second nerfs? I’m not sure if that solves anything since thief still has so many ways to apply stealth through weapons. I think the problem with stealth isn’t just limited to thief but the mechanic as a whole is broken. The ability to de-target making you almost un-hittable unless your opponent has a radial or ground marking AOE is too strong. Stealth also gives the user such a huge advantage in terms of positioning and often gaining a free hit coming back out of stealth. It feels like the stealth user is stopping and restarting the fight at will.

Much of the stealth is getting indirect nerfs, as many skills are seeing ini cost increase, meaning they can spam less skills, including the mobility skills like deaths retreat, withdraw, etc. Smoke Screen (25sec to 45sec), Shadow Meld, Concealing Restoration, etc saw CD increases. Not saying high stealth uptime or perm uptime still wont be possible, it does mean they have to give up more to do it. Time will tell if those are enough, however some people will not be happy until it is totally removed. While I am not fond of the mechanic, it doesn't bother me that much, however the perm stealth builds we have now need to go.

Something else to keep in mind, with some of the pretty big dmg nerfs to thief as well and base HP for everyone not changing, that means one shots from stealth should not really be a thing anymore unless you are running pure glass as well. Along with those reductions, that means the thief will need to be out of stealth much longer to do the same dmg. Not saying this will be perfect, the down side is that if specced for high stealth, the stealth they do have will be more powerful due to the nerfs in spike dmg across the board as well as defensive skills, I think it will make those high stealth up time builds even harder to kill, though less of a threat in a fight, however as a map roaming camp flipper, or hiding in keeps etc it might end up being untouchable. As those builds are all about avoiding other players and getting around the map, not taking on fights you can't win right away.

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

@displayname.8315 said:My understanding was coefficients were being adjusted mostly. I took that mean things like clicking a trait button and getting double damage burn guard + burning sigils + 25% boost to all DMG at range = 300% - 400%

Stuff like that.

Huh? Are you saying theres some passive trait that does this? Also what gives double damage burning I don't see it. I think you are confusing duration with damage multiplier. At range? Aren't burn guard heavily melee based? Theres so much stuff like that and more that doesn't make sense with the post here.Amplified wrath 15%, Fiery wrath +7%, +15% distance bonus (people move in and out, especially when trying to heal), another +7% flame rune. Durations are a big deal if you don't have perma cleanse on everyone.

A lot of this is a full DMG increase to all hits including power as a side effect, and also you get crit % and ferocity bonuses as passive bundles.

Don't know if its DMG + (DMGx0.45) but it sure feels compounding.

Just a quick look thru the version history of the gear/traits show how the changes were % increases. Probably worked well when grinding thru increasing pve content. Its down to a couple ticks in wvw.