Tarir Meta Chests Already Opened

Hello,

I've come across this quite often. I do the tarir meta and when I go downstairs to loot the chests they are all already opened. I'm usually the only exalted armor at west or south and therefore basicly carry the whole meta. It is a real bummer then to see you won't get any rewards for it.

Also I know you are working on titles for metas. Is there a way to see now how many times I have done a specific meta? I Can't find anything for it on https://gw2efficiency.com/user/api-keys.

Kind Regards,

the biggest chests are daily, so you can only loot them once per day. all the others should re-appear after each meta.

i heard that if you're doing the meta a second time you need credit for hitting the gate in order to loot, not sure if true though.

• 7 months later...

@Coldmail.9672 said:I'm usually the only exalted armor at west or south and therefore basicly carry the whole meta. It is a real bummer then to see you won't get any rewards for it.

And we are grateful for your service.

You say all the chests. You mean not just the giant ones?Can it be because you are on the same instance you were during a previous meta since the last reset?

The big chests can only be opened once per day and its based upon your contribution, try to get 100% or more to be safe, though I've seen them openable at as little as 70% contribution which is hitting the Octovine for at least one burn.

Armors won't get contribution if you're just stunning enemies and ressing people, you need to hit Octo in a 1-2 cycle. This is because while they did modify the game a while back to give supports credit, that only counts if you do enough damage, then it'll start counting your support (heals, CC, etc), its designed this way to keep people from just leaching with support skills.

Yes ALL chests.No I'm not in the same instance and it doesn't matter.The big chests can be opened EVERY meta and do NOT depend on meta contribution.The stun skills of the armors ALSO do damage.

Guys thank you for the input but I'm looking for an answer from people who actually know what is going on.

I have over 6000 successful Tarir metas.

It's not an urgent issue but it is kind of annoying when it happens.

More than 6000 times? Wow. Impressive. That means that, on average, you did the meta roughly 4 times every single day since HoT was released. I don't think you will find anyone who has more knowledge about that event than you, especially since the related achievement - which only counts to 100 - is so rare that only about 6% of the players have it.Where do you keep track of that number, by the way? I'm curious to see where I'm at, that's why I'm asking.

• Like 1

The 6% I quoted is from GW2Efficiency. While the site only incorporates data from a fraction of the player base, I have to consider that it's representative, or if not, it is, at least, overestimating the real number, operating on the assumption that most casual or "Sunday" players - who will likely have this achievement locked - don't register their accounts on the site. But even if it was common, your stat has got to be at the top.

May I ask where you know the number of successes from? I want to know my stat and was wondering if you only estimated the 6000 or have an exact count that I missed.

Anyway, I hope you find your answer.

I already answered your question. It is based on the average that I do it per day. Anet is working on new meta titles that show how many times you ' ve done them. This is beside the point of my original question . Because of this discussion my question will probably never be answered now lol .......

@"Coldmail.9672" said:Yes ALL chests.No I'm not in the same instance and it doesn't matter.The big chests can be opened EVERY meta and do NOT depend on meta contribution.The stun skills of the armors ALSO do damage.

Guys thank you for the input but I'm looking for an answer from people who actually know what is going on.

I have over 6000 successful Tarir metas.

It's not an urgent issue but it is kind of annoying when it happens.

What's the point of arguing with other people who have "The Golden Child" title like they know absolutely nothing? This is a popular meta so if its really bugged like you say it is then people would be complaining all over the forums.

• 8 months later...

Bit late to the discussion, but here goes.

I had this bug quite a lot and since I didn't get an answer by reporting it, I tried to figure out why it happens. I made screenshots so I can count how often it happens. Through these screenshots I got an idea how it gets triggered and how you can avoid it. Atleast if it is the same bug I have.You say you do Tarir quite a lot. Could it be that you log in for Tarir Meta and log out right after looting and then the first thing you do after logging in again is the Meta?

My theory is this (No prove, obviously, but I tried to reproduce it a few times and it works.):After looting a timer gets started so you can't multiloot on other maps, but it seems this timer only works if you're online.So if you log out right after and log in to do Tarir again just a few minutes before the Meta starts and the Meta is fast (which it is most of the time) this timer is still working and the game thinks you want to multiloot on another map.In order to avoid it, simply wait for a few minutes on the map after looting or go on the map a bit earlier.I'm not sure on on the details. I think the timer is about 20minutes. I don't know if the timer counts if you are on another char and then change to the one you already did Tarir to do it again or if it perhaps only works on the Auric Basin map, but after getting this bug more than 30 times, I really don't want to experiment any longer.I missed enough loot.

@Coldmail.9672 said:Yes ALL chests.No I'm not in the same instance and it doesn't matter.

From my extensive knowledge of how AB works. In the past I've landed on 2 different instances that shared the same IP. I could loot from 1 but not the other because I had looted from it 2 hours previously, but on the 3rd time around when I landed on a completely different IP I couldn't loot it. Depending on how many times it was already done, there could quite possibly a hard cap on chests per day no matter big or small (I never ran it enough to find out). Even though you can sometimes loot the big chests more than once a day. After a certain number of chests have been gathered, it could quite possibly cap the rest of them out.

@Vegeta.2563 said:

@Coldmail.9672 said:Yes ALL chests.No I'm not in the same instance and it doesn't matter.

From my extensive knowledge of how AB works. In the past I've landed on 2 different instances that shared the same IP. I could loot from 1 but not the other because I had looted from it 2 hours previously, but on the 3rd time around when I landed on a completely different IP I couldn't loot it. Depending on how many times it was already done, there could quite possibly a hard cap on chests per day no matter big or small (I never ran it enough to find out). Even though you can sometimes loot the big chests more than once a day. After a certain number of chests have been gathered, it could quite possibly cap the rest of them out.

These were my first thoughts, too.But the same IP is unlikely in my opinion. First, the event train stays often on the same map for multiple metas so if that could trigger the bug, this bug should be well known. Second, on one day I did the meta the first time on the same map as a friend of mine, two hours later we did it again both on the same map. She could loot, I couldn't.The daily cap is in my opinion also not an option, because you can get the bug one time and in the next meta on the same day you can loot again. If daily cap was the case you couldn't loot at any meta after you get the bug for the rest of the (server) day, which isn't the case.