Can We Nerf The Functionality Of Riposting Shadows Instead Of The Energy Cost?

Xca.9721

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

@Yasai.3549 No, it's the beginning of the high skill ceiling era for Revenant. Gone are the days of the least Revenant way to play the profession with the "MuSt RuSh EvErYtHiNg" mentality which is Herald/Shiro, it's been 2 years I stopped using that build and I never looked back because of my greater success at the profession.

Wrong.

It's gonna be Charged Mists era until that gets nerfed too.

As someone who plays only Core Rev, I can still deal with the Energy costs going up because Ancient Echo has got my back.

I just don't like it that Rev utilities are so overloaded to the point that it needs constant adjustment checks to make sure the Rev "Can't use it"

I much much rather have weakened utilities which cost less.

I think you bring up a very good point. The further energy costs are increased, the more it pushes Charged Mists as a necessity. Increased energy costs is more tolerable for core Revenant players like you and me because we have a higher potential energy flow to be selecting from and therefore more adaptability, but these changes do undoubtedly change the meaning of energy costs and regen. Charged Mists is meant to be an option, but I do see it becoming the
standard
and slowly redefining the minimum baseline. If CM becomes a staple for all builds because of energy cost increases, then it will just be another one of those required traits in a traitline that has long been seen as essential, and will unnecessarily push certain builds out of viability. We don't really want another Empty Vessel situation. It is not to that point yet, but still important to consider.

I do see it going this way and in a world where charged mists becomes necessary Glint becomes completely non viable because it is extremely difficult to swap legends bellow 10% energy with glint. Like seriously anyone reading this who doesn't believe me try playing some games with glint shiro herald only take the charged mists trait and see how little value you get out of it from swapping from glint to shiro which is the swap you care about the extra energy for the most. It requires an insane amount of foresight and ability to do quick arithmetic to get it just right while still being able to use the skills you want when you want to compared to any of the other legends. And if glint isn't worth running the herald trait line isn't worth running so I think there is a very high chance core rev will be much stronger than herald post patch.

@"CutesySylveon.8290" said:PvP rank means about as much as a fart in a fan factory, no one has taken that seriously in ages.I never said Jalis wasn't tanky compared to Mallyx, of course he is when you have damage reduction on him. I flat out said he's a more durable punching bag than Mallyx but that he's still a punching bag because Avoiding Damage>Damage Reduction.

Neither can avoid damage and are easily CC spammed, yes even Jalis because it's not hard to bait you off the road or just kite. When that happens and you do get stunned, good luck breaking that stun with Jalis because that cast time is gonna just get you stunned again and waste 40 energy or just swap. This isn't even considering boon rips, especially a necro dropping Well of Corruption to chain corrupt that stab into fear.

Condi rev will likely be the meta following the big patch, and in some ways not just because everything else is getting nerfed. Stab on stun breaking is a godsend to condi rev and Mallyx/Jalis in particular. I already see nerfs coming, but the meta will likely go condi.

Here you are beating around the bush anyway.

As I said, I'm plat and I don't care to reach further?

Been beating more than occasionally who people call "good" and "best"? Oh yeah those people are the kind to hide their ranks when they're stuck in gold, wonder what that means. Not to forget those playing on alt accounts bloating the LB and falsifying ratings even more because their main matters so much.

Of course it ain't hard to kite an AoE, what you'd think I'd chase you off when I have the node to myself? I can just sit back and get energy, no wonder why people are awful at Renegade if you'd think I'd chase you.

Whooooo scary, 1 second of Fear spam that I can just strategically avoid by not placing myself directionally to the road and player. Be damned that people have some utility to counter attack with like it's something out of the ordinary for that game, the whole entire setup is ruined! Absolutely nothing in the universe can be done for compensating such thing!!

Your pick on damage avoidance (Evade spam), people hit less than hundreds with glancing blows and damage reduction(Pro-Active) combined. Trait after patch will still over heal random pressure and any important 15k+ power burst can be reduced down to less than one heal out of the 2 legends.

Herald Condi could have been meta for 2 years now following Core Rev year after, Spam Wars 2 was easier that's all.

Stability on stunbreak that cost energy is worst than having a free energy stunbreak. It's a nerf. Not a buff. Should be obvious by the doomsday call everywhere about Empty Vessel.