[Mesmer] PvP oriented feedback about bad skills

Tayga.3192

This thread will also include feedback about some of the changes in the next patch. I will add more stuff if I remember anything. Feel free to discuss.

Section One: General

1. Mirage should get 75 endurance instead of 100. You can still bank endurance so you won't get punished for waiting big attacks.
  2. Chronomancer should be able to self shatter and CS should be between 60-72 seconds cooldown instead of 105 (lol).
  3. Clones' vitality and toughness should be a percentage of the mesmer, I'm thinking 15%.

Section Two: Underpowered utilities and their respective traits(I won't be touching mantras in this thread)

GlamoursMedic's Feedback trait should be reworked into a more general glamour trait. It should:

1. Reduce glamour cooldowns by 15/20%
  2. Add new mechanics to every glamour skill, such as:Null Field should remove 1 more boon every pulse.Feedback should remove and prevent poison when applied and revive allies.Portal should last 60 seconds instead of 30 seconds.Veil should give a long aegis to allies who passed through it. (I think this skill won't suddenly become usable in PvP with just a small change, but okay.)Time Warp should apply 1/2 seconds of chill on every pulse. (A cooldown reduction regardless of the trait would be good)

Healing skillsEther Feast: Should remove remove 1 damaging condition if the mesmer has at least one clone.Mirror: Should heal the same amount but gradually, while casting.

Utility skillsSignet of Domination: Less stun, less cooldown.Phantasmal Defender: It should give nearby allies 1 seconds of aegis or protection per blocked attack, 1 seconds of interval per ally. If no attack is blocked, heal nearby allies instead. It should spawn next to the target, and shouldn't deal any damage. Hopefully a cooldown reduction (on both the standalone skill, and on the trait).Mirror Images: It should apply confusion.Decoy: Less stealth, less cooldown.

Elite skillsSignet of Humility: 105 seconds cooldown instead of 120 seconds.

WellsAll's Well That Ends Well should heal for a small amount on wells' first pulse, and a large amount on their last pulse.Well of Eternity: Initial heal should be way larger and then last pulse shouldn't heal but give a big barrier instead.Well of Action: Less quickness, 20 second cooldown. Bigger damage.Well of Precognition: It should be like this -> X endurance to the mesmer instantly and pulses Y endurance, last pulse gives 2 stacks of stability. No aegis or stability on pulses. Still breaks stun and is instant cast. Increase the cooldown from 30 to 35.Gravity Well: It should do more damage on its last pulse.

Section Three: WeaponsStaff: Chaos Armor cooldown should be 25 seconds regardless of trait.

MH Sword:

1. Blurred Frenzy: More damage and/or hits 4 times instead of 8.
  2. Illusionary Leap: 900 range and/or the spawned clone has invulnerability for 1 second.

OH Sword: Phantasmal Swordsman should immobilize the foe it leaps to. The sword strike on this skill should apply vulnerability.

Focus:I'm having a problem defining an identity for this weapon and inspiration traitline. Below are some ideas (as a choose-one)

1. Temporal Curtain can be 20 second cooldown and give swiftness + regeneration to allies who passes through it. Phantasmal Warden can deal more damage to the foe it targeted. Every axe can bounce to a nearby ally and apply swiftness (with a 1/2 sec interval per ally). It should spawn next to the target.
  2. A bigger emphasis on utility side of it can be put. For example, we can make reflect trait baseline and replace it with a functionality-adding trait for this weapon.

Pistol:

1. Phantasmal Duelist should spawn halfway between the mesmer and the target.

Section One: General

1. Mirage should get 75 endurance instead of 100. You can still bank endurance so you won't get punished for waiting big attacks.Merge IH and minor GM and "balance" around it. Make MC not usable in hard cc but allow it on soft cc.But unlikely to happen.
  2. Chronomancer should be able to self shatter and CS should be between 60-72 seconds cooldown instead of 105 (lol).Would be nice to have IP back. I have my doubts about it as well. Their stupid "take something give something" is worked alrdy when they took away distortion.So why IP that made mesmer playble was deleted?To have CS on 105s cd is just insane. They should had reduced it cd to ~60-80s considering additional "trade off for no reason" and just kills it viability in competitive modes, not sure if this would make it playble even.I bet every mesmer and especially chrono players are mad because chrono is left dead, without ANY attempt to help it with their absurd double trade off, by changing traits... why ? Daredevil got his major traits merged into MINORS, scrapper got reviewed after this -300 vitality and got some buffs. Chrono adept trait was halved in two and this insult of GRANDMASTER trait "lost time" gives 3s alacrity... really? This change alone is so absurd and stupid, I have no words for it.
  3. Clones' vitality and toughness should be a percentage of the mesmer, I'm thinking 15%.Merge IH and minor GM and "balance" around it.Dunno.Wells... Why they were even nerfed? They were afraid of this 2 boons this 2 wells gave? I would be scared too, what if dead spec would find its use as support suddenly? We should not allow that to happen !Something to think about . DUNE CLOAK (meme cloak) 50% dmg nerf, thats absolutely hilarious, on top of removing the entire dodge roll its double nerfed. MR.CMC, do you know, this cant even get through AEGIS? So its blocks damage/boon steal? That its grandmaster trait unlike reckless dodge that is minor ?

I like sword 3 change, skill doesnt work 50% of the times during 1v1, and in group fights its not even worth trying, just tossing as a extra clone.I wish the clone would follow the enemy properly, so the switch snares more reliably, most player can just hold W and not get snared -.-Focus 5, I wish warden were to FOCUS ( pun intented ) the target it was used on, im sick of this skill hitting clones or pet -.-the rest of those things dont really interest me, inspiration as a traitline is too weak to be considered worth using. And 1 good trait wont fix that I dont think.This line needs some proper utility in it.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:Focus 5, I wish warden were to FOCUS ( pun intented ) the target it was used on, im sick of this skill hitting clones or pet -.-I think we should take advantage of that fact. Focus is not single target damage, it's an AOE support weapon. I am asking for that change with that in mind.

the rest of those things dont really interest me, inspiration as a traitline is too weak to be considered worth using. And 1 good trait wont fix that I dont think.This line needs some proper utility in it.How would you change it?

I agree with the changes you propose except the first one, distance of dodge is the trade-off, no need for another one.That said, this is a waste of time, devs don't take buff suggestions regarding mesmer, luckily if you make 50 suggestions they'll take one and proceed to nerf a bunch of stuff to "balance" it as it happened to the mesmer community nerf/buff thread sometime ago.

@Gwaihir.1745 said:Thats a ton of buffs for an already busted class. Take it in a vacuum sure, but take it with the nerfs coming you would be the single most broken thing in the history of gw2.

Except for Chaos Armor and Phantasmal Duelist, most of them aren't even viable. Other than those two; only MH Sword, Mirror and Portal are playable.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:would be nice if traited sig of dom removed stab first so you can actually stun the person. make it unblockable too lol. maybe not tho.In my opinion removing 5 boons is a bit too strong. If what I asked for passes (less cd for less stun), removing 3 (it should prioritize aegis, stab and protection) would be plenty.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Gwaihir.1745 said:Thats a ton of buffs for an already busted class. Take it in a vacuum sure, but take it with the nerfs coming you would be the single most broken thing in the history of gw2.

Except for Chaos Armor and Phantasmal Duelist, most of them aren't even viable. Other than those two; only MH Sword, Mirror and Portal are playable.

You're taking null field and making it into a better winds with a 25s cd and 1200 range. Absolutely never.

@Gwaihir.1745 said:You're taking null field and making it into a better winds with a 25s cd and 1200 range. Absolutely never.

Traited, Null Field removes 2 boons and 1 condition per second for 5 seconds on a 240 radius (area = 180864 units^2) with a 1200 range and takes up a utility slot. It's also an Ethereal Field.

Untraited, Winds of Disenchantment removes 1 boon per second for 5 seconds on a 360 radius (area = 406944 units^2), prevents boon application, blocks missiles and is a Lightning Field which gives daze on leaps. Takes up the elite skill slot.

Winds of Disenchantment's area is 2.25 times of Null Field's.

most of these are buffing absolute garbage skills or useless traitline ( inspiration )phantasmal berserker for example is 50s cd, 1s taunt.currently in game there are skills with half the cooldown, and 3 times the CC. buffing this skill changes nothing becouse its still crapin short this is1 LONG cast time, 1s2 LONG cooldown 50s3 LOW damage 0.2 modifier, even including the blocking it still does low damagelogicaly look at veil, is there any way you would take this skill and said to yourself, im not trolling, this skill is good ?Im of the opinion that every traitline should be good, every trait should be good, every utility should be good, every weapon should be good.Right now there is few utilities worth using.1 blink ( must have )and then there is SoI,Midnight,Arcane -> those are good.and then there are niche like mantra of pain/daze or stealths. and thats it.we have boon remove as utilities but they are crapwe have stab but its crapwe have damage but its crapwe have cc but its crap.so many possible choice but all are not even worth considering.like look at mirror immages ... what a joke of utility

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:Focus 5, I wish warden were to FOCUS ( pun intented ) the target it was used on, im sick of this skill hitting clones or pet -.-I think we should take advantage of that fact. Focus is not single target damage, it's an AOE support weapon. I am asking for that change with that in mind.

the rest of those things dont really interest me, inspiration as a traitline is too weak to be considered worth using. And 1 good trait wont fix that I dont think.This line needs some proper utility in it.How would you change it?

Its hard to tell what I would like for Inspiration.the way I look at it, its utility+support traitline right?where is the utility ? other supports provide good heals, might,aegis, weaken enemies,give prot etc etc. I dont see it anywhere.

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:Its hard to tell what I would like for Inspiration.the way I look at it, its utility+support traitline right?where is the utility ? other supports provide good heals, might,aegis, weaken enemies,give prot etc etc. I dont see it anywhere.

Chaos shares Inspiration's identity as a support/sustain traitline.Inspiration should have more raw healing and utility since Chaos has boons.That's why I am going after the "aoe" theme but it would be good if we can get a rework like explosions on engineer.

@"Odik.4587" said:Merge IH and minor GM and "balance" around it. Make MC not usable in hard cc but allow it on soft cc.This seems fair enough.

I bet every mesmer and especially chrono players are mad because chrono is left dead, without ANY attempt to help it with their absurd double trade off, by changing traits... why ? Daredevil got his major traits merged into MINORS, scrapper got reviewed after this -300 vitality and got some buffs. Chrono adept trait was halved in two and this insult of GRANDMASTER trait "lost time" gives 3s alacrity... really? This change alone is so absurd and stupid, I have no words for it.Chrono died for our sins :(

Wells... Why they were even nerfed? They were afraid of this 2 boons this 2 wells gave? I would be scared too, what if dead spec would find its use as support suddenly? We should not allow that to happen !They need reworks instead of number adjustments.Support chrono meta when pls?

Something to think about . DUNE CLOAK (meme cloak) 50% dmg nerf, thats absolutely hilarious, on top of removing the entire dodge roll its double nerfed. MR.CMC, do you know, this cant even get through AEGIS? So its blocks damage/boon steal? That its grandmaster trait unlike reckless dodge that is minor ?To be honest, boon removing does not fit mirage's playstyle. It should be reworked into something else.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:Its hard to tell what I would like for Inspiration.the way I look at it, its utility+support traitline right?where is the utility ? other supports provide good heals, might,aegis, weaken enemies,give prot etc etc. I dont see it anywhere.

Chaos shares Inspiration's identity as a support/sustain traitline.Inspiration should have more raw healing and utility since Chaos has boons.That's why I am going after the "aoe" theme but it would be good if we can get a rework like explosions on engineer.

They could introduce some unique buffs into it, I honestly have no idea what can be done to make it even worth considering.mesmers damage is too low to even consider taking full support traitline. The reason chaos is good is becouse it also provides damage due to give or take 10-14% condition duration, and extra might.Mesmer needs 2 damage traitlines to do anything, chaos works for condi, doesnt work for power.For inspiration to be playable mesmer somehow would need to either be able to be Full support, or full tank or be able to deal damage with only 1 damage traitline.I dont see it happening.Having 60s portal would be cool and all but would it be worth taking, knowing that you went insp and now deal close to no damage ?The only direction I see for it is replacement for mirage, provide utility + survi and damage buffs. But this is power creep at its fines and im sure there would be uproar about it.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:They could introduce some unique buffs into itHopefully.

mesmers damage is too low to even consider taking full support traitline. The reason chaos is good is becouse it also provides damage due to give or take 10-14% condition duration, and extra might.Especially weapon skills have very low damage. #buffmesmer

For inspiration to be playable mesmer somehow would need to either be able to be Full support, or full tank or be able to deal damage with only 1 damage traitline.I think a support mesmer (not like chronobunker, more like an offensive aoe support) would be good and that's what I am aiming for in this thread.

The only direction I see for it is replacement for mirage, provide utility + survi and damage buffs. But this is power creep at its fines and im sure there would be uproar about it.Inspiration shouldn't have damage buffs. IMO minors are outdated and they need reworks. While we are at it, change the mantra trait and move it into Domination major adept.

I like to think of support ideas for all classes because that is the role I ultimately enjoy the most. For Mesmer, it would definitely make most sense to modify Inspiration some, as has been mentioned. Just some quick/straightforward ideas:-Restorative Mantras: Additionally, supportive auras gain increased radius (300-360)-Inspiring Distortion: I do think the previous version was so much more interesting and impactful for PvP/WvW. Wish it could come back, but perhaps at reduced duration for PvE (which is what prompted the change iirc)-Restorative Illusions: Not sure if this would be OP, but it would be cool if this simply affected allies as well. Nothing fancy. Adjust numbers if necessary.-Illusionary Inspiration: The numbers for this just seem so incredibly low for PvP/WvW. I'd say increase the numbers/coefficient a bit, and then give it increased effectiveness to allies so as to not make it too much of a self-sustain trait.-Phantasmal Warden: Selfishly I think it would be pretty snazzy for this skill to create a larger dome at the Mesmer's location that destroys projectiles and heals allies over time. Perhaps pulse blind to enemies inside as well. Shorten the duration so the blindspam isn't too severe.

@Mogwai.4015 said:Just some quick/straightforward ideas:-Restorative Mantras: Additionally, supportive auras gain increased radius (300-360)Mantras aren't used as support for mesmer, this trait should be moved to Domination. Auras aren't mesmer theme imo.

-Illusionary Inspiration: The numbers for this just seem so incredibly low for PvP/WvW. I'd say increase the numbers/coefficient a bit, and then give it increased effectiveness to allies so as to not make it too much of a self-sustain trait.It's low indeed and if they give us glamour trait back we won't be forced to take the signet trait.

-Phantasmal Warden: Selfishly I think it would be pretty snazzy for this skill to create a larger dome at the Mesmer's location that destroys projectiles and heals allies over time. Perhaps pulse blind to enemies inside as well. Shorten the duration so the blindspam isn't too severe.It's a phantasm, it shouldn't be too overloaded. I'd say bouncing is the best we can do with it. Applying regen and swiftness on bounce seems good enough. It's not exactly a bad phantasm, just too low AOE damage.

People, warden deals alot of damage. In fact it deals as much damage as perfectly landed Gs4, including 4 ticks from berserker and double hit from the blade.The reason why warden doesnt feel influential is becouse it hits targets at random. pets, illusions, other people that are at full hp anyways.Making warden focus the target would be a good consistency buff.Fix whats inconsistent, frustrating etc etc. worry about numbers later.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:People, warden deals alot of damage. In fact it deals as much damage as perfectly landed Gs4, including 4 ticks from berserker and double hit from the blade.After 10 thousand years and throw at nearest target insteat its own target. Said berserker does it instant compared to warden and summoned right next to it.Warden is insanely bad, projectile destruction on his location in very tiny radius doesnt help it either.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:People, warden deals alot of damage. In fact it deals as much damage as perfectly landed Gs4, including 4 ticks from berserker and double hit from the blade.The reason why warden doesnt feel influential is becouse it hits targets at random. pets, illusions, other people that are at full hp anyways.Making warden focus the target would be a good consistency buff.Fix whats inconsistent, frustrating etc etc. worry about numbers later.

As I said, I'm asking for utility buffs and keeping the scattered damage (focus is a defensive weapon, not a single target damage weapon).

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I feel like instead of buffing the class the team didn't go far enough with toning it down. The loss of 1 dodge was a start but I feel a gutting of IH on top would have more ineffectively brought mirage in line balance wise :)

We aren't talking about meta builds or mirage in general. Your comment seems off topic here.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I feel like instead of buffing the class the team didn't go far enough with toning it down. The loss of 1 dodge was a start but I feel a gutting of IH on top would have more ineffectively brought mirage in line balance wise :)

We aren't talking about meta builds or mirage in general. Your comment seems off topic here.

salty warrior main celebrating his only 2 counters getting hard nerfed ( weaver + cmes ), feel free to ignore him :D