[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Good example with GPS, and that's why I can't imagine someone would seriously design it this way. Playing longer I see that rule to show pop-up has only 3 checks:

• if level = 80
  • and - if XP bar is full
  • and - if there is ANY mastery which costs no more then points earned (so it informs only about the cheapest mastery).

Pop-up text is false: "Your current ability is fully trained and ready to master!"It's not current. It checks ANY. So, pop-up is exact opposite of system which allow user to decide which track to learn. Pop-up forces to unlock all basic masteries first from every track, then next level from each track. 

I finally completed the Pact Commander, being nagged all the time, and started learning next track, and pop-up nag me again.

They should either:

• force automatic spending points on all masteries level by level from each track without asking player,
  • or fix/delete this useless pop-up if player allegedly can choose track.

It should be trivial fix, unless whole UI code is totally messed up.

For now, the pop-up just destroy game experience.

• Like 1

I am sure everyone would like this, Adjustable HUD. Like, the targeting thing, Its just in a terrible spot for me (opinion) for PVP, its just so high up that i tend to not take advantage of looking at it. Would be nice to be able to move that and also resize everything more accurately. Place things in other areas as well as minimize the screens when not being used at all, etc etc. This is the only game ive ever played that had almost no adjustments to customize the HUD... Oh please just add some updates, id even pay gems for it, hah... (oh yea and PVP is so bad) wish this new patch would be more specific on dmg output per class type, like, ALL beserker style DPS output has a max, mid hybrid dps and healers all so somewhat be the same possible dps/healing instead of massive differences in class spec dmg outputs. This is why PVP is dying, there is nothing really that lets classes actually battle anymore, its all luck of the draw, dodge a 1 shot or die and with high end T5 Internet connections, a 1 shot build is already done before some of us with lower connections actually see it, so, your dead in .33 seconds and havent even seen it happen, but your already dead... A buffer for connections would be nice because most the top players simply have a better connection. This is huge... Connection speed makes huge differences in PVP play.

Weapon Sets for Black Lion Claim Tickets and Other Weapons - As we can't dye weapons wouldn't it be wonderful if ANet could provide packages of different coloured sets - Red Green Blue Yellow Purple/ Dark or Light as I have often liked a set but know it doesn't suit any of my characters in the sold colour version and wished it had been in another colour. Also maybe mute the colours of the trims ie I don't mind the Shining Aureate weapons but the red of the handles just doesn't coordinate for most of my characters

Re Home instance nodes I would like to suggest that the HI are sectioned into 4 sections - Chopping, Mining, Harvesting and Other as it would make it so much easier have like with like instead of some grouped and others spread out all the way in a corner. I mean, if we do HI each day why shouldn't it be convenient. I thought the answer was the Glyph of reaping but it's not very convenient and its one of the items I wish I hadn't purchased. Actually I would really like to able to choose the layout of nodes in my home instance within certain parameters although that is prob quite improbable. Sighs

Can you please change gear-template slots/build slots to be unlocked PER CLASS? (Not per account)I mean: I have 35 characters... I liked to swap race for fashion-reasons... but since the templates released and I bought slots for some chars - I am forced to stay on this specific char... I cannot move all my stuff to another char - and can continue... now I would have to build the slots for the other char too... what would be hilarious...With the current system... most of my bought character slots... were just a bunch of wasted money. Sadly :(

I, personally, have several characters on my account. I use most of them for gathering, however, I have 2 main characters for fractals and such.If I'm to change characters to start gathering, all characters in the menu move around when backing out.This may seem petty however, I believe locking your main characters in, say, with a yellow border so that they stay in place if another character is being used it'd be great. Pinning them as I've seen another comment say.I think this'd be both visually pleasing and just all around helpful for many people who switch around with characters a lot.Thank you!

Heya, this is time for a guild hall decorations update. I know, you don't want to return editing old contents, or going into dungeons or whatever code; and I got an idea. Two in one. I can really salute the efforts of the devs adding decos along the releases, those are literally my angels that make me having lot of fun in the guild hall while decorating. The guild hall lack seriously of Racial decos, but also Npcs, any form of life. So how to do it?

1- Add a new vendor in fractal, selling "npcs" or let's say holograms related to the different fractals: Would make a presence in guild hall, you buy some svanirs, some kodans, dredges, ascalonians, asura, awakened, kraits, charrs, whatever! We can place them where we want, and would have the basic greeting said by all of them. I have around 1000 relics and that will be my sink for sure if added.2-Add to the dungeon vendor in LA at fort mariner, a new tab, allow me to spend my useless dungeon tokens into decos related to the dungeon: I would happily spend my 600 data crystals into asuran floor tile, consoles, stone gate, force field and other cool stuff. This is true for any dungeon, could be awesome if I could buy kodan shrines totems, some of those dredges rusty platforms; even arah, you don't know how I would be stunned If iI could add those orrian urchins, shells, corals and ruins everywhere.3-More musics/ jukebox for guild hall, the only ones available currently are the two aetherblade holograms (The dancing sylvari and the norn).4-Because there is several ranches al around POF, will be nice to be able to but them animals for the guild hall, the awesome sand shark, an hydra, some sand lions, cheetah, imagine in HOT! You buy pocket raptors and you can make a mini jurassic park...

I know that SAB is coming slowly, can we expect lava / water tiles as decos? Wooden bridge? Bouncing mushroom at least? I think W3 is underwater, and would really like to see it. But as a reasonable expectation, a new boom box? Duskk made ton of songs, two new boxes could be made.

Currently looking for group UI has 18 categories and 58 sub category, however at the moment I'm writing this there are only 8 groups are listed. This is turning this useful tool to a less usable and tedious to find a party to join, especially when clicking on each subcategory hits the server to refresh the list and sometimes if player click on groups a little fast, a queue of queries will build up and a loading icon randomly shown with lists showing as empty even if there are actually groups in them.

Most of the time when I open this tool, I'm either bored to death or have some time to waste and looking for something to do and need suggestions. This doesn't mean I want to click 76 times to see if something going on.

To make LFG more usable, I suggest following changes to this UI.

HJej2nE.jpg

1. Move the picture that currently showing on mouse over, in the group listing itself, then remove subgroups. This will allow showing more groups in a listing and removes additional hitting server for getting a list. Optionally allow users to choose a custom icon from a limited list of icons to explain their group easier. For example an icon for bounty will make more sense than a generic commander icon.

2. Change group description to 3 lines to allow more explanatory group description which will behave differently based on which group is selected (explained later)First line is description of group. Second line shows an icon which tells players, this is a party, squad or raid/dungeon group and how long ago it is listed. Having time is important so users can tell if the event is completed, ongoing or a careless leader forgot to remove the listing after finishing event. For example a Meta listing that is listed about 2 hours ago, most probably is a forgotten group.In 3rd line players can include their own comment for additional requirement, which will appear after language icon and party icons in special cases.Depending on the selected group Description can be entered by player or only selected from drop down. For example in raid or dungeon group, description is selected from drop down (e.g. Ruined City of Arah) which will also automatically select a picture for group but in a "Central Tyria" Group, players can enter their description and choose an icon.

3. Reduce the main groups to a few major groups.

• Festival group can be removed since there are times that no festival is active. And since all the festivals that I can remember are happening in central Tyria, they can be listed there. During festivals people barely do other events anyway.
    • WvW and PvP groups can be merged. Icons will show what type they are.
    • Raid, Dungeons, Fractal and Strike Mission groups can be merged too.
    • Achievement can be merged to their original area of living world Tyria, S2,S3, S4, HoT or PoF. Isolating this group will give it less exposure.
    • Mentoring group is really redundant and should be removed, if there is mentoring going on, it also can be listed in other groups.

Notes:

1. For PVP,WvW and Raid,Dungon, ... groups, title can only be selected from drop down and picture will be selected automatically but players can enter their comment in 3rd line.
  2. For other group types, players can select picture and title and also enter their comment in 3rd line.
  3. 2nd line, For party size groups (5), will show icon of players currently in group. For squad it will show icon of commander and for mentor group will show the mentor icon.

With above changes groups will be reduced to 10 and I will happily click on all 10 of them to see what's up and join.

To make my case I have following two screenshots.

Sometimes:

• You are opening the TP to find a range of items. For example, you are looking for cooking recipes to learn,
  • You are looking for dyes that you don't have yet and are in your price range.

But currently it is not an easy task to do. You'll notice that you will immediately hit the maximum result limit (screenshots).

To make this easier, please add another checkbox in the filter box to allow Show only Usable which will only show:

• Recipes that you can learn (regardless of profession) on your account.
  • Dyes that you don't have yet
  • Home instance nodes that you still don't have
  • Minis that you don't have yet
  • Skins that you don't have yet
  • Crafting material that a cook, artificer or huntsman can use.

And while at itPlease fix item categories. There are items that you see when no category is selected but if a category selected even correct one, they will not show anymore.

• For example search for node and contract. They will show when no category is selected but if they are not listed under any category.
  • For another example, search for Lyssa, Recipe: Chaos of Lyssa will show in when no category is selected, but selecting Crafting material it doesn't show anymore, and if you select sub category Recipes under Crafting material it will show again.
  • Another example is Cleric's Sneakthief Shoulderguards of Lyssa will not show if Armor category or even shoulder category selected but it will show with no category selected.

NZMtSPXl.jpgiU7uhfxl.jpg