Updates Coming to Drakkar Fight Rewards

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:

A note that while the rewards may not all be to your taste, they are not the same. Rewards were updated Tuesday to add an ascended weapon set, an exotic weapon set, and the Winter's Heart Infusion.

While the Winter's Heart Infusion is a nice touch on a winter map, I think what might really be appreciated, at this point in the game, is to add Dragon Coffers to every world boss dragon encounter in a level 80 zones. The chance at the Gift of Aurene on every WB dragon after Teq would be a wonderful addition and provide as much encouragement to complete these other dragons as people have to complete Teq (to get the hoard from that).

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dante.1763 said:

@Fangoth.3164 said:Yesterday i got a drakkar fight being top dps of a 50 player group with a bad 8k dps. Doing a proper rotation and having good buff could easily double that and still the boss got killed with 15min left on timer.Health isn't an issue, wouldn't be surprised to see it killed in with 22 to 25min left on timer by good and well thought groups. Especially if they phase it at first burn and so do not get downtime waiting for him to relocate.

I laugh when I look at arcdps during these events. Last night I was playing a Renegade Healing build and I was 5th or 6th DPS in a full 50 man squad. No wonder these nubs find him harder to beat, they can't even out DPS the healer. The entire fight is being carried by 5 or 6 people.

@Fangoth.3164 said:Yesterday i got a drakkar fight being top dps of a 50 player group with a bad 8k dps. Doing a proper rotation and having good buff could easily double that and still the boss got killed with 15min left on timer.Health isn't an issue, wouldn't be surprised to see it killed in with 22 to 25min left on timer by good and well thought groups. Especially if they phase it at first burn and so do not get downtime waiting for him to relocate.

Yea...see, the thing is, 90% of PVE players are here to relax and not do top raid DPS, if they are even capable of managing the rotation depending on the builds/class.

And its not stressfull to do a half descent dps (it can be done by having the good gear/skills and pressing all skills without numbers on it), it also feels satisfying because you know you've been usefull to the fight ?And well if they stop giving up whenever they fail once or twice and try to improve themself instead they might even end up doing raids and realise its not even hard ?‍♂️

@neoteo.3975 said:Less health (dps sponge) but more mechanics. Majority of players will agree.

Nah just cutting time to 10 min so either people work on their gameplay or fail ?Teq was same at release, too hard blah blah blah, now he is just a joke all tyria laughing at its incompetence ?

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:Again, for the VERY LAST time:It is not that I do not WANT to try to get to the green circles...It is that I INSTANTLY DIE due to your EXCESSIVE use of heavy AoE around and on TOP of those falling Ice Orbs that I can NOT go to those shards.You made SURE that the survivability for some Build Styles is ZERO!!!!!!!

I see the abuse in chat coming from miles away....

I'm not an expert in all classes but by getting them all lv 80 I did noticed they all can jump and get at least 2 dodge which is more than enough to get not damage during the whole fight.Insulting player isn't the way to go but yeah if you get down in this fight its your own fault

@Donari.5237Thanks for the info, that helps a lot.I would strongly suggest Anet to include this information, because as it reads now, I thought it was per individual player.

@Fire Attunement.9835

I've seen the first part already in the Drakkar fight before the change, and I surely will report such behavior if not corrected by the person itself.

(What I mean: Sometimes someone goes over the edge, but realizes it and appologize, those I do not report because we're all human after all)

@Fangoth.3164I do agree with you weirdly enough.And a thief has a lot of mobility.When ignoring those falling shards, I can get through that fight without going down.Those shards though have so much AoE around them, that getting the buff without getting damaged requires extreme precision timing with double dodging through it. And if missed, I blew both dodges on it.

A glass deadeye means full berserker gear. My health pool is as low as 11,645 on full ascended gear.What that means in comparising to for example my Reaper, is that she can take a hit and be fine, while my deadeye is insta down if the timing is off.

Glass is fun to play but risky, I made that choice. I realise thatHowever when I thought that the mechanic of those falling shards was something you had to do in order to not get Punished, I thought there goes my freedom to choose with which class and build I play that particular fight.Something I think should never be an issue in an open world boss fight.

Now that I learned how it really goes, I will do what @Donari.5237 advised: Focus on staying clear and deliver DPS while the more tankier classes can go for those shards.

I've done drakkar twice now. The fight is honestly stale and right out boring, I mean hitting a foot for over 30 minutes isn't that interesting.Like usual the rewards are underwhelming. Why not add a token system like you did for raids and dungeons. that way people have more incentive to do world bosses. especially if they can save up for at-least a decent reward. Visually the fight is awesome, although i wish i could zoom out some more. The event with the portals is a nice add, but mechanically wise its just not interesting.