Best build for Death Carapace?

Lonewolf Kai.3682

In general skills and traits that apply big stacks of conditions are the way to go. Relying on cleansing conditions is too situational.

For power reaper builds I don't see any better option than spite because bitter chill and dread are key traits since they apply a ton of carapace on chilling and fearing (the latter is also chilling = double synergy). GS3 + axe/focus are also good for stacking carapace (vulnerability).

For duells you can try the spite / death magic / soul reaping core signet build that spams plague signet to build up carapace with condi transfers. But as soon as you don't fight alone anymore you are fucked because the sginet will randomly pull conditions from your allies that can shut you down by accident. On top of that this build has also poor mobility and is super vulnerable to a +1. That build is actually some sort of fotm, but personally I think it's overrated. People are just not used to fight it at the moment. I duelled one on reaper and the fight lasted very long but that build did not cause any serious trouble at any moment of the fight. It's just a huge sandbag. If you can't kill it, you can just run away from it (comparable to a lonely minstrel firebrand or celestial weaver).

I think regarding condition builds there is not much to say. Just run scepter/x and staff.

Core.

Reaper and Scourge both have better options to go for considering they are limited to two traitlines besides Espec to pick.

Core allows them to pick Death Magic and build off it for whatever build they want, be it Condi, Hybrid or Power.

The main thing yu wanna focus on for Death Magic builds for WvW is how yu can get yurself up to 25 stacks fast and abuse the living poo poo out of Corrupter's Fervor, which gives yu insane amount of Protection uptime in addition to them juicy Toughness stacks from Carapace.

This allows yu to build a little more damage on yur gear, because having free Toughness stacks and high Prot uptime basically laughs at alot of spike damage which is in favour right now.

Yur main enemy is gonna be general Necromancer weakness, which will force yu to master Flesh Wurm and Spectral Walk/Return tactics to outmaneuver the opponent, surprising them with Fear and bum blasting them.

Build will most likely beDM - SR - Spite for PowerDM - SR - Curses for Condi

DM - Spite - Curses if yu wanna double down on Boon Corruption and Shroud flashing to proc these Corrupts.

That's the Necro King's build :o

Personally I tried it and it destroys any condition builds easily.Condi Mesmers, Condi Revs etc. all lose to this build.

Hybrid builds like Burn Guards, Burn Weavers can put up a fight. 50-50 depends on skills.

Many power builds get shutdown too.Power Thieves, Power Mesmers etc all lose.

The hardest counter to this build I feel, are Warriors and extreme kiting Rangers.At least that's my experience after 1 week of playing with a variant of the build.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

The hardest counter to this build I feel, are Warriors.

I think Warrior counters any Necro build lol

When Warrior goes into Stunlock mode, Necro just sits there and takes it because they don't have much to answer to Warrior in terms of evade, stability or Stunbreak frequency.

Spite curses (corrupts, weakness) bunker reaper (paladin, soldier gear) counters warriors and wins by attrition.

A huge fun build against warriors (if they don't run the speed rune themself, what no warrior does because they tend to rely on their mobility skills) is this:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAc2FlRw0YcMPWJOuWnNbA-z5QXGZmC9WB2NA

Just run away from the warrior (dodge their GS3 and 5) and spam axe/focus skills from distance. He will look like an idiot trying to catch up. He can't even run away from you. You can keep the pace (spam RS2 off cooldown when he runs away) and slow him down with focus5.

Just run away from them (dodge gs3 and 5) and spam axe/focus skills. He will look like an idiot trying to catch up. He can't even run away from you. You can keep the pace and slow him down with focus5.

It isn't as easy as yu can say it.

SB Hammer has been stomping on Necros ever since it became popular because their CC lockdown is ridiculous.All they had to do is wait for Necro to enter shroud before Bull Rushing and chaining CC after CC, and when the Necro tries to run, Magebane Tether. (if they ran it)

Just run away from them (dodge gs3 and 5) and spam axe/focus skills. He will look like an idiot trying to catch up. He can't even run away from you. You can keep the pace and slow him down with focus5.

It isn't as easy as yu can say it.

SB Hammer has been stomping on Necros ever since it became popular because their CC lockdown is ridiculous.All they had to do is wait for Necro to enter shroud before Bull Rushing and chaining CC after CC, and when the Necro tries to run, Magebane Tether. (if they ran it)That's why I do always say the only current viable power reaper amulet is paladin and 9 out of 10 builds I run do use double energy sigil.

Magebane Tether: The moment it connects: cast wurm (then teleport when you are pulled) or stability. If both is not ready: well you got outplayed.

In wvw I use condi core terror on this build, you can reach 3.7k armor with 30 carapace stacks and perma protection with 25k hp. You are immune to any kind of condition damage.If need you swap dagger for war horn.Watchout for cc spammers and rangers, and deadeye that can still tickle you a bit.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAsiZlVw8YWMRGJW8OrLfA-zRJYkRH/hkpMoXhQIKAJfQCieL8+pB-e

Personally I tried it and it destroys any condition builds easily.Condi Mesmers, Condi Revs etc. all lose to this build.

Hybrid builds like Burn Guards, Burn Weavers can put up a fight. 50-50 depends on skills.

The hardest counter to this build I feel, are Warriors and extreme kiting Rangers.At least that's my experience after 1 week of playing with a variant of the build.

Ive been playing this build a lot and put it up on metabattle, it's really fun, been toying with a condi version which has permanent protection yet feels less tanky somehow.

Yes, CC counters the build, i put it under counters lol, as the build can just fold to a good core warrior with rampage up.

Ive been playing this build a lot and put it up on metabattle, it's really fun, been toying with a condi version which has permanent protection yet feels less tanky somehow.

Yes, CC counters the build, i put it under counters lol, as the build can just fold to a good core warrior with rampage up.

I agree it is a good build.Brilliant even.I disagree that it is fun though haha.I agree warriors are tough to handle on that build.

I now have 3 build templates in WvW.

One is a speed runes hybrid reaper to catch longbow kiting Soulbeasts.

One is a hybrid corrupt heavy burst necro to control those boon heavy foes like warriors, boon beasts and holos.

The last is this king necro build that is good enough for any other encounters. Anything other than those I listed above can be fought with his build.

I agree it is a good build.Brilliant even.I disagree that it is fun though haha.I agree warriors are tough to handle on that build.

One is a hybrid corrupt heavy burst necro to control those boon heavy foes like warriors, boon beasts and holos.

The last is this king necro build that is good enough for any other encounters. Anything other than those I listed above can be fought with his build.

I dont like the build:

• Critchance is low (74% in shroud, 41% out of shroud)
  • no good way to build deaths carapace other than hoping for the enemy to overload you with conditions

Sure sometimes you get lucky 8k crits (with dread activated) but most there's still a lot of times, when autoattack doesn't crit. And it sucks especially if you activate dread and the autoattack doesn't crit.

Sure it's kinda tanky with signet's, but if you'd play a Condi or at least hybrid build you could be even tankier.

The last is this king necro build that is good enough for any other encounters. Anything other than those I listed above can be fought with his build.A tanky spite curses corruption build and a bursty spite soul reaping signets build are pretty much enough for every possible encounter. I hope the bursty signets build will be viable against any encounter after the patch. I think a tanky corruptions build will lack damage and hopefully won't be needed anymore as it's pretty tryhard and boring.

A speed rune build is ironically countered the most by other necros because of the swiftness corrupt or strip.

So far I’ve tried doing a power based build and get get decent bursts of Carapace, but I can’t seem to maintain it. At the most, I can get like 30 stacks for just a few seconds and they usually fall below 20 after that initial burst. Right now I’m doing Spite, DM and Reap with mostly shouts. Is there anything else I should consider in keeping stacks up? Different utilities perhaps? Switch out Spite maybe?

In case you’re wondering, weapons are d/d and gs, which I’d really like to keep.

@"Maven.1690" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAEd3lVw8YOsPWJOuPutaA-zVhYfBFSGkBbUzMCCrQaKC6tA6OF85AEweYW0/MC-w

Is my suggestion for Death Magic BuildCorrosive Poison is crazy underrated you can stack 30 Carapace from it by itself

I use this in open world and it's a knocker for stacks. I use the chill shout to get rid of the weakness and chilling foes and then the might shout cos 30 stacks plus 20+ might.. hmmmm