This will sound paranoid, but...

Biff.5312

Nothing has changed - this would get widespread reports. People would notice.

Assuming you aren't imagining it (and it's the sort of thing I've done before or something I notice after playing a game with different/better graphics), either you have accidentally knocked a setting or something corrupted. I doubt it's the latter but there is the old "client repair" should it actually be something wrong

Can you post a screenie?

@Biff.5312 I noticed this as well when I logged in to the game this evening.I checked my graphics settings and it seems that some of them where reset to their lower settings.I think this was to do with the recent game server login problem that occurred sometime last week, where a lot of players, myself included could not login to the game as it kept giving me a message that the password was wrong.I know I deleted one of the temporary files in my GW2 game folder when this happened to see if it would fix my login problems and I forgot that it also keeps your graphics settings in that file too, so I think that is what caused my issue as I hadn't logged into the game since I did that.After I reset my graphics to my previous settings, I noticed that the game was running smoother and even though I have an SSD drive it was loading maps a lot faster than usual.The maps are loading in 5-7 seconds as opposed to the 15-30 seconds that it used to take and I also noticed that the Bloodstone fens map doesn't appear to be as saturated with the red haze as it used to be, so maybe they did do some sort of graphics engine changes in the background.Last month the GW2 team did update some settings in the game engine to do with nvidia graphic cards that was supposed to improve load times.