Spirit Shards

Biff.5312

So I've always read that at lvl 80 your XP is still counted and that you get a spirit shard every time you'd normally level up. However, I've never observed this to happen. Can anyone explain to me or verify how this works? Because at this point my toons are all lvl 80 and I've never seen any indication of XP having any further effect outside of Mastery XP accumulation.

@Biff.5312 said:Where is this indicated? I.E. where does it show your XP accumulation. My open world (I'm not completed on masteries in xpacs) just shows as XP maxed. It never changes.

It should show an icon in the lower right corner. If you're training a Mastery that needs to have points put into it, it'll have the icon for that Mastery. If you're not training a Mastery, it should have the Spirit Shard icon there. If it never moves or changes, it might be waiting for you to spend Mastery points for that region (Central Tyria, if you're not playing in the HoT or PoF zones).

One of the recent update notes mentioned that now players should be receiving spirit shard experience when they can't train any masteries currently. Perhaps there is a bug here?

For the longest time people complained about wasted experience when they didn't have all masteries acquired, so ANet has been making it easier to avoid said situation.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:well, actually the xp are still wasted. Because what are you going to do with thousands of spirit shards?

Same! I looked it up on the wiki and it all revolves around the legendary weapons? (well, 98% of it)If you could sell them for a big price I'd be super rich right now.Would have been better if they rewarded some random high tier crafting component or a random map resource. (from the map you are currently on for example)

They really didn't think this true. lol

@WhiteFox.9432 said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:well, actually the xp are still wasted. Because what are you going to do with thousands of spirit shards?

Same! I looked it up on the wiki and it all revolves around the legendary weapons? (well, 98% of it)If you could sell them for a big price I'd be super rich right now.Would have been better if they rewarded some random high tier crafting component or a random map resource. (from the map you are currently on for example)

They really didn't think this true. lol

https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/spirit-shards there are already ways to make gold from them

• 2 weeks later...