Which race is more aesthetically pleasing for warrior? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Which race is more aesthetically pleasing for warrior?

Hello, I'm getting back into the game, but I can't decide which race would look the best for warrior.
I'm torn between Charr and female Norn.
I already have a level 25 Charr warrior, but I made it about 2 years ago and I'm unsure whether I should delete it and start over as a female norn.
Warrior just seems natural for the demeanor and background that Charrs have, but aesthetically, I feel as though female norns are able to wear heavy armor in a cleaner fashion (less clipping) without being too big and bulky like male norns and too slim like humans.

<1

Comments

  • DeadTreeJig.6714DeadTreeJig.6714 Member ✭✭✭

    I have a male Charr warrior and a female Norn necro, I like the vibe my Charr gives off as he goes crazy with dual axes. My statuesque female Norn with the glowing green eyes feels better suited to stand silently by as she watches your slow, agonizing death.

    "When a man lies he murders some part of the world" – Paul Gerhardt
    "Just so we’re clear, I’m a solo player" – Kirito

  • blambidy.3216blambidy.3216 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Norn or human however. There is a site if the warrior is human and you could make him look like captain America.

  • DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭✭

    "Best" and "aesthetics" are highly subjective. Me, I don't care for either of the large character models. I make mostly human female toons. While I like the Asura, their models are so tiny, it feels like a waste to dress them up. Sylvari are... just ok.

    But follow the advice to never delete an old toon, since it resets the birthday rewards.

    X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

  • Human female, although I think that makes up like 75% of the game population
    Sylvari, I think, have really fun dialogue and comments, plus they are the most colorful

  • Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2018

    I have a female norn and male charr warrior and for me it's the charr all the way. I love the way my charr warrior fights, his blows just look so... meaty!

    But I'd say take Shirlias.8104's advice and try them out in the spvp lobby, ymmv!

  • EpicName.4523EpicName.4523 Member ✭✭✭

    The warriors are supposed to be strong and imposing. As already suggested male norn or charr are your best bet for this. I find it stupid to supposedly be playing a heavily armored juggernaut which is a head or two shorter than the random norn/charr in light/medium armor standing right next to me.

    Personally went with norn male for that barbarian look. No regrets.

  • lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Hmm...since it's a question of taste, the answer will be as simple as it will be unhelpful: whatever you like more.

    Why bother, just delete the official Forum.

  • Always go Sylvari, that's my advice.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @AyeJ.6853 said:
    Hello, I'm getting back into the game, but I can't decide which race would look the best for warrior.
    I'm torn between Charr and female Norn.

    Definitely Charr! Female Norn have ridiculous body posture and girly movement for a warrior/hunter race, and their fighting noises sound like they were taken out of a s&m adult movie.

  • Crossaber.8934Crossaber.8934 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2018

    It all comes down to personal preference.

    I have five warriors, and i settle thier race by weapon choice. Hammer war i go with norn; axe war i go with Charr; Rifle war i go with Asura; condition war i go with Sylvari; sword war i go with human.

    Roaming Spellbreaker
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/96MlYj6.jpg?1[/img]

    Burnzerker
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/lLLLkeo.jpg[/img]

    Shout Heal Spellbreaker
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/dqAmA1C.jpg[/img]

    Roaming Core Warrior
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/ABYLbz1.jpg[/img]

    Gunflame Berserker
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/KqQdFeY.jpg[/img]

    Cross

  • Chay.7852Chay.7852 Member ✭✭✭

    Every race works for me but human female - why? because i cant stand when, as a berserker, she calls "i will destroy you all!" - its SO annoying... :s
    I have a female norn and a male charr wariors and i love them both.

  • Brother.1504Brother.1504 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Loaded and subjective question. Gw2 is paradise for people that love alts. Roll both imo.

  • ArchGenie.1063ArchGenie.1063 Member ✭✭
    edited August 8, 2019

    (Comment deleted)

  • Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Charr will probably have more clipping issues than norn. Just another thing to consider.

  • TheOrlyFactor.8341TheOrlyFactor.8341 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Brother.1504 said:
    Loaded and subjective question. Gw2 is paradise for people that love alts. Roll both imo.

    This.

    That being said, I have five Warriors: two Human Berserkers, one Asura Spellbreaker, one Human Base Warrior, and one Norn Berserker that will eventually become a Spellbreaker. Warriors can be anything you want. I made my Asura Spellbreaker the shortest, lankiest build I could and he's my dedicated CC machine that hits like a truck. :P

    Asura fanatic.
    World's largest Zojja fan.
    You can't trust Charr. They belong to Bangar now.
    Make Dragon's Watch great again (by booting Rytlock out of it).
    The Kontract Krewe [RP]: Flailing around Tyria for gold and glory. Mostly gold though.

  • Plautze.6290Plautze.6290 Member ✭✭✭

    I main a human warrior and it feels and looks okay.
    But then again, I'm planning on making a norn warrior for those sweet, sweet norn cultural heavy armors.
    So as @Brother.1504 already said, roll both ;)

    Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Kareem Aqbar | Mindblower Torxx

  • Hitlit.7630Hitlit.7630 Member ✭✭

    Always Asura warrior. Dangerous things in small packages, lots of aggression condensed into a smaller body, etc. Plus I personally love the hundred blades animation for asura

  • Ardenwolfe.8590Ardenwolfe.8590 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Human, but since that's not an option . . . definitely a charr if male or norn if female.

    No longer posting or playing.

  • Dashiva.6149Dashiva.6149 Member ✭✭✭

    In case of doubt, do both!

    Many people make multiple alts of the same class with different builds rather than keep switching builds/gear on only one character, or if they like you want to have different races to play with.

  • Kal Spiro.9745Kal Spiro.9745 Member ✭✭✭

    Asura are always the most aesthetically pleasing, cause they're tiny with big heads, like children. But when you put armor on them, they turn from cute to awesome.

    Tarnished Coast - Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/NM |Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian
    |Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald
    |Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker|Weaver|Chronomancer|Soulbeast|Holosmith|Revenant|Mirage

  • Queen.5837Queen.5837 Member ✭✭

    Pick human female to look pretty, or pick charr female to look kitten.

  • The one's that can wield staves... Next expansion hype!

  • Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2018

    My war is a female norn :) screenshot coming later heehe

    Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, EAoA, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

  • Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I like my asura spellbreaker. Mostly for the cultural armor, animations and when he beats a char or norn player in combat, its symbolic.

  • Depends. For core or berserker I'd choose Norn, but for spellbreaker I'm having trouble getting my Norn to look/act comfortable.

  • @DeanBB.4268 said:
    "Best" and "aesthetics" are highly subjective. Me, I don't care for either of the large character models. I make mostly human female toons. While I like the Asura, their models are so tiny, it feels like a waste to dress them up. Sylvari are... just ok.

    But follow the advice to never delete an old toon, since it resets the birthday rewards.

    I COMPLETELY disagree. I made an asura warrior, and I'm liking it so far, and its aesthetically pleasing for me.

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • Jimbru.6014Jimbru.6014 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2020

    I have an Asura warrior, and I regret it for one practical reason: being a melee class and the shortest race, I get lost in the pile in big fights and can't see what I'm doing. If I had it to do over again, I definitely would have made my warrior a larger race.

  • Acheron.4731Acheron.4731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Rysdude.3824 said:
    I like my asura spellbreaker. Mostly for the cultural armor, animations and when he beats a char or norn player in combat, its symbolic.

    yeah, i agree.
    I have 8 warriors: charr, human, asura, norn ....both males and females....
    The best looking across all armor types is humans. BUT..the best flowing, best animation/plays with smoothness, BY FAR is the little asura. It just moves well with the skills and the speed fits its size. The others feel slow and clunky, to say the least, (especially norn) comparatively. Any time I am trying a new build I will run it on my asura to test it.

    Don't Worry, My Dutch is OK

  • @Jimbru.6014 said:
    I have an Asura warrior, and I regret it for one practical reason: being a melee class and the shortest race, I get lost in the pile in big fights and can't see what I'm doing. If I had it to do over again, I definitely would have made my warrior a larger race.

    I TOTALLY disagree, an asura warrior is a great rp character!> @Acheron.4731 said:

    @Rysdude.3824 said:
    I like my asura spellbreaker. Mostly for the cultural armor, animations and when he beats a char or norn player in combat, its symbolic.

    yeah, i agree.
    I have 8 warriors: charr, human, asura, norn ....both males and females....
    The best looking across all armor types is humans. BUT..the best flowing, best animation/plays with smoothness, BY FAR is the little asura. It just moves well with the skills and the speed fits its size. The others feel slow and clunky, to say the least, (especially norn) comparatively. Any time I am trying a new build I will run it on my asura to test it.

    I AGREE!

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • @Jimbru.6014 said:
    I have an Asura warrior, and I regret it for one practical reason: being a melee class and the shortest race, I get lost in the pile in big fights and can't see what I'm doing. If I had it to do over again, I definitely would have made my warrior a larger race.

    Since https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Embiggening_Tonic I have no regrets. I also use https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Miniature_Tonic to get lost in my Legendary weapon footfalls. Asura is the master race :)

  • Gehenna.3625Gehenna.3625 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Drizzt.1796 said:

    @DeanBB.4268 said:
    "Best" and "aesthetics" are highly subjective. Me, I don't care for either of the large character models. I make mostly human female toons. While I like the Asura, their models are so tiny, it feels like a waste to dress them up. Sylvari are... just ok.

    But follow the advice to never delete an old toon, since it resets the birthday rewards.

    I COMPLETELY disagree. I made an asura warrior, and I'm liking it so far, and its aesthetically pleasing for me.

    As the other person said it was highly subjective, you do NOT completely disagree because your argument is the same. You just have a different sense of aesthetics.

    "In my experience, if you can't say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything." ~ Minister Durano

  • @UnDeadFun.5824 said:

    @Jimbru.6014 said:
    I have an Asura warrior, and I regret it for one practical reason: being a melee class and the shortest race, I get lost in the pile in big fights and can't see what I'm doing. If I had it to do over again, I definitely would have made my warrior a larger race.

    Since https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Embiggening_Tonic I have no regrets. I also use https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Miniature_Tonic to get lost in my Legendary weapon footfalls. Asura is the master race :)

    I AGREES!!!!

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • @Gehenna.3625 said:

    @Drizzt.1796 said:

    @DeanBB.4268 said:
    "Best" and "aesthetics" are highly subjective. Me, I don't care for either of the large character models. I make mostly human female toons. While I like the Asura, their models are so tiny, it feels like a waste to dress them up. Sylvari are... just ok.

    But follow the advice to never delete an old toon, since it resets the birthday rewards.

    I COMPLETELY disagree. I made an asura warrior, and I'm liking it so far, and its aesthetically pleasing for me.

    As the other person said it was highly subjective, you do NOT completely disagree because your argument is the same. You just have a different sense of aesthetics.

    [[Spoiler]] ok.

    Renegade Rework - A fan-made project including artwork and Wiki

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72196/become-renegade-the-greatsword-wielding-revenant#latest <<<----

    Awesome thread, made by DonArkanio.6419 , a revenant rework.

    Make sure to compliment him for all his hard work!!!

  • Xenash.1245Xenash.1245 Member ✭✭✭

    Maybe I'm biased but I do quite enjoy Charr animations in melee range, aside from a few certain weapons which look horrible.

  • Jimbru.6014Jimbru.6014 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I agree that an Asura Warrior is a great RP character. That's why I made one. I'm just saying it's less than optimal when you're lost in a big pile of melee and can't see where your own character is to avoid the AOE.

  • doogal.9368doogal.9368 Member ✭✭

    @Crossaber.8934 said:
    It all comes down to personal preference.

    I have five warriors, and i settle thier race by weapon choice. Hammer war i go with norn; axe war i go with Charr; Rifle war i go with Asura; condition war i go with Sylvari; sword war i go with human.

    Roaming Spellbreaker
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/96MlYj6.jpg?1[/img]

    Burnzerker
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/lLLLkeo.jpg[/img]

    Shout Heal Spellbreaker
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/dqAmA1C.jpg[/img]

    Roaming Core Warrior
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/ABYLbz1.jpg[/img]

    Gunflame Berserker
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/KqQdFeY.jpg[/img]

    CORE. Love it! Makes me wanna play my only charr. (warrior)
    I find core nice and simple. Simple is good.

  • Tman.6349Tman.6349 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 3, 2020

    I wanted to make an Asura named 'Kikkabutt' :D a while back but already have 20 toons that are pretty expensive to keep up with. It would be pretty fitting for a Warrior and Asura looks awesome in heavy armor and has some sweet animations. The name is still available afaik.

  • ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 3, 2020

    Charr animations with GreatSword are brutal.
    So remember thats theres differents moviments animations for each race.

    main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

  • ProtoGunner.4953ProtoGunner.4953 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Love female Norn. But I also love Female in armors, I think I have a little fetish for that haha. Charr is always a bit problematic since many armors don't look that good or have clipping issues. But there are exceptions ofc.

  • Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Depends on your aesthetic.
    Charr and Norn are natural choices for Warrior.
    But then you get those folks who think tanking giant dragons with a shortie (Asura, Gnome, Lalafell) is a great idea. :p

    Many alts! Handle it!

    "A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

  • Biermeister.4678Biermeister.4678 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2020

    Male Asura short as possible ( he feels six feet tall ) or a big fat Norn male as tall as can be
    Do not delete your other one just park it at a flax farm

  • Briareos.1865Briareos.1865 Member ✭✭
    edited March 5, 2020

    Depends on what you want actually.

    Big n imposing go for norn / charr.

    Cool skill animation go for asura, best 100blade animation imo; the way they flip and bounce around. It's like playing yoda from star wars.

    If you want beautiful eye candy, play the meta.

    E: I didn't know the word bad+behind would turn into kitten. Change to a diff word

  • Rasimir.6239Rasimir.6239 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'm in the camp of asura lovers. They do have the best animations of all! The only reason why my asura warrior doesn't get much playtime is that the class isn't one I'm overly comfortable with ;) .

    Personally I'm not fond of the female norn animations or sound effects, while I really enjoy the charr (although most of mine wear the monk outfit to avoid the headache that is charr skin selection ;) ).

  • Antycypator.9874Antycypator.9874 Member ✭✭✭

    I would choose norn. They aren't just random, nameless soldiers like charr. Norn are perfect for warrior's role because norn is about to build a legend — and warriors are mostly legendary.
    But humans and sylvari also could be warriors, because why not?

    Master of garbage builds and being useless.

  • SexyMofo.8923SexyMofo.8923 Member ✭✭✭

    If you’re looking for aesthetics, join the female human meta.