NCSoft codes for Guild Wars 2, are they discontinued or...?

Forgot to mention: it says "NCSoft" in the title of the listing, which I found confusing after it failed to work as I didn't know NCSoft was connected to ArenaNet in any form and at the time we didn't think anything of it during the purchase. Which leads me to wonder if NCSoft codes are just rendered useless because NCSoft split from ArenaNet? Or something, cause I read something about them parting way... I'm not sure how this all fits together exactly, but I'm kind of stuck in a rut here.

You are a bit confused. NCSoft has owned ArenaNet in its entirety since before the launch of Guild Wars, and never stopped. What's happened recently is that NCSoft again became the publisher; ArenaNet did its own publishing for about 2 years or so, around Heart of Thorns time. But, the franchise has always been a NCSoft product.

If you bought the code from Amazon Marketplace, instead of from Amazon directly, you may have bought an illegitimate code. Again, if it is from Amazon Marketplace, you will need to talk to them.

Good luck.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You are a bit confused. NCSoft has owned ArenaNet in its entirety since before the launch of Guild Wars, and never stopped. What's happened recently is that NCSoft again became the publisher; ArenaNet did its own publishing for about 2 years or so, around Heart of Thorns time. But, the franchise has always been a NCSoft product.

If you bought the code from Amazon Marketplace, instead of from Amazon directly, you may have bought an illegitimate code. Again, if it is from Amazon Marketplace, you will need to talk to them.

Good luck.

Oh, I see. Okay, well...

I guess I'll contact them and find out. Thank you!