Easy PVe class that is durable

Vicus.5841

Wish to come back to the game. I would like to know with the rework coming (or did it come already?) is there a class that has a very simple rotation that is also durable. I have enjoyed rogue's dps but not it's low health and it makes me give up on it. I am more of a hit abilities as they come off cooldown kinda guy and prefer ranged over melee. Is there any class that fits this without having to switch weapons a ton and open spell books that open 5 new abilities. Id like to play the game and keep it simple until I am ready to understand the rotations and maximize my character. Rather learn with an easier survival class then once I get to endgame see what I prefer.

Thanks

i would say necro in all variations andrevenant would i prefer, since it is very good in endgame and is an very strong solo-play profession. It does have to struggle a bit with its legends&energy, but its doable-preferably herald imo, due to its variety of buffs to allies including itself, but also Renegade which is loved to be seen in endgame to its 10man alacrity & broken group heals

@reddie.5861 said:whats wrong with thief when u spec it to heal on hit u can pretty much just 1111111111111 anywhere and never die..

Except that's not exactly what the OP is asking for. Yup, you can spec it to heal and it works awesome, but you got to say in the fight for that to work and when that fight is hard, it's no longer 'easy' category.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"reddie.5861" said:whats wrong with thief when u spec it to heal on hit u can pretty much just 1111111111111 anywhere and never die..

Except that's not exactly what the OP is asking for. Yup, you can spec it to heal and it works awesome, but you got to say in the fight for that to work and when that fight is hard, it's no longer 'easy' category.To compare them, I often visit the djinn area in oasis and that usually shows it the best.

A critheal thief can blow through one of them like its a trashmob, without taken any damage. But stack another... and another... and another... and the flaws begin to show. Just one stun will take a big chunk of hp and you cant critheal while stunned (duh). As soon as you stop being on top of their damage you have to start being defensive and once you do that your own damage goes down, making the survivability spiral out of control. Its hard to recover from low hp. You can take them all on and live sure, but it requires active and alert play.

A power minion reaper in comparison roll through them all like a freight train, having far less surviviability issue at low hp as you can flip through the shroud to keep it up while the minions keep them occupied. If you use dagger and have a modest amount of healing power you can heal alot of hp as well, due to the low cd. It primary dps is just shroud AA. It requires very little focus to play.

The mirage condi bunker is definetly easy to play and have a major advantage when fighting "hard" enemies such as specific champs, being 100% ranged unlike the melee reaper that fall back on minions during periods it cant melee (not exactly ideal dps lol). However, I find the slow ramp up of damage to just be dull in open world PvE vs trash mobs which just slows down the time it takes to go through groups of veterans that has a tendancy not to stand still, like the djinn. It may sound odd compared to the reaper being melee and thus having to chase them, but you can do so much damage so fast this is generally not an issue.

@Vicus.5841 said:Wish to come back to the game. I would like to know with the rework coming (or did it come already?) is there a class that has a very simple rotation that is also durable. [...] and prefer ranged over melee. Is there any class that fits this without having to switch weapons a ton and open spell books that open 5 new abilities.Thanks

So you want a PvE class with good sustain, ranged damage from a single weapon and easy to control. Ok, some examples:

• Long bow Ranger based on physical damage (condition can work with short bow but you'll have less range).
  • Condition Mesmer with staff (is more complex to handle).
  • Condition (or power) Renegade with shortbow.
  • Condition Warrior with Longbow.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"reddie.5861" said:whats wrong with thief when u spec it to heal on hit u can pretty much just 1111111111111 anywhere and never die..

Except that's not exactly what the OP is asking for. Yup, you can spec it to heal and it works awesome, but you got to say in the fight for that to work and when that fight is hard, it's no longer 'easy' category.To compare them, I often visit the djinn area in oasis and that usually shows it the best.

A critheal thief can blow through one of them like its a trashmob, without taken any damage. But stack another... and another... and another... and the flaws begin to show. Just one stun will take a big chunk of hp and you cant critheal while stunned (duh). As soon as you stop being on top of their damage you have to start being defensive and once you do that your own damage goes down, making the survivability spiral out of control. Its hard to recover from low hp. You
can
take them all on and live sure, but it requires active and alert play.

A power minion reaper in comparison roll through them all like a freight train, having far less surviviability issue at low hp as you can flip through the shroud to keep it up while the minions keep them occupied. If you use dagger and have a modest amount of healing power you can heal alot of hp as well, due to the low cd. It primary dps is just shroud AA. It requires very little focus to play.

The mirage condi bunker is definetly easy to play and have a major advantage when fighting "hard" enemies such as specific champs, being 100% ranged unlike the melee reaper that fall back on minions during periods it cant melee (not exactly ideal dps lol). However, I find the slow ramp up of damage to just be dull in open world PvE vs trash mobs which just slows down the time it takes to go through groups of veterans that has a tendancy not to stand still, like the djinn. It may sound odd compared to the reaper being melee and thus having to chase them, but you can do so much damage so fast this is generally not an issue.

its not that hard, u dont take the healing signet as heal u take withdraw or w/e is fast heal.the trait alone can hold it self if not dump a food in with heal on crit.

tbh i find it fantastic i wreck tru anything, i use staff which means got ton of evades + 3 dodges if u really wanna spice it up slap stamina sigil on ur weapon and ucan perma evade if trash mobs are around cus gives u full stamina on each kill ;)

@reddie.5861 said:whats wrong with thief when u spec it to heal on hit u can pretty much just 1111111111111 anywhere and never die..

Only works with open world trash mobs. Against champion bosses and some dungeon ones, you'd like to be mechanically adept with the class, along with high dps sustain.

What OP wants is ranger or engineer.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Only works with open world trash mobs. Against champion bosses and some dungeon ones, you'd like to be mechanically adept with the class, along with high dps sustain.

i dont know about dungeons as i dont do this, open world champs etc is easy.. i guess dungeons is same shit in generally i avoid pve crap as i find it all to easy anyway as its just a no brainer npc easy to predict but anyway im out :p this guy clearly wants something else i just wanted to point out a proper played thief on crit strikes trait can easily solo most of the content out there.

@reddie.5861 said:

i dont know about dungeons as i dont do this, open world champs etc is easy.. i guess dungeons is same kitten in generally i avoid pve kitten as i find it all to easy anyway as its just a no brainer npc easy to predict but anyway im out :p this guy clearly wants something else i just wanted to point out a proper played thief on crit strikes trait can easily solo most of the content out there.

I think the key here is that ability to 'solo most' doesn't fit the criteria, and it's certainly not JUST 111111111111111. Thief just isn't that good an OW domination class. Someone gave the right answer; Mirage, Minion Reaper and Rangers.

Kitty's found kitless power hammer scrapper very effective. It CC's a lot so things can't hit as often, it has integrated boonstrip against booning mobs, evade and block on demand, stability, projectile blocks and most of all... 15% of damage you do is converted to barrier which makes you tankier than any other build while hitting like a truck. It also has ranged option in mortar kit or alternatively long stealth in Sneak Gyro. And it's just getting stronger with incoming balance patch.It essentially uses glasscannon dps gears but the damage it does makes it sustain really well thru barrier unlike most of other options that hit like a wet noodle or lack sustain.

Herald and Reaper are pretty decent in openworld; and won't be too much impacted by patch, or see may be in a positive way.Easy 25 might stack, easy vulnerability stacks, easy 100% precision, good sustain, good cleave, good dmg ...

I like too Chrono Greatsword with diviner/zerk gear rune of pack. Foes are crippled and clones can tank, so it's safe enough. But they will nerf the cripple and dmg of GS (Imagined burden), so ... I don't know.

Otherwise, dragonhunter. It's strong in open world and group content. Spam f2 f3 + renewed focus.