Which professions go best thematically with which races?

Rise.8259

yes, really. They are versatile. They are fighters, hunters, scholars. You find sylvri npc covering all classes (apart from mesmer and engi) in the maps. The only sylvari engi I remember was Scarlet.

But I can't really remember seeing norn necros or mesmer npcs. Or charr mesmers. We have an asuran mesmer in Sea of Sorrow. So mesmer is not human-only. Just rare among them?

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:But I can't really remember seeing norn necros or mesmer npcs.

Necromancer: Jhavi Jorasdottir, Havroun Weibe. Both even feature in Bjora Marches' metas.Mesmer: Valina Shadowsong, a hero challenge in Snowden Drifts, and the nameless Priory Magister hero challenge of Fort Trinity

All four are followers of Raven.

Or charr mesmers.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soure_Doomsdayhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vallus_Smokemane

And of course: 8 mesmers charr bosses in GW1 and Avarr the Fallen necromancer boss in GW1.

This is just off the top of my head.

Humans:Warrior (worship of Balthazar; worship of Kormir as Spellbreakers)Elementalist (worship of Dwayna, Grenth, Balthazar, Melandru)Guardian (worship of Balthazar and Dwayna)Thief (nobles always are thieves)Ranger (worship of Melandru)Mesmer (worship of Lyssa)Necromancer (worship of Grenth)

Sylvari:Ranger/Druid (affinity to nature)

Asura:Elementalist, Mesmer, Necromancer (because magic usually requires intelligence)

Norn:Warrior (big and strong hunks of muscle with often little brain)Ranger (Affinity with nature due to the spirits, as well as their whole hunter culture)

Charr:Warrior (strong, massive muscle kitties; Blood legion)Engineer (the general Steampunk identity of Charr culture; Iron Legion)Thief (Ash Legion)Honourable, nonplayable Charr mentions:Ranger (Olmakhan)Elementalist (Olmakhan, Flame Legion)

doesn't fit any race and was just invented as GW1-fanservice and fill the spot of the 3rd Heavy Armour profession:Revenant

Human royal: elementalist, mesmer.Human commoner: warrior, guardianHuman street rat: thief, mesmer.

Norn (common): ranger, warrior, guardian.Norn (havroun, priest/priestess of spirits): necromancer.

Asura: necromancer, engineer.

Sylvari: anything, really.

Charr (blood): warrior, elementalist, necromancer.Charr (ash): necromancer, thief, Mesmer.Charr (iron): engineer, warrior.

Obviously, a good RP idea can make any race work with any class. But some combinations do seem to come more naturally than others.

Ranger: Sylvari (obviously), Human (Melandru), Charr (Blood Legion was the first to tame devourers), Norn (hunters of legend), Asura (they love their dancing moas).

Engineer: Charr (they invented the profession), Asura (they love to tinker).

Thief: Sylvari (Night Bloom), Human (lower class + circus = daredevil), Norn (Snow Leopard), Charr (Ash Legion).

Necro: Human (Grenth), Charr (Ash Legion has a long history with necros), Norn (Raven), Asura (Oola, Synergetics, etc.).

Mesmer: Asura (Synergetics experimenting with reality), Human (Lyssa, Jennah, Anise, Kasmeer...), Norn (Raven).

Elementalist: Charr (Flame Legion shamanism), Asura (Magic + Explosions = MAGIC EXPLOSIONS!).

Warrior: Every race has its grunts. Pick your poison.

Guardian: Asura (they like magic with their melee), Human (gods), Sylvari (idealistic defenders following Ventari's code).

Revenant: Asura (quick to study a weird new form of magic), Human (gods, connections with history and the Mists, etc.), Norn (Raven, legends, defending the Mists).

@"Jimbru.6014" said:Obviously, a good RP idea can make any race work with any class. But some combinations do seem to come more naturally than others.

Ranger: Sylvari (obviously), Human (Melandru), Charr (Blood Legion was the first to tame devourers), Norn (hunters of legend), Asura (they love their dancing moas).

Not sure the odd dancing moa really makes the asura a ranger-heavy culture. All things considered, asura are probably the most urban of the races - asura rangers will certainly exist, but I wouldn't call them a natural combination.

Engineer: Charr (they invented the profession), Asura (they love to tinker).

Human engineers are also fairly common. Human technology isn't as advanced as charr or asura, but they're trying to catch up, and most human factions have some form of grenadier at the very least.

Thief: Sylvari (Night Bloom), Human (lower class + circus = daredevil), Norn (Snow Leopard), Charr (Ash Legion).

Yup. However, you're missing asura "acquisition agents". The Inquest makes heavy usage of thieves, and it's a fighting style that theoretically minimises the disadvantage of being small.

Necro: Human (Grenth), Charr (Ash Legion has a long history with necros), Norn (Raven), Asura (Oola, Synergetics, etc.).

Yep. It's also worth noting the supposed connection between necromancy and golemancy, although whether Oola was on the mark with that one is open to interpretation.

Mesmer: Asura (Synergetics experimenting with reality), Human (Lyssa, Jennah, Anise, Kasmeer...), Norn (Raven).

Yup, although sylvari mesmers don't seem to be all that uncommon either, especially among the Nightmare Court.

Elementalist: Charr (Flame Legion shamanism), Asura (Magic + Explosions = MAGIC EXPLOSIONS!).

I'd put humans above charr here, especially considering the Flame Legion isn't technically playable. Humans have a long history with elemental magic. I'd also note that sylvari elementalists are also pretty common, which isn't all that surprising - if you want to focus on magic, elementalism is the most nature-oriented magic.

Warrior: Every race has its grunts. Pick your poison.

Possibly not so much as you might think. Asura mostly rely on golems for the grunts, and asura warriors are, therefore, comparatively rare. Warden and Vigilant forces tend to rely on rangers for their frontline, indicating that warriors are relatively rare (there's also a discussion in the sylvari camp in Brisban Wildlands between another sylvari and a sylvari warrior, and the context implies that sylvari warriors - who's training, unlike most other professions, is pretty much entirely oriented towards breaking stuff, even if they're doing so in order to protect something else - are few and far between).

Guardian: Asura (they like magic with their melee), Human (gods), Sylvari (idealistic defenders following Ventari's code).

Not sure about asura, since while they'd probably prefer being a Guardian to a straight Warrior, most asura would still regard that as a golem's job. Wolf Norn are probably more likely to take the path of the guardian, since they're all about working with others.

Revenant: Asura (quick to study a weird new form of magic), Human (gods, connections with history and the Mists, etc.), Norn (Raven, legends, defending the Mists).

Not sure about asura messing around with the legends of other races, to be honest, nor about taking a melee-oriented profession. Sylvari might pick it up specifically to go Ventari, and we know Rytlock has been spreading it among the charr, so there probably are a few of those, even if intuitively I'd expect charr to find revenants a bit iffy.

@draxynnic.3719 said:

@Jimbru.6014 said:Revenant: Asura (quick to study a weird new form of magic), Human (gods, connections with history and the Mists, etc.), Norn (Raven, legends, defending the Mists).

Not sure about asura messing around with the legends of other races, to be honest, nor about taking a melee-oriented profession. Sylvari might pick it up specifically to go Ventari, and we know Rytlock has been spreading it among the charr, so there probably are a few of those, even if intuitively I'd expect charr to find revenants a bit iffy.

I'd think that an asura would go revenant to discover lost lore (possibly implying that they are in the priory) to spread, or just experiment.

@draxynnic.3719 said:Not sure about asura messing around with the legends of other races, to be honest, nor about taking a melee-oriented profession. Sylvari might pick it up specifically to go Ventari, and we know Rytlock has been spreading it among the charr, so there probably are a few of those, even if intuitively I'd expect charr to find revenants a bit iffy.Actually, other races' tales, especially pirate tales make for 'fun diversions' in Asura labs, as we heard from Tessa during the Siren's Reef fractal.It's not surprising if they enjoy other races' legends, too.

@Drizzt.1796 said:

@"Jimbru.6014" said:Revenant: Asura (quick to study a weird new form of magic), Human (gods, connections with history and the Mists, etc.), Norn (Raven, legends, defending the Mists).

I'd think that an asura would go revenant to discover lost lore (possibly implying that they are in the priory) to spread, or just experiment.

Agreed, but I think it'd be something that they'd do specifically because it's related to their "day job", rather than being something particularly common. So an asura historian might become a revenant as a means of getting direct access to sources (although there are some question marks over how reliable revenant legends would be as a source) or a researcher of the Mists might take it up for reasons that should be obvious, but an asura that didn't have a specific reason to become one probably wouldn't. While for humans, sylvari, and norn, I could see it being a religious or quasi-religious thing.

Essentially, I don't think you'd see many asura revenants where the power source of a revenant isn't somehow relevant to their job. But you might get a norn revenant who's simply a hunter who became a revenant because he wanted to honour past legends. Or a human soldier who's a devout follower of Kormir who became a revenant because she felt that channeling legends related to Abaddon's followers and those who fought against them would bring her a greater understanding of her god. Or a sylvari craftsman who generally doesn't seek combat at all, but because a revenant so he could commune with Ventari, and possibly other legends he considers worthy, as he meditates.

Of course, with the revenant being a profession that arrived so recently, most revenants at the moment are probably primarily motivated by "this will give me greater power to use against the minions of the Elder Dragons". Give it a few generations, though, and I suspect most "incidental" revenants - those who are revenants despite it not being directly related to their career, or at least having a career where other fighting professions would have been just as useful - would turn out to be humans, sylvari, and norn.

• 2 weeks later...

I think there are multiple answers for each race personally I think each race is at least good at no less than 3 of the 9 or rather i want to say 8 i dont really want to include revenant here. But yes good at no less than 2 or 3 roughly of the 8. I think each race also has at least 1 or 2 things they certainly are not fit for.

CharrEngineers, Rangers, Warriors, Guardians.. at least if you look at the blood and iron legions. Warriors are a standard given with blood and you can even see in several areas of the game where charr rase certain pets to fight along side them which would imply rangers are very common too. We know in the past charr were certainly not opposed to ritualistic things or magic which is still seen with Ash and flame thus might imply elementalist and necromancy too.

I think mesmer is where charr fall short as charr do not like deception on that scale and at that point its trusting magic far more than most would like even flame legion is not a fan of deception in a few examples i can think of.

AsuraEngineers, Elementalist, Neromrancers, and honorably thieves gotta make the most of that small size. But their high intelectly in and lack of faith shys them away from things like warrior and guardian. I do how ever see Rangers as a possibility with asura. Considering many of them have golem companions or helpers which are capable of combat its almost the same as having a living pet imo.

HumansMesmers, Elementalist, Necromancers, Warriors, Guardians, Rangers, Thieves, honestly they have a good even split i think humans are fit to do almost anything. There are so many relevant human examples of each profession in the game but mesmer is one of the most obvious.Queen J, Xera, Queen Dahlah, Gwen Thackeray, Countess Anise are all notable mesmers who are human and there are far many more than this.Marjory Delaqua, Queen Nahlah, Murakai were all notable necromancers who are human and there are far more non living story examples too.My point is that humans have enough examples in both story and ambient situations in each profession except Engineer that i think they are just generally good fitting for most professions possibly except engineer.

NornRangers hans down its all about the great hunt they often bond with spirits which are common animals in the areas in which they live but i would say warrior could be a possibility too along with necromancy as they do have a deep faith in the spirits and spirits in the since of things are dead things. Not all necromancy has to be seen as dark and evil nasty manipulation.

I feel like norn are the most limited but that just might be because anet neglects them and we still dont have enough data to go on. I dont just want to say i feel like they are good at everything.

SylvariRangers, Elementalist, thieves, and engineers oddly enough. For plant based life forms they certainly are smart and very cleaver even if they are overly curious about things they dont understand in the moment. I would peg them more advanced with even the use of common plant material than humans and norn are with modern refined materials. Get an asura and a Sylvari together and well you see how insane that combo becomes.

• 2 weeks later...

For me:

Human:Mesmer, Elementalist, Thief, Guardian, Revenant, Necromancer

Sylvari:Ranger, Guardian

Asura:Engineer, Thief

Charr:Warrior, Engineer, Necromancer

Norn:Warrior, Ranger.

Non of the races but human really fit light classes that use a lot of magic. Apart from charr necro since it looks pretty well. Human, Norn and Sylvari are not big on technology so no engineer for them. Big races don't fit thief or Sylvari that are mostly good honest plants. Guardian fits well with passive/defensive races while Warrior fits better with aggressive big races.

Try to imagine how a given profession could be expressed or pursued with any particular race. The more unlikely they seem the more room there is for creative space. For example let's look at the race of Sylvari. The Sylvari is a new race based on floral anatomy rather than fauna. Grown directly from the Pale Tree, they emerge fully formed and with no juvenile state. A lack of history plus vague recollections from the collective Dream create a rather inquisitive people that are adverse to isolation. Mostly bound by the precepts of Ventari's Tablet they are broadly pacifist but noble knights exist within their species. Given their proximity to the natural world and their affinity for bending other plants to their will they appear to be environmentally conscious. Let us shape these general thoughts into some possible character outlines.

Sylvari WarriorPerhaps one of the easier professions to express within the Sylvari culture. The noble Sylvari Warrior has an awareness of sound and voice. Learning and creating powerful Shouts they are able to stir bravery and feats of strength among their comrades. Their desire to inspire and encourage their comrade is also expressed in the physical creation of banners. Their innate ability to mold plants allow them to create durably beautiful banners of jute, linen (flax), and cotton.

Sylvari GuardianA natural professional choice for the Sylvari, for who has not sought protection under the shade of a giant tree. The Pale Tree herself is an expression of the inherent virtues of Courage and Resolve. The Sylvari once again utilizing their command of sound have created a new sets of shouts different from their Warrior brethren. Instead of stoking the rise of adrenaline and fury, Sylvari Guardians sing regenerative and protective magics into their party. But their magic is not just expressed in sound. Sylvari have created magical wards that consecrate the very ground beneath their feet providing support and robust bulwark of stability.

Sylvari RevenantThe Dark Knight of the Pale Tree, the Revenant seems an unlikely choice. However, the Sylvari are direct creations of an Elder Dragon. They have brought into this world by the use of deep magics long since forgotten and buried within Tyria. Granted these magics were twisted to the will of the Eternal Alchemy, but the Sylvari have a deep connection to the flow of these energies. Utilizing the teachings of Glint and piercing into the veil a select few have made direct contact with that venerable centaur, Ventari.

Sylvari RangerThe most likely profession of all Sylvari, the wily Ranger is celebrated under the boughs of the Pale Tree. With Sylvan Hound and Druidic Spirit the Nature Magics of the Ranger are perfected by the Sylvari. From within the Maguuma Jungle they have made contact with the Spirits of Sun and Water, Stone and Storm. Their connection across the vastness of Tyria have allowed them to charm not just the Fern Hounds of the Pale Tree, but also the Jacaranda and Fanged Iboga have also fallen under their calming hands.

Sylvari ThiefAbsent of the many societal norms found among the other races, Sylvari have taken a rather novel approach to the concept of locks and property. A lithe frame and nimble fingers have allowed the Sylvari access to hidden chambers long thought lost. And like the invasive vines of Mordremoth himself, the Sylvari Thieves insert themselves into dark corners. Given their generalized concept of passive force the Sylvari have learned new skills to calm their sensibilities. By harvesting the various toxins and poisons of the jungle these charming bandits pass the blame of death onto the venom itself.

Sylvari EngineerThe paradox of a Sylvari Engineer should not be taken as bizarre but rather striking. The entire race has only existed for a couple of decades. They thereby lack the physical amount of time required to produce the inventions and innovations that are common among Asura, Human, or Charr Engineers. But this lack of time does not mean they lack the creativity to quickly adapt existing technologies to meet their own needs. Perhaps on of the most common Sylvari innovations found in Tyria is the Elixir Gun. Initial designs required the Engineer to carry a heavy back piece to hold the many concoctions and drafts required to power this device. But under the shade of the Mother Tree Sylvari Engineers were able to develop extremely concentrated tinctures that only required exposure to ambient water vapor to catalyze new reactions in a more a compact delivery device.

Sylvari ElementalistAttuned to the very forces of nature Sylvari Elementalist have shown themselves to be gifted and artful in the wielding the secrets of elemental magics. First studying under the tutelage of Asuran and Human sorcerers, Sylvari soon began developing a whole new specialization within this profession. Utilizing the skills and talents already inherent among this fledgling race, Sylvari Elementalists sung the Elements to higher and more powerful expressions. Other races initially criticized the Sylvari as "overloading" the attunements. It did not take long, however, for all to see the benefits of "surfing the land" or "twisting the flame".

Sylvari MesmerSylvari Mesmers are a unique expression of an elusive profession. While other races wield signets, chant mantras, or summon clones Sylvari Mesmers have truly become masters of misdirection and camouflage. Most that meet Sylvari are initially confused and struck by their unique beauty. Capitalizing on this initial bewilderment Sylvari Mesmers redirect their opponents attacks with masterful manipulations. These Mesmers quickly cover ground like their brethren Thieves and disappear before you eyes. The question is "Are you sure you saw what you saw?"

Sylvari NecromancersSylvari have not yet experienced old age. Indeed no one knows how long an individual Sylvari could live. This has left the race with an enduring curiosity for death. No burial rites to violate, no graves to desecrate Sylvari Necromancers show no compunction in raising the dead. Indeed many a Sylvari have utilized Necromantic energies to create a bone horror only to be consumed with their singular creation. They will try to converse with their flesh golems or turn their bone fiends into pets. Perhaps it is this very lack of reticence that makes them adept minion masters. Or is it the will of the dragon that is being expressed?

The point of this was to show that every race has the ability to fill every profession from a lore or story standpoint. Questions of "which is best" defeat the ability to be creative. How would Asura be a Warrior or Ranger? What does a Charr Necromancer look like? Are the best Human Mesmers nobles or carnies? All these questions and more lay open in the art story building.

So I leave you with an old Guild Wars 2 quote, "What's your story?"

@"Drgnfly.5812" said:The point of this was to show that every race has the ability to fill every profession from a lore or story standpoint. Questions of "which is best" defeat the ability to be creative. How would Asura be a Warrior or Ranger? What does a Charr Necromancer look like? Are the best Human Mesmers nobles or carnies? All these questions and more lay open in the art story building.

So I leave you with an old Guild Wars 2 quote, "What's your story?"

I get what you're trying to say, but what you're trying to say is already pretty much accepted. It's official that any race can be any (playable) profession.

However, we do know that some professions are more common with some races than others. ArenaNet had a table of which race/profession combinations are common, uncommon, and "only use this if there's a story behind it". I suspect that table has been lost or sometimes ignored, but we have been told that some combinations are more common than others.

For instance, we've been told outright that sylvari necromancers and engineers are rare. Not unknown, obviously - we've had several important characters who are sylvari necromancers and engineers. We also have the evidence that sylvari warriors are fairly rare - there's a discussion in Brisban Wildlands where another sylvari is trying to understand the mindset of a sylvari warrior, and generic sylvari Wardens and Wyld Hunters are usually rangers. Conversely, by that same token, rangers seem to be really common.

Nothing stops someone from playing an unusual match. In fact, one could say that it's the unusual matches that have a higher chance of being exceptional, as PCs or significant NPCs.

However, I think it is worthwhile discussing which combinations are more common than others. It means people who do want to choose a thematic match know which race/profession combinations to go for. Likewise, someone who wants to do the opposite and go for something unusual can get an indication of what is unusual according to the lore. Finally, it's simply a matter of lore curiosity.

Nothing in this discussion is intended to disincentivise people from choosing a more unusual combination. It's just about trying to establish which combinations are unusual (or otherwise) so people can make informed decisions if that matters to them... either way!

• 4 weeks later...

Humans: War, ele, guardian, rangerCharr: warr, engi, ele, thief, ReveAsura: Ele, engi, mesmerSilvary: Thief, Warrior, Engineer.Norn: Ranger, Ele, Mesmer, Reve, Necro, Engi

YES! Mesmer norn, Like Orma in Fireheart Rise or Lornar's PassEngineer Scrapper or Holosmith , the true forgemaster, the norn have technology, kinda like Charr and Dredge, and most important a big dude with a big gun/hammer suit well to me, afterall norn have guns they chat about it outside the Great Lodge:

Rancher: What about you? How big is your axe collection?Local: Don't have one.Rancher: Ah hah! So I have more than you do.Local: I collect guns.Rancher: Oh.

About the previous necromancer discussion:

Norn are not human, they have different standards, necromancy is fine for them, unless they heresy the spirits or desecrate the corpses of heroes. Also Raven is associated with wisdom, cunning, trickery, knowledge, the Underworld, ghosts, and shit.

As whe know Norn spiritcallers are able to o summon spirits of the dead from the Underworld to Tyria via a rituals in Raven's name. and they mere spiritcalles not havroun.

Lefsi Spiritchaser: Hear me, Raven!Lefsi Spiritchaser: We beseech you, oh spirit of trickery and cunning.Lefsi Spiritchaser: Send us an emissary from the lands of the dead.Lefsi Spiritchaser: Imbue this pendant with your spirit to protect its bearer.

There are a some Norn Necromancer, all of them seems fine in society, exept for one in Godslost Swamp , for example Jhavi Jorasdottir one of the leaders of the Vigil, there are a loot of other races necromancers in the norn lands, like Lessandro.There is no point in putting human (Kryta) prejudices into a culture like the norn, where what defines you are your achievements, necromancy can only be seen as a weapon like any other, any norn will be frowned upon if they use their weapons against the legacy from someone else or against the spirits Like Avarr the Fallen:

"Beware! Avarr is a Norn whose battles are fought without honor, his victories as shallow and empty as the bottomless pit in Jaga Moraine where he resides, banished from Norn society, fallen from the grace of the bear spirit. The animated remains of those he has poisoned, cheated, and murdered are bound to him, following him always, his unwitting servants in death."He didn't fight with honor, but they do not refer to necromancy, he refers to he has no honor in battle, he is more like the one who put traps, poisons out of combat or a simple murder without a fight.

Charr are the race I'm most familiar with, so let's run through the classes, and see how well they fit with them:

• Warrior, Engineer, and Thief are the signature classes for the Blood, Iron, and Ash Legions, respectively, so they're obviously in.
  • Rangers would likely be fairly common as warband scouts, although with their lack of anything techy, I imagine that they'd be less common in Iron than in Blood and Ash.
  • Necromancers actually seem to show up fairly often as Ash Legion NPCs, and with Ascalon dealing with a persistent ghost problem, it makes sense that the Charr would train undead specialists.
  • Elementalists are in a weird spot, as they're the signature class for the Flame Legion. Flame used to be accepted in Charr society, and I'd imagine that there has been enough cultural exchange between legions that it would lead to Elementalists existing in the other legions, but they might be a little distrusted for being too Flamey.
  • Revenants are also odd. Rytlock was the first Revenant, so you'd expect that to cause them to be more common amongst the Charr, but at the same time, the Revenant's brand of Mist magic seems like it's a better match for cultures that go in for things like gods and the veneration of ancestors, and which just generally care about the things in the Mists, which very much isn't the Charr. So I'm inclined to call them less common.
  • Guardians, if I remember correctly, are supposed to have arisen from GW1 classes that are tied to specifically Human cultural practices. Since GW2 opens with the Humans and Charr having just barely started to make peace with each other, Guardian is something that might be seen as being "too Human" to be something that the Charr are interested in.
  • Mesmers also seem to show up as being more of a Human thing, so I could see the Charr generally dismissing it for the same reason as the Guardian.

@Neeklahs.3064

Norn tolerating necromancers because they fit within Raven's domain is no different to humans tolerating them because they're part of Grenth's domain. There are pretty strong indications that they have a similar attitude as humans when it comes to animating the dead, though. There's probably less of an overt disgust response since norn judge everyone by their own actions rather than part of a group, so they won't overtly show disrespect to one necromancer just because another went bad like a human might, but a handful of norn necromancers that are mostly Raven followers doesn't show a general trend towards use of necromancy than the presence of human necromancers that are mostly Grenth followers.

(I'd also note in that respect that Lefsi Spiritchaser was a ritualist, not a necromancer, and ritualists were viewed quite favourably in Cantha. But even if Lefsi was a necromancer - one necromancer in a quest specifically involving the realm of the dead does not point to them being common)

Similarly, regarding mesmers and engineers - the fact that there are a few around that you can run into does not mean that they're particularly representative of the race, and despite living in what was formerly dwarf territory and right next to Iron Legion territory the norn as a race seem to be below humans when it comes to advanced technology. I'm amazed that you're nominating mesmer for norn based on a couple of characters, given how many prominent human mesmers there are.

I'm also amazed at where you got your sylvari list from. We've been explicitly told that engineers are rare among sylvari and Scarlet was a special case. We also have indications that warriors are rare among non-Nightmare Sylvari. If you go into a sylvari-controlled region and observe how Wardens and Valiants fight, you should notice that most of them are rangers, and even among the Nightmare Court rangers seem to be at least as common as warriors.

@draxynnic.3719norn aren't humans they dont even see death in the same way as humans do, they happily jump off a bridge if this allows them to forge a legend.About Lefsi Spiritchaser he asked for a "emissary from the lands of the dead" thats more necromantic than ritualist if we apply it in gw2.Also norn necromancy is diferent from human ones, they don't go around animating the dead, they're more bound to soul magic, blood magic, dark arts in general, that kind of thing but not animating dead shit, the only respectable norn we see invoking creatures is Wiebe and he don't summon dead creatures, he summoned Kraits.

About engineer you can see a lot of norn hunters carring shotguns and the fire rate is most like the engineer auto skill IMO, but yeah, a lot o norn uses guns, they arent the turret or fancy kind of engineer, they are most like the scrapper, firearms, Explosives. like i say mos like the Charr or Dredge thecnology, more linked to the forge than to the magitech, even in the personal story norn you steal a charr tank and use it, obviously the norn know about technology. Even in "The Great Hunt" norn intro you se a lot of norns with firearms.

the silvary list is fine for me, you use a lot of warriors or I think they are, random people swinging a sword, a mace or a greatsword. About the engineers, because the thing is that normal silvaris don't make things like scarlet, they make them grow like turrets, they have plant guns and shit, like biotech.

Notes on Charr professions...

• The Charr are practical to a fault. They will embrace any weapon, any technology, any profession they can turn to their purposes. Sometimes reluctantly, sometimes with derision, but if it works, they'll use it.
  • Of the playable Legions, Ash is the one most likely to embrace "unconventional" professions. Conversely, Blood is the most conservative.
  • The Charr are generally distrustful of magic and anything that reeks of spirituality or religion.

Now, regarding specific professions...

Charr Warriors: Blood Legion probably has more warriors than all its other professions together, but they are present in all the Legions and other Charr factions in varying numbers. Every legion needs heavies as bodyguards, sentries and enforcers, and even Ash Legion knows that sometimes the best approach is to kick in the front door; better to distract from your partners sneaking in the back. RP wise, it would be easy to justify a Charr warrior of just about any background.

Charr Guardians: Dinky is the only explicitly stated Charr Guardian NPC I have ever seen in game, and his story specifically mentions how he is made fun of for being a Guardian. Given the atheistic and practical tendencies of Charr culture, it's definitely a path less followed. RP wise, I'd expect a Charr Guardian to have an unusual idealistic or spiritual backstory, and they'd probably be Vigil or Priory in the Pact.

Charr Revenants: Besides Rytlock, Gorea Halfcut in Elon Riverlands is the only other Charr Revenant NPC I know about. The profession is probably as rare as Guardians, for two reasons. First, Revenants are new to the world, so there's not been time yet for many Charr to have pursued that path. Second, the profession is strange and spiritual, and the Charr don't like strange and spiritual. Renegades invoking Kalla Scorchrazor are probably the most common elite spec, though I think Rytlock's direct association with Glint probably makes him more of a Herald. RP wise, like Guardians, I would expect Charr Revenants to have an unusual backstory.

Charr Rangers: Blood Legion was the first to tame devourers, and of course we have the NPC example of Rox. Rangers would fit well in either Blood or Ash as scouts and skirmishers, patrolling and spying and living off the land. Not a good fit with the technically inclined Iron Legion. Charr Rangers would also be good characters to "go native" with the Olmakhan if you're so inclined.

Charr Engineers: Present in all the Legions, but in Iron Legion, everyone is an "engineer" to some degree. Iron Legion's Engineers are the originators of the profession and still the best, at least in their own opinion. The Scrapper elite spec with its big hammers and gyro gadgets seems natural for the Charr.

Charr Thieves: Present in all the Legions as well, but Ash Legion is where they are most common; there are more Thieves than Warriors in Ash. Deadeye is a good fit for Charr, but given their size, it's hard to imagine a Charr Daredevil flipping all over the place.

Charr Mesmers: The arts of illusion, disguise and deception would appeal to Ash Legion. They wouldn't be the pretty "summoning magical butterflies" kind of mesmers as one Charr in Grothmar says about Kasmeer; Charr mesmers would be more practical, sneaky and combative, like Gwen Thackeray or Anise. In fact, Gwen's exploits against the Charr could be the inspiration for Charr Mesmers; what better way to honor your greatest enemy than by imitation...

Charr Elementalists: Probably the most common "caster" class among the Legions, especially Flame and Blood. Blood Legion likes their firepower, even if they are mistrustful of what they might call "Flame Legion sorcery". There are several NPC examples, including two possibles for your warband and Crecia. Also present among the Olmakhan, making for a good RP story if you want to go that route.

Charr Necromancers: Ash Legion has a long history with necromancers; there have been a number of Charr necro NPCs with "Ash" in their names. And the Charr certainly have studied necromancy searching for a solution to Ascalon's ghosts. I don't see Charr necros fitting well with the Olmakhan, who would regard them as "unnatural".